Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text today from a new Tesla sales advisor. They asked me to update name, scheduling information and insurance "once VIN was assigned". I checked my account and no VIN was assigned so I called the Fremont factory. The guy on the phone asked me where I am taking the delivery. I said Bay Area to which he responded that Tesla is doing a huge quarter end delivery push for Model X and that I should see my VIN assigned in the next couple of days. I am not jumping over the moon yet because who the hell knows if this is true or not. I just thought I'd share it here :).

Model X, white on white, 6 seater, no FSD, ordered Feb '21
Just woke up today morning to see my Feb EDD gone to TBD. Anyone else seeing the same? :(

None that we know of here for 1-2 month wait. There were a couple summer orders that may have received delivery. Still a handful of us who ordered pre-refresh that have nothing.
Thx. I recently ordered and have a January delivery date but it doesn’t say 2022 or 2023. Was assuming ‘23 but find it odd that it doesn’t state the year. Hoping to see lots of folks get their MX’s soon!

Reactions: Stro
Thx. I recently ordered and have a January delivery date but it doesn’t say 2022 or 2023. Was assuming ‘23 but find it odd that it doesn’t state the year. Hoping to see lots of folks get their MX’s soon!
The December orders you see are for December 2020, not 2021. The shortest confirmed delivery we’ve seen is an August order getting a December delivery. An October order received a VIN in November but I believe it was taken away and he/she hasn’t received a new one yet.

Reactions: LL#2
lol it’s funny because I literally grew up so far below the poverty level that, for example, having store bought cereal (let alone new clothes) was fancy. But my parents loved us and I had an awesome childhood from climbing pecan trees to managing my own garden and building gadgets (including a functioning microphone!).

So while I want my kids (who have a very beautiful life) to have at least a degree of the wonder and appreciation I have for good things, I really HAVE to self-cap my comments or I would literally be talking their ears off about freezing in the winter, wearing multiple jackets, hats and gloves at the table, frozen water pipes, etc. It’s a truly difficult balance.

It’s a reason I hesitated to buy the X. Because relationships and family, not stuff, is what matters most.

So waiting for my X is waiting for my next challenge in teaching the kids that stuff is awesome but not the sole value in life. 😆
No hesitation. You deserve it (and more), my friend.

Does any know if the new

Just set warmer to Auto and forget it.
How on earth can a seat warmer be on auto? How will it know when I do and don’t want it on? And when my passenger wants it on and to what heat setting? I’ve had an X since they first started delivering them and a 3 for 3 years without any issues navigating either of their UIs even tho both were always different and both have changed a lot over the years.. this new one has countless inconveniences and awkward controls.. I’m sure tons of complaints are coming in and updates will make it less awkward over time.. I’m just gonna sit around and whine till then 😂

So went to spy on my car today since the SC is 10 minutes from home. SA said it was being delivered to the center on the 26th about 5 days ago. It was sitting there in all its glory, a bit dirty from transport, but beautiful none the less. Everything looks aligned well. Pick up on Wednesday, but hoping for a call to get her tomorrow afternoon! Also EDD still says February.
Blue and white looks great!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
How on earth can a seat warmer be on auto? How will it know when I do and don’t want it on? And when my passenger wants it on and to what heat setting? I’ve had an X since they first started delivering them and a 3 for 3 years without any issues navigating either of their UIs even tho both were always different and both have changed a lot over the years.. this new one has countless inconveniences and awkward controls.. I’m sure tons of complaints are coming in and updates will make it less awkward over time.. I’m just gonna sit around and whine till then 😂
My MdX had this. Basically if it's cold in cabin they will turn on or of you have heat set x degrees over current temp they turn on. Higher car temp set higher seat heaters go to. Worked fine for me most of the time. Also the car still remembers settings like previously. I generally like heated seat at 1 and wife at 3 all the time and 95% of the time it's like this on it's own.

Reactions: LL#2
BEEN
WAITING
FOR
SO LONG
THEN
LAST
NIGHT
I
DREAMED
OF
MY
RED MODEL X

14" RED RIM WITHOUT FWD
IMG_5713.jpg

REFREEESSSSHHHHH

This UI is horrendous! No access to seat warmers without turning on the heat/air… it’s driving me crazy! I’m actually just opening the app while driving and turning the seat warmers on with my phone 🤦🏼‍♂️

This UI is horrendous! No access to seat warmers without turning on the heat/air… it’s driving me crazy! I’m actually just opening the app while driving and turning the seat warmers on with my phone 🤦🏼‍♂️
Re UI..are you referring to the Y and 3 or new X? Thanks

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Uncle @Stro and I remember when it was like when @Fulkth got his VIN. Oh, the excitement everyone felt. Those were innocent days.
Or when we became forensic analysts, breaking down all of @sunnyvaletree’s screenshots to determine if he was really the first VINner or a troll. Then, when he actually rose above and became our hero.

Quick update: received VIN on 12/23 for delivery in Austin Ponds Spring SC. I don’t have delivery window setup yet, I called into Tesla customer care number and he said it’s in a logistics holding lot in Texas. He said it will be shipped from there to Austin and it is still scheduled for pick up by end of this month. Curious to know from other Texas VINners on how long it usually take to get the car once the care has arrived at the holding lot in Texas.

I was curious and did drive to the delivery lot for of the SC here this morning and saw 5 model Xs primed for delivery. Congratulations to whoever is getting those cars
Supposedly 10 days from vin to Schaumburg delivery. Pick up Wed.

Reactions: rand0m
Hello everyone, my virtual friends, philosophers, guides and support group in this long-ish Model X wait! I am also a long time lurker and decided to create an account so that I can start posting :)

No, this is not a post about being a VINner or about suddenly getting a call from Tesla to pick up my car tomorrow. This is mostly a resignation that now that Plaid deliveries seem on the horizon, with Murphy's Law kicking in us LR order holders are going to get punted to mid-year 2022 instead of the fake Jan/Feb dates we expect our deliveries to be :)

(I have updated the Google sheet with my order details: Blue/Black, 20", no FSD, 6-seater ordered 5/16/2021/ Technically ordered a few days before then, but changed the order on 5/16 which is the date it shows online.)

Like many others here, I went from Jan to Feb EDD and am thinking my turn will come sometime in May/June of next year. This MX will replace my wife's Highlander Hybrid. My car is a Bolt EV which is in the middle of a repurchase deal with Chevy, so I am on the verge of being a single-car household.

lol it’s funny because I literally grew up so far below the poverty level that, for example, having store bought cereal (let alone new clothes) was fancy. But my parents loved us and I had an awesome childhood from climbing pecan trees to managing my own garden and building gadgets (including a functioning microphone!).

So while I want my kids (who have a very beautiful life) to have at least a degree of the wonder and appreciation I have for good things, I really HAVE to self-cap my comments or I would literally be talking their ears off about freezing in the winter, wearing multiple jackets, hats and gloves at the table, frozen water pipes, etc. It’s a truly difficult balance.

It’s a reason I hesitated to buy the X. Because relationships and family, not stuff, is what matters most.

So waiting for my X is waiting for my next challenge in teaching the kids that stuff is awesome but not the sole value in life. 😆
Bread bags on your feet in your snow boots? Nice tree.

Hello everyone, my virtual friends, philosophers, guides and support group in this long-ish Model X wait! I am also a long time lurker and decided to create an account so that I can start posting :)

No, this is not a post about being a VINner or about suddenly getting a call from Tesla to pick up my car tomorrow. This is mostly a resignation that now that Plaid deliveries seem on the horizon, with Murphy's Law kicking in us LR order holders are going to get punted to mid-year 2022 instead of the fake Jan/Feb dates we expect our deliveries to be :)

(I have updated the Google sheet with my order details: Blue/Black, 20", no FSD, 6-seater ordered 5/16/2021/ Technically ordered a few days before then, but changed the order on 5/16 which is the date it shows online.)

Like many others here, I went from Jan to Feb EDD and am thinking my turn will come sometime in May/June of next year. This MX will replace my wife's Highlander Hybrid. My car is a Bolt EV which is in the middle of a repurchase deal with Chevy, so I am on the verge of being a single-car household.
Welcome to your new home!