Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today starting getting the app glitch where a different number shows for a second or two in place of the order number. This was mentioned a while back but not sure if we ever identified a connection to this and start of delivery.
W/w/7/FSD/20 ordered 2020

Coincidentally same thing happened today to me today. Also 7 seater, maybe a good sign? But I am able to swipe slowly on my Android and capture the complete number. However it doesn't seem to cross reference to anything and I check webpage source code too.. 16 numerical digits

Agreed. And mine hates Tesla with a passion. Mainly because her father is an executive in the oil and gas realm. Buuuuut, this man don’t care. I love Tesla for the tech, not because I want to hug trees. To each their own.

I will say that every time she’s had to drive my car, you could see she enjoyed it.
My mom used to always say, leave a place as clean or cleaner than when you found it. Now I say the same. Tesla does that once its on the road. Gas cars do not. Stammering, yammering toxic exhaust flowing thru the underplumbings and out its back ass end all the way cross country leaving a smelly wake. Pathetic. Tesla is clean as hell once on the road and it's one of the big things we can change towards leaving the place clean or cleaner than when we found it. This alone before everything else, makes me happy.

Not in the US for use on roads. Regs coming soon.

Y might have them in other regions and maybe has hardware in US recently but they can't be used without regulatory approval.

All recent MYPs have the matrix headlights and are able to project. My MYP from Sept has them and the light show did indeed project "TESLA" on the wall. This isn't a regional thing from a hardware perspective. However it is true that US regulations have not been approved to allow its use during driving. But the hardware is there and ready to go. Tesla just made use of the new hardware in the light show to show off. :) .

I would be interested as well if the new MX has it.

FYI a reply to an inquiry to my SA in Charlotte, NC this morning:

Most of my clients with Model X order are tracking for late Jan.- Feb. at this point. My internal system that I use to reference tentative delivery's still has your car in build planning, which is a good thing. However, I just cannot see any tentative dates yet. I will say that Long Range with the 6-seaters are the only ones we've seen been delivered in last two weeks. With that being said this is a similar rollout to what we did in the Model S however, Long Range models are indeed shipping first. I assume now that we've started to scale volume we should see a larger volume of VIN assignments within the first quarter.

Called the dealership and requested delivery. Got forwarded to a call center. Very helpful (more than any SA). Told me the car is ready to ship, they’re just awaiting a driver for pickup. He said the ETA is Jan 4th - not the end of the year, but really just and extra week or two of waiting (when it’s almost been 11 months).

I’m loving the stock price!
Congrats! May not be "this year" but exciting to know delivery is definitely coming.
Back on Oct. 22nd I got a call from Tesla (Howard) and I agreed to pay $6,500 for the 6-seater change if delivery was “this year”. Looking at our small data base of 331 entries, I count 62 LR 6-seater orders that have an order date earlier than mine (Feb. 24).

Included within those 62 are 13 orders identical to mine. White| White | 6 | 20”

“This year”? Never happen, lucky if delivery is in January.

Howard, you Lie, Lie, Lie!

I’m alll delivered. First time Tesla owner. A lot to get used to but it’s awesome. We’ve got a buggy fwd and some curb rash but I was not leaving without this car.

Attachments

• D7528AE6-5746-44A9-B53E-FCD05B8E8303.jpeg
    D7528AE6-5746-44A9-B53E-FCD05B8E8303.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 94
So went to spy on my car today since the SC is 10 minutes from home. SA said it was being delivered to the center on the 26th about 5 days ago. It was sitting there in all its glory, a bit dirty from transport, but beautiful none the less. Everything looks aligned well. Pick up on Wednesday, but hoping for a call to get her tomorrow afternoon! Also EDD still says February.
Got damm!! Those are my colors.

Reactions: MIModX79
Hello Waiting Room! :)

As many of us are getting our cars I wanted to share some attention to the Model X Refresh Issues thread:
Spreadsheet:

I added a delivery checklist to both spreadsheets but for those of us soon to pick up it may help to look for common issues among other X refreshes. Here's a snapshot at the current issues reported:
Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Key fobs unresponsive to carOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Loose screw on third row seatOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Outstanding - no resolution identified
3Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Dent - FrunkResolution performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution performed by Service Center
2Noise from second row seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
7Off alignment - FWDResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
1Frunk liner looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
13rd row seat wiring exposed to trunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Curb rash on rimOutstanding - no resolution identified

Feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet once your X arrives!

I have not made YouTube videos but even so, I feel this sort of thing would deserve a “c’mon man”

I mean it’s like a super rare vehicle and there’s lots of potentially useful info that could be studied and then shared.
Fair enough and I don't wanna be "that guy". It's all because of my natural aversion to using video to transmit information in situations when the written word is considerably more efficient. But it's YouTube, so that's how it works.

In the end, regardless of whether the efficiency ratings use power from the wall the fact that while driving he got 303Wh per mile is amazing to me because I don't even get that in my Model 3 Performance. I mean, I could get that level of efficiency but I have to justify getting a Performance ... to myself.

Fair enough and I don't wanna be "that guy". It's all because of my natural aversion to using video to transmit information in situations when the written word is considerably more efficient. But it's YouTube, so that's how it works.

In the end, regardless of whether the efficiency ratings use power from the wall the fact that while driving he got 303Wh per mile is amazing to me because I don't even get that in my Model 3 Performance. I mean, I could get that level of efficiency but I have to justify getting a Performance ... to myself.
Sorry man I was crass. After I said it I thought yeah any video is awesome to watch. 👍🏻