Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to ask whoever has had experience taking delivery at the SC and payed cash. Im taking delivery tomorrow, a model Y ( I asked over at the Y waiting room but that thread seemed to have fizzled out). The text said to pay now but there was someone some pages back who had issues at delivery and said to not pay until you see your car. Would it be alright to pay at time of delivery, either by cashiers check or ach?

Reactions: flippingrich
I decided to take a trip to the Raleigh, NC SC to see if there were any X’s en route, but they said there were none currently in transit. However I was told that they delivered a white LR X last week. That’s the only one they’ve delivered. So it looks like at least one has made it here to NC.
So happy to hear that at least one was already delivered. Thanks!

Reactions: Phantom116
I ordered a model X in June 2021. I am considering changing from the 22" wheels to the 20" cyberstream. The 20" cyberstream were not an option at the time I placed the order.

Do you think this would change delivery date? I spoke to local rep for Tesla and they said they could submit the request. I have not done this yet.

I’d like to ask whoever has had experience taking delivery at the SC and payed cash. Im taking delivery tomorrow, a model Y ( I asked over at the Y waiting room but that thread seemed to have fizzled out). The text said to pay now but there was someone some pages back who had issues at delivery and said to not pay until you see your car. Would it be alright to pay at time of delivery, either by cashiers check or ach?
That depends on your state laws. Here in Texas, we HAVE to pay before the car enters the border. Not sure how much power dealerships have in SC.

I ordered a model X in June 2021. I am considering changing from the 22" wheels to the 20" cyberstream. The 20" cyberstream were not an option at the time I placed the order.

Do you think this would change delivery date? I spoke to local rep for Tesla and they said they could submit the request. I have not done this yet.
Has there been a price hike since you ordered? If so, are you willing to pay that premium to 'downgrade'?

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr

Unless you can find a workaround, if you change anything except FSD you will have to pay price difference and also likely move back EDD

All the reps say any changes will delay your order, but it looks like it’s the Wild West here. You got a guy who ordered 9/30 get their car already, reps calling telling people to change their configuration to get cars earlier & I heard of a guy who didn’t even have a order got lucky.

My suggestion to you is keep your order and sell the wheels if you don’t like them.

• Informative
These are numbers that have a VIN and how many out of those were FSD. Def strong on FSD.

View attachment 749748
The more I think about this data, the more I realize this:
- The one order in Texas was a 2020 order but has no FSD. My guess is that for New York and Wisconsin, that's probably the case too (both 2020 orders).
- For California, the reason we see a lot of non-FSD is because of proximity to Fremont.

So, my guess is that if you don't have FSD, you're not a priority unless you're a 2020 folk.

Reactions: TWENT2
I just got a call from Tesla. They have an X available in a different configuration than what I ordered and asked if I wanted it. It’s black with cream interior. I’m not a fan of the cream or black so I begrudgingly passed on it.

@Stro (or anyone else in Houston) if you’re interested in that I’d suggest reaching out ASAP. I asked when I needed to make a decision and he said “in about two minutes haha”.

• Funny
I just got a call from Tesla. They have an X available in a different configuration than what I ordered and asked if I wanted it. It’s black with cream interior. I’m not a fan of the cream or black so I begrudgingly passed on it.

@Stro (or anyone else in Houston) if you’re interested in that I’d suggest reaching out ASAP. I asked when I needed to make a decision and he said “in about two minutes haha”.
Just messaged you.

Reactions: Pdubb
At this point, Canadian deliveries haven't even begun. I think we're all marked as February or later. Of course, if any US deliveries who's making a side trip to the area might be the lucky candidate.

Has anyone in Canada heard from the SA or SC techs that they're hearing deliveries will happen soon? The service team usually hears if it is imminent as the team needs to become familiar with servicing the car/parts/etc. Last time I was getting my Y serviced in October the techs hadn't heard anything of the X refresh date for Canada so they were quite sure it wasn't happening before the end of year & they were right. Just before the Y release in Canada in 2020, I was getting my 3 serviced & the service techs knew the Y was coming in a few weeks even before the Sales advisors would not confirm as they were starting to prep for servicing the cars, etc.

Us Texas folks are not even close to a priority this week. Unless someone's financing falls through or they simply can't pick it up, don't expect a call.
Someone on Twitter shared a picture of Model Xs in Austin…. Seemed to be about 5-8 of them in a lot. So they seem to be trickling through.

Part of me also wants to wait until I hear the product roadmap update from Elon in January’s earnings call.

Reactions: Elixir

Ship it to Florida. That's my order lol

Thanks for the post! I’ve been trying to get this for months! Invaluable kit for anyone that likes traveling! Still in stock!
Unfortunately the pack misses the most important one, the TT-30. This type of plug is used at most campgrounds. I was going to buy the pack, but once I saw that TT-30 was missing I passed and bought a TT-30 from EVSE Adapters. I'm sure the other plug types actually exist, but I haven't really seen anything other than 14-50, TT-30 and 5-15.

For those of you hoping to get a call about someone 'turning down' their X so you have a chance. If you have it set to Cash Payment, but plan to pay via Financing, that may hinder that process as they are looking for quick turnarounds. We do have a few days left this month but keep that in mind. I called the SA that called @face4radio and they are trying to get me into it (even though I'm not a fan of creme interior). They asked me to switch my delivery center to be the one they are at (we have multiple in Houston). I couldn't do it via web or app. He also couldn't figure it out. So, he said he'd call me back in 30 seconds. It's been 20 minutes now. My guess is it'll go to someone already assigned to that delivery center. Sucks for me. But that opens new questions for me. If you have multiple delivery centers in your city, are you truly only limited to the one you supposedly picked when you first ordered (I honestly don't remember doing that)? If that's the case, it's gonna suck for me here in Houston.