Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was suppose to be my EDD, but my VIN was pulled 2 days ago due to not being able to transport the car to me due to the weather. I'm now on the "pre-refresh priority" list to get a new VIN assigned... which doesn't give me much confidence as I feel like this list is still rather large, but the SA that I've been talking to has been responsive and has assured me that she is personally monitoring my reservation to try to get me a VIN assigned asap, for what that's worth.

My pickup location is Renton, WA
Drove by my pickup location yesterday... the one that my car could not be delivered to due to inclement weather. I saw with my own eyes a White and a Black Model X there and heard that there were multiple MSMs being prepped for delivery. First refresh Model X I've seen in person.... now I'm really starting to wonder why my VIN got reassigned...
PXL_20211230_233830021.MP.jpg

Attempted to take delivery of an MX (6-seater) the other day, but sadly had to reject it. I honestly went in expecting a few issues and was hell-bent on taking the car home, but this was just too much. I had never seen a new car so poorly assembled in my life, and I'm not exactly a traditional high-end or luxury car buyer. Nothing catastrophic, but the list of cosmetic issues (Scratched glass. Paint drips. Chunks of plastic missing in interior trim. Visible yoke wire and pit on the surface. Mismatched bumper color. Exterior trim issues. Both FWD gaskets were gashed. Leather seats looked old and worn on the side. Car interior was filthy as far as brand new cars go.) was too much to stomach. I'd honestly be embarrassed to show it off to a friend or neighbor had I accepted it.

Oh well, back in the VIN pool. Hopefully these are "end of quarter" surge + new production ramp issues that'll get sorted quickly. Glad to see at least a few folks are getting keepers.
Good decision, I'm fully prepared to do the same. I accepted less than perfect in the past including paint drips and a gash on the passenger front leather and cracked glass assuming it would all be fixed with no hassle. Boy was I wrong.

I've seen a few refreshed S's at delivery that were also filthy inside for a new car, dust, and dirt everywhere in the corners and edges. I imagine they were left with open windows or doors on the Fremont lot waiting for parts (perhaps even windows themselves lol). They really do cut corners end of Q.

Drove by my pickup location yesterday... the one that my car could not be delivered to due to inclement weather. I saw with my own eyes a White and a Black Model X there and heard that there were multiple MSMs being prepped for delivery. First refresh Model X I've seen in person.... now I'm really starting to wonder why my VIN got reassigned...
Probably damage during transit... At some point in the past I know there was a way to search your VIN on a 3rd party shipping tracker, but i can't remember the site any more. Maybe Tesla does all their shipping first party now?

Edit: This is one: https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt

Last edited:
Good decision, I'm fully prepared to do the same. I accepted less than perfect in the past including paint drips and a gash on the passenger front leather and cracked glass assuming it would all be fixed with no hassle. Boy was I wrong.

I've seen a few refreshed S's at delivery that were also filthy inside for a new car, dust, and dirt everywhere in the corners and edges. I imagine they were left with open windows or doors on the Fremont lot waiting for parts (perhaps even windows themselves lol). They really do cut corners end of Q.
Wow, that's helpful to know that your past issues weren't resolved without a hassle. You guys are (collectively) helping me feel better about my decision to walk away. Thanks for that.

I have been searching for those as well. 3D maxpider has not come out with the 2022 version yet. Last I ready, in Q1 2022.
Tesmanian has some on their site but not sure when it will be available.

If you find something, please let me know. May as well find some cheap one to tide me over.

I called Tesmanian and they are looking for 2022 model X so they can measure for mats. If anyone is interested call 909 869-8550

Drove by my pickup location yesterday... the one that my car could not be delivered to due to inclement weather. I saw with my own eyes a White and a Black Model X there and heard that there were multiple MSMs being prepped for delivery. First refresh Model X I've seen in person.... now I'm really starting to wonder why my VIN got reassigned... View attachment 750446
Maybe I’ll call Renton today. My order is an MSM and keeps getting moved back. Very frustrating.

I have the same question. (I did not receive any controller either). At this time, there is no gaming options from the rear screen on my MX.
So far the rear screen has definitely been over-promised while under-delivering. If the hardware isn't there to enable separate bluetooth audio output from what's playing in the main cabin it will be a huge miss.

D5AE6A29-1C4E-47AA-9EAE-E95ECFBE8A54.png
Last post I made about the refresh x flippers I was spot on, turns out the white one was actually more than 133K and now there’s a new blue one for right where I guessed it at 150k on the dot… this is kinda ridiculous how there’s about to be a whole lot of more people that get these that are wanting to just resell them for profit meanwhile the people that want and need them so they can keep it will be waiting an extremely long wait

Listen to some of Sawyers commentary on clubhouse or whatever. He clearly has no inside information and frequently provides “breaking” information that’s been out if you know where to look. He’s very good at being ambiguous about what he “knows” to make it sound like he k owe more. Other than that he’s only a decent re-tweeter and centralized Tesla news but doesn’t really provide anything of original value.
Maybe but for those who don’t have time to do fully original research, he’s great! I don’t have time to scour the web and the world, personally.

Reactions: zapparino and Stro