Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay thank you. That was the big thing in 2012 to 2018 with the model X and its ability to raise 7 inches. The clearance gave it the 179 code to do an immediate 50 percent deduction first yr. I shall review tomorrow. Sans the red wine.
Thanks again.
In any case, if it is a business vehicle, the depreciation is tax deductible over the life of the vehicle reducing your tax liability.

Reactions: LL#2
I got my VIN today!! 2022 MX Plaid (white / white / carbon fiber / 6-seat / 22” wheels / FSD) still showing February delivery, so hopefully having been assigned my VIN means that window is now secure. Ordered toward the end of July 2021.

View attachment 750684
All, It’s very possible this was a car someone else could not take delivery of so they found the closest match. I’m definitely not saying anything with Tesla deliveries makes sense, but this is likely based on the order date and location.

Reactions: Yakkodot
How did you like it compared to your pre-refresh? Driving dynamics is what I care about most.
Interior fit and finish, and noise Intrusion are a lot better in the refresh than my 2019. As far as driving dynamics are concerned, my 2019 is a pre-raven Model X. Got it in early 2019. It’s also the performance (P100D) version and is equipped with 22” wheels. The refresh long range I have been driving certainly rides better than my P100D, (handling and ride are a little softer even on sportiest suspension settings). I attribute that to the fact it has 20” wheels, so it’s a little more compliant / forgiving than the 22”s would be. Still, I’d much rather be in this rental than my 2019. As I mentioned in another thread, I’m dreading picking mine up from the service center after I turn in this rental. Can’t wait to take delivery of my 2022 MX Plaid next month 😍

Don’t worry, I also live 10mi from the factory and don’t have a VIN for a 6st Plaid With 22s. 6/15 order.

Maybe I should just that Taycan that would be totally irrational and not spacious but it drives like a dream 😂
Taycan is a little pricer. My neighbor has a Taycan Turbo S and it was $200K before options. Those yellow calipers sure look good, but that money I will buy my own yellow paint.

My views on the Yoke Worm:

It should be noted and talked about.
Yes, the majority of Yokes have the worm and it very well may never see a true resolution. But to let Tesla off the hook, tell them that this is okay and accept it sets the precedent that minor imperfections are acceptable.

If I saw this on a $20k Honda Civic I would say yeah, totally nbd. But Tesla, a company selling a $100k+ car who has publicly stated that the Refresh X costs them less $ to make (than the 2019 version) - this tells me that they are willing to cut corners to make money. "classic business move" one might think :)

My point - I am certainly going to notate it to my SC and give the issue publicity. I am aware it serves a practical purpose (airbags) but what they should have done is simply modified the product design.

So oddly, My May 2021 LR 5 seat order is still unsurprisingly "February" with "building your car" in the app

But my December 2021 Plaid 6 seat order change to TBD today from "October" :rolleyes: with "schedule delivery appointment" in the app

Wonder if/what this may mean. My experiment continues....
I have a theory on this... I am wondering if EDDs do not actually indicate a delivery date but actually which production cycle they will be produced in.

Prior to the refresh and to the Model Y, Fremont would alternate the production line between the S, 3 and X. You would see periods of time where not a single X was produced. (small number of days)

Note that all X orders placed through July 2021 currently show a "February" estimated delivery date. In the beginning of August 2021 Tesla moved the EDD for new orders to April and subsequently following later months. Purely speculation - but I wonder if following the delivery of all orders up through July 2021 the production takes a pause. If this is true then EDDs are actually an indicator of which production cycle it is planned to be produced in.

Just a thought! Time will tell.

I have a theory on this... I am wondering if EDDs do not actually indicate a delivery date but actually which production cycle they will be produced in.

Prior to the refresh and to the Model Y, Fremont would alternate the production line between the S, 3 and X. You would see periods of time where not a single X was produced. (small number of days)

Note that all X orders placed through July 2021 currently show a "February" estimated delivery date. In the beginning of August 2021 Tesla moved the EDD for new orders to April and subsequently following later months. Purely speculation - but I wonder if following the delivery of all orders up through July 2021 the production takes a pause. If this is true then EDDs are actually an indicator of which production cycle it is planned to be produced in.

Just a thought! Time will tell.
And perhaps that batch of LR (especially non-6 seaters) is now on indefinite pause until Plaids get ramped up. Wondering what the new TBD means.

Still really crazy to think that a Dec 2021 order would come that much more quickly (granted a high profit margin for Tesla if I were to get the Plaid over the LR)

So oddly, My May 2021 LR 5 seat order is still unsurprisingly "February" with "building your car" in the app

But my December 2021 Plaid 6 seat order change to TBD today from "October" :rolleyes: with "schedule delivery appointment" in the app

Wonder if/what this may mean. My experiment continues....
Man, if a December 2021 Plaid gets delivered soon, I am definitely putting a deposit down :) (@Gurl3x4me)

Man, if a December 2021 Plaid gets delivered soon, I am definitely putting a deposit down :) (@Gurl3x4me)

It's becoming like a crowded place with multiple lines to get tickets where you don't know which one is moving faster and you keep switching lines just to see the other one move faster. I think deploying a "second person" to be in "the other line" may be better ;-)

Like many others, I’m a long time lurker, and finally got around to registering. No, I didn’t just receive a VIN. I’d like to be a contributor, but since I never owned a Tesla before the only thing I’ve experienced is the wait. I ordered in April and was told the infamous “deliveries will begin in 2 weeks” followed by the countless EDD changes. I’ve read all the posts so I’m up to date, but I need to post to access the PM function. I also just added my data on the spreadsheet. Now I sit back waiting to have something from Tesla to share.