Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strongly disagree. They sold me a car which at the time they took my preorder money they 100% knew they would never be able to deliver to me. Given they raised my price 2 weeks after they took my preorder money, they probably also knowingly sold me a car at a price they knew they would not be able to deliver on.

They repeatedly lied to me about when my car would arrive. They told me dates which looking back, at the time they told me the delivery date, a reasonably informed person could probably tell there was zero chance they would deliver by.

They chose to create a system where customers are not communicated with and their sales reps are not provided information. They chose to create a website with an ā€œestimated delivery dateā€ which provides false information.

Iā€™m sure they have received many many complaints about this and they chose to not address it.

Sorry that is Malintent.

And it wouldnā€™t take a Herculean effort to fix it. They are doing $100k worth of business with me. Pick up the damn phone and call me for 5 minutes every 2 months. Itā€™s not that hard.
They can't call everyone one every 2 months for 5 minutes....just to say nothing. I operate my business through text and email very few people still talk on a phone. That being said I did receive an independent online survey after I received my car last week So you will have the opportunity to voice your opinions and suggestions.

Great point on the moving goalposts on delivery dates constantly. I donā€™t keep any cash in my bank accounts outside covering for monthly expenses. I invest, literally, every extra penny of surplus I have. When I was originally told to expect delivery in, I believe, February I sold around 50k in stock because I planned on financing the remainder. That instantly causes a tax hit for 2021. Tesla never directly communicated with me that it would be delayed to, I think, April, I found out on twitter and here. So I had a tax hit and $ sitting in an account not working for me for over a month. This cycle, as you know, repeated itself several times with me reinvesting and cashing out and again incurring tax hits and holding non working money, with zero communication.

Now Iā€™m back with cash in my account not working for me because Tesla have decided to sometimes hit people on this forum with ā€œyou can have your car but only if you can take delivery today or tomorrowā€. Sorry but thatā€™s BS and incompetent management and planning on their part, that part has nothing to do with supply chain issues. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve cost me potential profits greater than the cost of my X at this point.
bad financial move to sell Tesla stock for anything more than a down payment. Opinions may vary.

Reactions: UCF3
Over 760 pages of people all wanting to know when their individual car will be coming.

Tesla will deliver almost 1 million cars this year. Up about 50% from last year. If everyone wanted just 5 phone calls for updates that would be almost 5 million phone calls, or 50 million minutes of people being not able to actually work on getting them out the door.

Tesla is working about as fast as humanly possible to produce every car they can to fulfill the demand. Demand for the refreshed S & X is through the roof. In Europe they have even stopped taking deposits because of how uncertain deliveries will be.

Honest and truthful answer is that even Tesla is not 100% sure when every buyer will get their cars. Things in the supply chain are in so much turmoil that nobody knows which parts will be in short supply a month from now.

Tesla policy is to communicate via e-Mail. Not until they have your car produced and through final inspection do they know when deliver can be precisely determined.

Everybody knows that this is frustrating for those with deposits placed. Rest assured, buyers will be contacted when Tesla feels that delivery is immenent. Usually via e-Mail.

Strongly disagree. They sold me a car which at the time they took my preorder money they 100% knew they would never be able to deliver to me. Given they raised my price 2 weeks after they took my preorder money, they probably also knowingly sold me a car at a price they knew they would not be able to deliver on.

They repeatedly lied to me about when my car would arrive. They told me dates which looking back, at the time they told me the delivery date, a reasonably informed person could probably tell there was zero chance they would deliver by.

They chose to create a system where customers are not communicated with and their sales reps are not provided information. They chose to create a website with an ā€œestimated delivery dateā€ which provides false information.

Iā€™m sure they have received many many complaints about this and they chose to not address it.

Sorry that is Malintent.

And it wouldnā€™t take a Herculean effort to fix it. They are doing $100k worth of business with me. Pick up the damn phone and call me for 5 minutes every 2 months. Itā€™s not that hard.
You know what? Maybe youā€™re right. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Idk. I do wish they were more open.

Part of me thinks they have a bare survival mindset, almost PTSD after all Teslaā€™s been through in the past.

I mean theyā€™ve been shaving close to bankruptcy several times. I really think this is why nobody else is REALLY doing electric vehicles in volume: to succeed is *almost* impossible. Even with Teslaā€™s supposed profit margins, the fact is they MUST use that capital to reinvest and improve everything or they will DIE.

I think they are in a bare survival mindset and they might not be entirely inaccurate to be thinking like that.

Edit: if making great electric vehicles were easy-peasy, even WITH all their investments in oil I think traditional automakers would have jumped all over EVs long ago.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: UCF3
They can't call everyone one every 2 months for 5 minutes....just to say nothing. I operate my business through text and email very few people still talk on a phone. That being said I did receive an independent online survey after I received my car last week So you will have the opportunity to voice your opinions and suggestions.
Actually the Tesla Advisor can call the customers on their list if they have accurate and reliable information. But since Tesla does not tell the Tesla Advisors whatā€™s happeningā€¦ no reason to call.

Itā€™s a cultural issue within Tesla IMO.