Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Worse that SF Bay Area traffic or LA?

Only been to Austin and the drive was pleasant.
I used to live in the NYC metro area. Traffic there is awful. LA traffic is famously awful.

AUSTIN traffic is absolutely nothing (and far less traffic than Houston). The lack of stress on the roads is noticeable. Even when there is traffic, I just think back to all the years of endless delays and I'm grateful to only be delayed 10-15 minutes!

BOOM! Since I have a VIN and my car moved from 'February' to 'TBD' today, I decided to take advice from an earlier post, and while heading home from another errand, I stopped by the delivery center I chose for pickup (Colma, CA). There were ~ 15-20 new MX on the lot and from what I could tell, about half were Plaid models. I started nosing around, looking for my VIN, and I found my MX Plaid on the lot! It's still semi-wrapped in the white protective vinyl. I went inside to ask one of the SAs about delivery, and after checking a few things in the system, he said it had just passed inspection and needed to be detailed. Gave me a Friday 7 Jan 5:00p delivery slot 😍

IMG_1050.jpgIMG_1051.JPGIMG_1052.JPGIMG_1053.JPGIMG_1054.JPGIMG_1056.PNG

Ready to pick up my LR X in a few days. The concerning thing to me is that the car is verified to have 128 miles on it. The car was assigned to someone else and now matched to me. Not sure why the original person did not take delivery (SA don't know why the first person did not take delivery).

1. can someone post a check list sheet on what to look for?
2. If there is something wrong w the car, should I take delivery anyways and sell it for a profit? I'll take the profit and buy a Plaid S.
3. I'm thinking if I reject the car I'll be back in the waiting list (probably wait another year).
4. I asked the SA about the $2,000 credit for ordering pre refresh model. but they "have not heard of that".
Any advice?
For no. 4 definitely fight for the $2k credit. That’s total BS.

Reactions: Turismo29
BOOM! Since I have a VIN and my car moved from 'February' to 'TBD' today, I decided to take advice from an earlier post, and while heading home from another errand, I stopped by the delivery center I chose for pickup (Colma, CA). There were ~ 15-20 new MX on the lot and from what I could tell, about half were Plaid models. I started nosing around, looking for my VIN, and I found my MX Plaid on the lot! It's still semi-wrapped in the white protective vinyl. I went inside to ask one of the SAs about delivery, and after checking a few things in the system, he said it had just passed inspection and needed to be detailed. Gave me a Friday 7 Jan 5:00p delivery slot 😍

View attachment 751970View attachment 751972View attachment 751973View attachment 751974View attachment 751975View attachment 751976
Holy crap! Let's get some of those Plaids out to the Frozen Tundra (the giant land mass east of Los Angeles, otherwise known as the United States)!

Ready to pick up my LR X in a few days. The concerning thing to me is that the car is verified to have 128 miles on it. The car was assigned to someone else and now matched to me. Not sure why the original person did not take delivery (SA don't know why the first person did not take delivery).

2. If there is something wrong w the car, should I take delivery anyways and sell it for a profit? I'll take the profit and buy a Plaid S.
3. I'm thinking if I reject the car I'll be back in the waiting list (probably wait another year).
4. I asked the SA about the $2,000 credit for ordering pre refresh model. but they "have not heard of that".
Any advice?
A checklist would be great!

Just a word of caution about using the app to make the final payment for your car. Per the suggestions of everyone on here, I am using DCU to finance $100K of the car and paying the difference in cash. I didn't know I needed to tell Tesla this and my car was just set up for cash payment. I figured I'd be able to click on "pay" in the app and select the amount I wanted to pay and have DCU send the check for the $100K. After linking the app to my bank account, I clicked on "pay" and the app just immediately paid the ENTIRE amount without asking me to enter an amount I wanted to pay or asking me to confirm payment. One-click and $155K was immediately submitted to be withdrawn from my savings account. I quickly called Tesla and they were able to reverse the transfer before it could be processed and they set it up for partial payment from DCU with the rest being paid by me.

So the simple moral to this story is if you are financing the car NOT thru Tesla, make sure your account is set up properly BEFORE clicking on the "pay" button or you will get a big surprise.
Wow, good to know. I was planning something similar. Thanks for sharing!

Any advice?
A checklist would be great!
Checklist has been added as a tab at the bottom of the order tracking sheet :)
1641335013915.png

In addition to the checklist, it would be wise to go over the list of known issues for the X refresh:

View attachment 751989

In addition to the checklist, it would be wise to go over the list of known issues for the X refresh:
Thanks

Reactions: studioloft
View attachment 751989

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
2Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
4Key fobs unresponsive to carResolution - Initial pairing perormed by user per manual
4Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
4Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Paint issues - mismatched color on exterior piecesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Seat issues - various - see Detail columnOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds while driving on uneven surfaces. Outstanding - no resolution identified
4Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution - Performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Dent - FrunkResolution - Performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Noise from second row seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
10Off alignment - FWDResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution - Performed by Service Center
4Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
1Frunk liner looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
13rd row seat wiring exposed to trunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Whining sound while driving or acceloratingOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Chip or crack in glassOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing Key FobsOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Driver door latching issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing pieces of interior trimOutstanding - no resolution identified
1MCU lost connectivityOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Distortion in windshield glassOutstanding - no resolution identified

We have one of, if not THE, widest freeway in the world yet still manage to have traffic barely moving.

View attachment 751986
WOW!!! I cannot imagine that every weekday!

Glad we started working from home 6 or 7 years ago. 2-year-old Model 3 with 4,500 miles. My commute to the office is 40 feet from the bed. My wife's commute is 20 feet.

Checked my account this morning and it showed TBD. Now it shows a VIn, but not on the app. Am I a VINner?
You are! That's the same sequence I went through. Took a while for the app to sync up. You should do like I did and go see if your VIN is sitting on the lot you chose for pick-up! I did that today and am on cloud nine!

Sigh....mainly a lurker, and eager one waiting for 7 seater deliveries to start. Still I believe we're only seeing 6-seaters looking at that very helpful spreadsheet that was created for all of us to track.

On a previous topic though, I'm from LA and my one visit to Houston for an interview a couple years ago really did shock with how much traffic there was. Compared to LA, also less alternate routes. In LA here, I can't imagine living without Waze and its alternate routes. So glad our Teslas have Waz...oh wait, for some reason they don't..very excited about a model X in my future, but with all this traffic talk, lack of Waze is the one thing I'm not looking forward to.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Yakkodot and Stro
Sigh....mainly a lurker, and eager one waiting for 7 seater deliveries to start. Still I believe we're only seeing 6-seaters looking at that very helpful spreadsheet that was created for all of us to track.

On a previous topic though, I'm from LA and my one visit to Houston for an interview a couple years ago really did shock with how much traffic there was. Compared to LA, also less alternate routes. In LA here, I can't imagine living without Waze and its alternate routes. So glad our Teslas have Waz...oh wait, for some reason they don't..very excited about a model X in my future, but with all this traffic talk, lack of Waze is the one thing I'm not looking forward to.
Yeah. I could have sworn I saw a tweet from Elon claiming that they'd be releasing an update for their maps to give you various options for your route and alert you for alternate routes in case of an issue. But never saw it. Maybe in two weeks it'll release.