Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from @TroyTeslike on Twitter. He noted that the statistics posted yesterday were following current production rates. He revised with a new calculation for 2022 factoring in GigaTexas production.

He seems to be a pretty reliable source for estimations. His estimations for 2021 were off by 3.1%. Not bad!

Note that he estimates a current S/X backlog total of 33,727 cars. He estimates Fremont will produce 17,600 in Q1 and 21,900 in Q2

Fingers crossed he is correct! He has a good reputation 🤞

View attachment 752345
And the part he didn’t say: 17,500 of the 17,600 to be produced in Q1 will be Model S? 😩😏😝

Now that the Y is getting ventilated seats and the CPU are we down to purely slightly larger, doors, and 20 miles as the differentiator?
Air suspension is a big deal to me. We rented a new Y for a weeklong trip and my wife made many comments about how bumpy it was. Subjectively, it just feels a lot cheaper driving it around.

I think the size difference is a little understated too. For families that routinely need space for 5 or more people, the 6 seater layout is dramatically more spacious than a Y. There’s no way the Y could handle my family.

I think you may just be talking about the LR version but the Plaid X is obviously much faster. People will pay big $$ for the fastest SUV on the planet.

Correct trade in would be a debit on their books and they would should less profit.
They seemed to have prioritized cash buyers with no trade ins at year end. Also someone mentioned they should prioritize trade ins, but they aren't in that business, profit margin doesn't improve...they pay more the cars they can sell higher.

Not all specific to you House72.

I'm currently set up as a "cash" payment, even though I fully intend to finance it once the car arrives. My SA advised me to do it that way so I didn't have to get my credit run twice (since it was obviously going to take longer than a month for the car to arrive). I'm positive I'm not the only one in the same position. They also don't ask about trade-in until you're ready to take delivery. I can't see how either would affect your delivery date.

Picked it up just before the Raven update :(
Still is a better ride than a 3 and much less jarring than a Y, especially the performance. I liked the ride in my 2018 X.

When my lease was coming up I test drove a Y thinking it was a smaller, cheaper X. Wrong. The harsh ride was one of the first things I noticed.

Out of curiosity I called the local number for my delivery center in Fort Lauderdale. I was eventually routed to someone named Brittany who was very friendly. She explained she's not located in Ft Laud and that my call was routed to one of many employees that work remotely for Tesla. She was able to bring up my account only after I verified my name, didn't need Reservation # or anything else. Her end showed the same EDD of February that I see and she was quick to emphasize it was only an estimate and will likely get pushed out farther. She said the Ft Laud center has been delivering refreshed MX's since October and is working through a large backlog.

FWIW

June 2021 order White/Black/5 seat/20's/No FSD

Still is a better ride than a 3 and much less jarring than a Y, especially the performance. I liked the ride in my 2018 X.

When my lease was coming up I test drove a Y thinking it was a smaller, cheaper X. Wrong. The harsh ride was one of the first things I noticed.
Yeah I noticed this every time I’m in the Y, for some reason more so when I’m driving than when I’m the passenger (?)… I’m kinda like ok the Y is super cool I mean it’s freaking Tesla… but yikes you. Get. JOLTED. By. Every. Bump.

Out of curiosity I called the local number for my delivery center in Fort Lauderdale. I was eventually routed to someone named Brittany who was very friendly. She explained she's not located in Ft Laud and that my call was routed to one of many employees that work remotely for Tesla. She was able to bring up my account only after I verified my name, didn't need Reservation # or anything else. Her end showed the same EDD of February that I see and she was quick to emphasize it was only an estimate and will likely get pushed out farther. She said the Ft Laud center has been delivering refreshed MX's since October and is working through a large backlog.

FWIW

June 2021 order White/Black/5 seat/20's/No FSD
Yacht broker cool username and nice to see you’re local and wwwwait WTF* there are FLL Model X deliveries going on?

(Waves hands high in air, I’m over here)

*of course this means
Why The Failure-to-deliver
🤣

• Funny
Reactions: UCF3 and GatoMX
Yeah I noticed this every time I’m in the Y, for some reason more so when I’m driving than when I’m the passenger (?)… I’m kinda like ok the Y is super cool I mean it’s freaking Tesla… but yikes you. Get. JOLTED. By. Every. Bump.
Yeh. I think the Y is the worst riding Tesla by far. One of reasons I went for X. I also just don’t like how the Y looks. Like a stretched and stilted 3. No thanks.