Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. One thing to spot an imperfection up close, or with a magnifying glass, but the average joe could spot that from 30+ feet away. Almost looks like the FWD has been repainted. That's my fear and that's the type of vehicle I would walk away from. I don't think any amount of surgery could correct that. I used to appraise cars for a living and one would be highly suspicious of prior accident damage the way it looks.
what tires does the 22s come with? I emailed order support they said it comes with Pirelli scorpion but not rated for M+S. I wanted to change back down to 20s but it would impact my timing (back of queue) potentiall.y

In your picture it looks like the tire says "Cross" which leads me to believe it is contis? Perhaps it is M+S on the 22s?

I'm delivering into Socal so maybe location dependent?

Along with the delivery checklist
There are separate threads dedicated to the delivery checklist, but for convenience I added it as a tab to the bottom of the order tracking page.
1641569554990.png

Update
Went to Tesla Delivery Center at Colma, CA. To snoop around and check out first hand Refresh Model X. Everyhing i saw in the holding and ready for pick area is all PLAID Model X White, Black and Silver with different trims. I didn't see any LR at least from what is visible to me. I finally asked a sales rep regarding about my car and check how long it'll take to get it scheduled for delivery. After checking the computer he said your car is in fremont and waiting to be shipped, we'll notify you when its here. Not sure how accurate that is.

My question here is how long does it usually take from getting your VIN and getting it delivered?

Also i was going to trade in my 2019 Model 3 LR and they low balled me. They offered me 31K. I decided not to trade it in and went to carmax and got it appraised for 45K.

I drove my refreshed X for 1144 miles since delivery 3 weeks ago and the average is 297 Wh/mi. Not too bad.
I did a mix of highway and local streets with lot of stop and go.
We have crazy weather with 80 degrees one week and 30 the next.
I think the heatpump they put in the new X improves efficiency while a bit.
How do you find the noise level from the heat pump? On the Y, it's not bad from inside the car, but outside it's a fair bit more than my Model S. I'm wondering if they've done additional sound insulation on the X.

I contacted my SA today as my orderversary (TeXlaversary?) is coming up on the 9th. I have to say he always responds to me quickly. Could be because I don't poke at him very often since I feel like following these forums has kept me well informed. In a nutshell, here's what he told me:
  • "a few" Model X LR have started coming through Atlanta
  • Feb EDD is just an estimate "based on anticipated production capacity and vehicle availability"
  • historically Tesla "does deliveries on a quarterly basis" so he anticipates between now and March 31 for my delivery
So nothing new there.

The most stunning news is that they delivered a Model X in my exact configuration just over a week ago.😲 I have decided not to even pursue the answer to the obvious question about the recipient's OD. Either they ordered before me and all's well, nothing's changed and I'm still waiting like before. Or they ordered after me and I get angry which won't change anything as I'll still be waiting.

Wow. One thing to spot an imperfection up close, or with a magnifying glass, but the average joe could spot that from 30+ feet away. Almost looks like the FWD has been repainted. That's my fear and that's the type of vehicle I would walk away from. I don't think any amount of surgery could correct that. I used to appraise cars for a living and one would be highly suspicious of prior accident damage the way it looks.
The FWD are easily fixed with a download. The cover needs to be ordered. Paint looks fine.

I drove my refreshed X for 1144 miles since delivery 3 weeks ago and the average is 297 Wh/mi. Not too bad.
I did a mix of highway and local streets with lot of stop and go.
We have crazy weather with 80 degrees one week and 30 the next.
I think the heatpump they put in the new X improves efficiency while a bit.
Weather has been wack for us down here for sure. Awesome to see some improvement.

I have posted a few times requesting updates to the tracking sheet, whether it’s VINning or completing delivery. What you see is as good as what data is updated, and hence the term you put garbage in, you get garbage out. That is, you have incomplete data, you see misleading reports.
Right..got it..at least 50 cars have been delivered on the chart. Thanks for your efforts!

@Wooly1 you know what’s gonna happen? They will take all the plaid orders that aren’t 6 seat and move them to “LR” model X’s and put them in a “priority” list and give them cars before us.
Oh no! PLAID 5/7 seat orders are going to get "the call"... They can switch to 6 and move to the "priority list"... half the customers will swear that the caller said they will receive their car by 3/31... the other half will use their imagination as to arrival date.

One hundred pages from now, some will get VINned, others will be talking about a class action lawsuit...

This is definitely sounding like The Twilight Zone...

Last edited: