Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not trying to minimize your experience or make excuses for Tesla. 100% agree this is not a customer-centric way of doing business. But also, this is always the way Tesla’s been and it’s extremely well documented, so one could argue planning anything at all around a Tesla EDD was just asking for trouble.
Even if you switched to a $6,500 6-seater option because he promised delivery in 2021?

Yes sir. Pre refresh…

Got a message from “my guy” saying that Tesla is currently figuring out what to do with current 5/7 Plaid orders, but it is confirmed that going forward Plaid will be only 6 seater
I hope for our members sake that you guys get what you paid for. I'd say a free upgrade, but I know of many that want the space, not seats. I hope you all get what you asked for.

This plaid switch to only 6 seater, coupled with the feedback from Fremont makes me a bit concerned.

While it's easy to think of this as just an upsell opportunity, there is this sinking realization that maybe the reason Plaids switched to 6 seat only are to book and sell revenue, and not have orders on the book you cannot monetize now.

I have loved owning a Tesla, and put up with the terrible customer service since clearly there is nothing close enough to them in the market, and the ownership experience (enjoyment) has been best, bypassing the memories of a E90 335i (also, stonk). However, this MXLR experience has been pathetic.

A part of me tries to rationalize it because everyone has supply chain constraints. We deal with it on a daily basis. Suppliers de-commit, making *sugar* worse. Having followed Rivian for comms, I thought they were a tad worse but at least they try. RJ tries, and they do have tentative timelines now.

The other part is yelling at me to join @Stro and listen to Palpatine. I am certain it's going to smash through in the coming months, when Feb switches to Dec 2022.

The difference is a fully charged battery on a 75D is about the same amount of energy as 2 gallons of gas. Gotta do some mental math if you want to have a predictable EV experience. In truly awfully frigid conditions and creeping along pushing through snow and wind and such, I'd expect 1500wh/mile or more. Which on a 75D battery means you're kinda boned if you are starting at 50% and have to go more than 18 miles...

I will second what Trev says about Tesla customer service. But I ordered a "mature" product and was lucky enough to order before they shut the line down, missed that by only a month, and had the best car delivery experience of my life, which took half an hour, just over two months from order to delivery, one month from order to production. Service has, so far, also been truly outstanding even amongst the people-pleaser luxury brand service departments I've become accustomed to.

Maybe there's a new Law of Car Buying, like never buy a first year Ford - never order a Tesla model that hasn't been out for 3 years, heh
I've driven my S 75D through Wisconsin during a historic cold front (-15F *without* windchill) and the absolute worst efficiency I got was ~520wh/mi. I have no idea how you'd hit 1500wh/mi but I think it's probably impossible on earth, unless you were going up huge incline the entire time with gale force winds going directly into your nose.

I've driven my S 75D through Wisconsin during a historic cold front (-15F *without* windchill) and the absolute worst efficiency I got was ~520wh/mi. I have no idea how you'd hit 1500wh/mi but I think it's probably impossible on earth, unless you were going up huge incline the entire time with gale force winds going directly into your nose.

1500 wh/mile is easy if you are stuck in place in a snowstorm and only move a few miles over the course of hours while running the heat.

Reactions: cwang089
I called the Fremont number now and the guy gave the worst prediction for 5 or 7 seaters that I have heard so far which is way out of my worst case scenario. The guy who answered my call asked me for my reservation number to verify and told me that they are focussing on 6 seaters and 5 or 7 seaters are few months or even up to a year out. I asked him about the year comment again and he repeated himself that they are only focused on 6 seaters now and I can take delivery if I switch to 6 seater by March (which I declined). Bottom line is don’t expect 5 or 7 seaters anytime soon. 😔
What was your order date?

I ordered a 7 seater in June 2021 and would actually prefer the 6 seater now but I think the 6 seat change (without full price increase) is only being offered to Q1 2021 orders and earlier. Has anyone with Q2 2021 order been offered the 6 seat switch without paying new increased price for the MX?
He offered it to me today, but a 6 seater will not work for me. So I am sure if they plan to make only 6 seaters for the remainder of the year they will definitely reach out to you or you can call them and check. Then again it is coming from Tesla and it might change if you get a different agent or call on a different day. Just saying. Just glad that I got a Y during the year end push so that I am not dependent on the X for my daily commute.

Reactions: Tiger