Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leaving the waiting room today folks. Picked up my MX Plaid this evening. Put my toe in it on the drive home and WOW! Beast of a car. Lots to explore. Dropping some 'on the lot' pics here and will post others over in the photos thread when I get some daylight for good shots. Stro, thanks for creating this fun, and informative space for all of us to hang out while waiting for our cars to arrive.

View attachment 753296View attachment 753297View attachment 753298View attachment 753299View attachment 753300
my sister just picked hers up and it had V11.. sucks yours did not come with it..

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Depreciation on something static is an entirely different equation than something viewed as increasing in value.

Of course it’s not dissimilar to a financial investment. I guess my point is that Tesla pays you zero dollars against that investment despite the item is also continually being improved … by Tesla.
But it isn't really. You are paying the price for future value, because there is no way in hell that FSD as it is today is worth 10 or 12k. I don't think it is worth that much even if it worked as expected.

Also, the value of the full FSD purchase does decrease over time since it is attached to the car and the car has a fixed lifetime. No one is going to buy a 10 year old Tesla and expect that the FSD has the same worth that it did when the car was new.

Congrats! Does it have Track Mode?
Indeed, it does 👍🏼

E71F4975-39B6-44B5-9984-0443D921C28E.jpeg

I just found this post affirming your theory. Link
Ok guys, I admit I took a few days off from the forum as I know I’m not getting my, June Plaid order in February no matter what the web site says.Not suspecting nothing, I tune back In for an update and BAM! A sucker punch to the head!! I learned from our group here , not from Tesla, that Tesla has decided that they don’t care to produce the 5 seat Plaid after a year of offering it for order like they actually planned to manufacture what they advertised.. Decided to ditch yet another normal production configuration after , what? ,maybe a year of careful and secret deliberation. In their arrogance,They know I don’t want the extra room the 5 seat offers because??? Apparently it’s inconvenient for them to bolt a 3 across seat in a Plaid like they are doing on the LR ones going down the line next to them when they could bolt in six seats instead??? What the Hell kind of logic is that ?
Anyone here connected enough to know what the plan is for us stupid annoying customers who actually ordered what we were sold? Think they will deign to allow us to keep our plaid orders and place in line if we just agree to the additional cost of six seats that we don’t want?
Wait, didn’t they just do that to our LR friends ? They did what they promised there didn’t they?. Didn’t they?

Reactions: Vitaman and jbrowdy
Ok guys, I admit I took a few days off from the forum as I know I’m not getting my, June Plaid order in February no matter what the web site says.Not suspecting nothing, I tune back In for an update and BAM! A sucker punch to the head!! I learned from our group here , not from Tesla, that Tesla has decided that they don’t care to produce the 5 seat Plaid after a year of offering it for order like they actually planned to manufacture what they advertised.. Decided to ditch yet another normal production configuration after , what? ,maybe a year of careful and secret deliberation. In their arrogance,They know I don’t want the extra room the 5 seat offers because??? Apparently it’s inconvenient for them to bolt a 3 across seat in a Plaid like they are doing on the LR ones going down the line next to them when they could bolt in six seats instead??? What the Hell kind of logic is that ?
Anyone here connected enough to know what the plan is for us stupid annoying customers who actually ordered what we were sold? Think they will deign to allow us to keep our plaid orders and place in line if we just agree to the additional cost of six seats that we don’t want?
Wait, didn’t they just do that to our LR friends ? They did what they promised there didn’t they?. Didn’t they?
Are the back 2 seats removable in a 6-seat config? I can live with 4 seats, but need the cargo space..

I heard from Tesla today! Really. Scout's honor. They sent an email informing me they're changing my delivery to a new facility in my county that just opened versus the previous one located the next county over. Difference in miles to pick up my new X? About the same. Anything about a VIN or delivery date? Don't be silly.

But at least they know I'm out here... waiting... and waiting... and waiting. I will never attend a performance of Waiting for Godot again -- likely to suffer a serious case of stage play rage. I suspect ripping out my seat and tossing it at the actors would result in negative feedback from the ushers.

MX LR, Blue, 5-seater, 2/6/21 order date

The one thing that I am mad about is that In early January ‘21 right after the X and S lines were shut down for “retooling” I sold my 7 seater X 100D with about 60K miles for $65k. In anticipation of a refresh model around the corner, and a worry that once a refresh comes out, the value of current X’s will suffer.

Boy…was I wrong about this!
I did the exact same thing.