Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing how it's looking like Plaids will be prioritized, for someone who would not use track mode, is there any other benefit for getting Plaid over LR (besides getting delivery a lot sooner).
It’s simply driving around in the fastest SUV in the world…. It really doesn’t matter if you track it or not. It’s not about beating that Ferrari next to you. It’s that they know you can if you wanted to 😉

Those kinds of supercars are a daily occurrence where I live though.

I agree, bench shortage makes absolutely no sense. I think 6 seat-only production will continue until demand for that variant starts to dry up because it’s cheaper to produce minimal variants, especially early in production. They have been trying to maximize 6 seat demand since production started but it will eventually diminish due to higher price/less utility. Hopefully not too long (I’m waiting for 7 seater) but how long is anybody’s guess. Plaid production will obviously extend timeline but I’m hopeful that demand for that is also limited given its cost.
Nothing makes sense out of this company. The 6 seat configuration also is not the absolute profit maximizer. A 7 seater + 22” costs more than a 6 seater with 20”. Then there’s color, FSD, etc. to push a 5/7 seaters costing more than a 6 seater.

Nothing makes sense out of this company. The 6 seat configuration also is not the absolute profit maximizer. A 7 seater + 22” costs more than a 6 seater with 20”. Then there’s color, FSD, etc. to push a 5/7 seaters costing more than a 6 seater.
Yes but the wheels, regardless of selection, simply get bolted on after the car is built and fsd obviously has no affect on production. The interior has to be assembled on the line so minimal variants is always faster/cheaper. Because there are three interior colors, new variants quickly multiply.

Having that armrest would render the middle seat unusable as the backrest would be a rock hard piece without any cushions

We have the center arm rest in the M3 and our off-brand car and find them highly functional and practical and not the least bit uncomfortable. It would be nice to see the MX 5 seater with this feature.

Attachments

• PXL_20220109_192042624.jpg
    PXL_20220109_192042624.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20220109_192012967.jpg
    PXL_20220109_192012967.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 60
Having that armrest would render the middle seat unusable as the backrest would be a rock hard piece without any cushions
Well, a saying I came up with as a young kid, and I have seen it proven true repeatedly in my life, is, “there are multiple solutions to any given problem.”

I can immediately think of several ways this could be solved.

The question for me is, what are the limiting factors at work here preventing Tesla from even delivering on what they’ve already promised?

I am biting my tongue... but I would almost be okay with if the delay on 5/7 seaters was the R&D for the armrest/wireless charger 😬
Agreed, but looking at the 2 captains - they've not changed the design at all. I'm hoping for you, but expecting no changes. If they do, then those getting the 6 seaters are losing out comparatively.

Reactions: studioloft
I have 2 Rivian R1S on order, a model 3 LR, and Model X Plaid 5 seater...

my Model 3 LR was up since last year...i'm holding out for Plaid or Rivian. The new BMW iX looks very attractive too. Tesla wanted to cancel my 3 reservation as I got it pre-price bump...i'm like look...i'm waiting for my X and it is there as backup. The X date got pushed from November now to Feb now to don't think its going to be built with 5 seats. He was like okay, i'll put it on hold for you a 3rd time
They cancelled my Y perfromance order for the same reason (8/15 OD) but didn’t tell me. When I told them I didn’t want it cancelled and to restore the order, they said the manager would have to call me. Of course no one ever called. I haven’t done anything about it for a week because I’m just so tired of dealing with Tesla that I can’t bare to pick up the phone.

• Funny
Reactions: zapparino
The world revolves around you, yes. And there are no complications or difficulty in providing you what you want and so rightly deserve. It's so easy.

Lighten up a little. They guys making your car are going thru hell, that they won't discuss on this board or anywhere else, to deliver your car to you. And that doesn't boil down to any guarantee, optimistic sales guy or no. You should feel guilty for believing any guarantee of delivery in these days and times from any car make. If you give a drop dead date these days, you are surely asking for disappointment.
God are you silly. Really the world revolves around me, that’s pathetic.

Your feedback about how horrible things are for people working a tesla was true during the model three ramp up hell but has no place in 2021 or 2022. Tesla is no longer the scrappy little start up we all once loved. It is now a full grown company that year over year has beat the production expectations. It’s market evaluation is in the stratosphere dominating the market. It’s making 30% profit on his vehicles. It’s a company that has to live up to the commitments it makes, that it’s employees make, and no one should expect less at this point.

You feel that I’m too harsh on Tesla, that if I don’t like the customer experience the problem is mine. I need to have a little peace, love and understanding when it comes to the Tesla management team. Sadly I don’t. I’m a customer. I’m not a stockholder, I’m not a fan who blindly excepts whatever happens happens. I placed an order, I put down a deposit and I was given certain expectations. Tesla has failed to meet the expectations that they set. Let me repeat that Tesla set the rules not me. Me and many other people are now very frustrated about the lack of communication, The lack of honest and reliable information, and the unknowns that make planning our lives which we hope to include a Tesla model X refresh more complicated.

I used to be very optimistic about Tesla. Don’t believe me take a look.

Why Choose Tesla Solar