Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree on this. Very much a beta. My main use is for my stock investment. Figure I’ll double down on TSLA if it starts to rapidly improve.
Chances of you doubling on a straight stock investment from this moment on is low. Yield, interest rates and no news isn’t going to help much. If you are lucky TSLA will close $1400 end year.

We are in for a rocky year. Any information on the forums will yield almost no effect or heads up on the stocks immediate performance.

Finally got a call through to the Fremont factory direct number on Friday… and got some bad news.

I ordered my 6 seater Model X LR on 2/27/21. Blue exterior, white interior, and FSD. Current EDD in the portal is February. Delivery is supposed to be DC area.

The rep at Fremont looked up my RN number and said I won’t get my car before July. “February is just a placeholder.” I asked if they’d even started production on my car, and he checked and said no.

I can’t wait for my Model X, but it’s disappointing to be misled with a fake delivery date, when they have a real internal estimate that’s 6 months later…
Un f’ing believable….I thought Tesla was prioritizing 6 seater config. Based on this, it doesn’t seem like my 7 seater will arrive until 2023

In light of the upcoming FSD price increase, I want to share my FSD experience for those who are considering adding it. Personally, I'm glad I got it. The yoke was made for FSD and it's helpful when you have a bunch of kids in the car, competing with the road to get your attention. I use it every day during school drop-off and pick-up.

FSD is able to recognize traffic lights, stop signs and lanes well. It does better with more cars surrounding it than when you're driving alone on a small street. This is expected since it uses radar. In regards to the lane change feature. I find it quite effective. As a safety precaution, FSD requires the driver to confirm before it makes a lane change. This feature can be turned off, which I did. Then, the car is able to maneuver when it feels safe to do so based on its algorithm. Contrary to other experiences I've read, the car can execute quite quickly.

Here's a link to a video I took while using FSD on city streets this morning
The smart summon feature is interesting. I have not had enough time to play with it as much as I would like. The last time I tried, it went to my neighbor's driveway instead of finding me in mine. I guess it's close enough, but that maybe user error as much as car error. For those not familiar, summon is when the car move forward and backward in a straight line. Smart summon is in Beta. It's supposed to be able to find you within reasonable distance and navigate itself to avoiding obstacles when coming to you (or a target you set). Imagine never having to be in the rain again because the car can meet you at the curbside. Well, that's the goal anyway. The jury is still out on this one.

Self parking is a hit or miss feature. When it's able to locate a parking spot, the car parks itself sufficiently. However, it doesn't detect parking spots as often as I would like it to. I believe this is a feature best used with other cars surrounding it due to its use of radar technology. I find that I can park much quicker by doing it myself than by using this feature.

In short, you should spend that extra $10K now before the price go up. If you have buyer's remorse you can take it off later but you can't get it for the same price if you wait.
You may be aware but in smart summon you have to move the target on the phone screen to where you want your car to go.

You have to look at the map on the screen, the arrow indicating where you are (after it has located you), figure out where on the map you want your car to drive, and drag the target to where you want the car to go. You yourself have to be within the circle showing the limits of where you can drive the car remotely.

I ordered a 5 seat Long Range MX on 11/30/2020. My current delivery date is February, but I'm in the Southeast US, so I'm guessing late spring. The thing is, in the 405 days since I ordered, I have moved to a new state, gotten divorced, and am no longer sure that a MX is the right Tesla for me. I got changed to the refresh with the $2000 discount. What I'm wondering is if it makes sense to take delivery of the MX whenever it comes and resell it. I live in Florida and I'm not sure what the tax situation is on selling cars. I assume that I will still take delivery in Atlanta and would want to sell it there so as to not put miles on it driving it to Florida. Does anyone have any insight? Unless I was able to make a decent amount of money, I don't think it would be worth the trouble.
My recommendation: keep your reservation as long as possible. If you take delivery while supply is still tight, you would have an excellent chance of making money on it.

First Commandment of the Model X waiting room:

THOU SHALT NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING AN SA TELLS YOU BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW “SUGAR”
Now go say 10 Hail Elons and dont let this happen again. You are forgiven
I can't reiterate the above enough. People should stop calling that Fremont number. They don't know anything and they speak with the confidence as if they do. I called that number and they told me my car would be ready in May. I've been driving my 2022 X for 3 weeks now.

I placed an order for a Long Range Model X on Dec 21, 2021. The estimated delivery date was Jan 2023, but now my order page says January and I am also able to submit trade in vehicle information.
That EDD is still Jan 23 and it's totally normal to be able to submit trade in vehicle information immediately even when the EDD is a long way out (they will ask for mileage updates every 30 days and then give you an updated value). Congrats on placing the order and beginning the journey.

Last edited:
Chances of you doubling on a straight stock investment from this moment on is low. Yield, interest rates and no news isn’t going to help much. If you are lucky TSLA will close $1400 end year.

We are in for a rocky year. Any information on the forums will yield almost no effect or heads up on the stocks immediate performance.
I’m 37 so I have time to ride out the next few years on inflation. Robotaxi fleet is the only thing that moves the stock in a huge way as a lot of the future growth of the automobile business is already priced in. Definitely agree 2022 for tech stocks will be brutal.

it's totally normal to be able to submit trade in vehicle information immediately even when the EDD is a long way out
That wasn't the case when I placed the order. It said that they could not provide an estimate due to the delivery date being so far out.
My order page says that my delivery date is in January, it does not specify the year. Do you think that it is an error?

• Funny
Reactions: UCF3 and zapparino
Talk to the SC today. The wife wanted to drive around in a MX. Just for shiggles. They said they haven't had one to test drive for months. She then asked if she was still on track for a delivery next month. They told her yes based on what her file says. Probably the same stuff we can see? I'll keep posting as our journey continues.

Anyone else have a cybertruck reservation?
Yes. Husband ordered his Cybertruck ages ago. Ordered me an MX last May.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
For anyone thinking they’ll use the Tesla bike rack for e-bikes think again. We ordered electric mountain bikes last spring just after ordering our MX with the expectation the car would come first. Proceeded to order the bike rack while it was in stock. Bikes are in, car isn’t. Installed the rack on our truck, purchased a tube top and went to pick up the first bike. Discovered the Tesla rack will not accommodate the new bikes. Our fault, should have done more research. Ended up purchasing a tray style rack certified for e-bikes. Not sure how its going to fit on the MX, it will interfere with cameras and such. A guy came by with an MY to pick up his e-bike and he had to have a different rack as well. Said he just deals with the camera issues. Anyone else out there use an aftermarket rack with a Tesla?