Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling that despite having a VIN, us Bay Area / CA orders are going to have to wait until the end of March, when they typically focus on “local” orders.
yea that would SUCK but it is what is. Crazy my experience with the Model 3 was night and day with the process buying my car

2019 August
Went to a show room
ordered on the floor room
got my car that same weekend

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
So I've had the car for a few weeks now and I must say this - there is no way in hell this car gets 300 miles of battery range. Granted I have the 22s but my car now has 390 miles on it and I've charged it 3 times. The first time was when I bought it. It was at around 70% and I charged it to 90% - didn't know thats not recommend. The 2 other times I charged it once it reached approx 20% up to 90%. At 390 miles its currently at 51%.

Not sure where to look for my MPGe but it seems like its significantly less. The drive mode for acceleration is Plaid and I'm not sure how much that affects battery life.

Also interesting that the spoiler is not active. Its fixed. I always thought Model X used an active spoiler from pictures that I've seen.

Alternator on my ICE died today 😞. Disposed wife’s car in 2021 having convinced her that Elon always delivers(August 2021 1st promise). After a day of short term rental company runs amidst stock shortages and as I await BMW to overcharge repairs while citing spares’ delay for a car due for scrapping later this year; finding it very hard not to vent!
May the force…..

So I've had the car for a few weeks now and I must say this - there is no way in hell this car gets 300 miles of battery range. Granted I have the 22s but my car now has 390 miles on it and I've charged it 3 times. The first time was when I bought it. It was at around 70% and I charged it to 90% - didn't know thats not recommend. The 2 other times I charged it once it reached approx 20% up to 90%. At 390 miles its currently at 51%.

Not sure where to look for my MPGe but it seems like its significantly less. The drive mode for acceleration is Plaid and I'm not sure how much that affects battery life.

Also interesting that the spoiler is not active. Its fixed. I always thought Model X used an active spoiler from pictures that I've seen.

They got rid of the active spoiler around 2017 or something. Anyway, charging to 90% is perfectly fine.
And could you share some more details on the consumption? maybe bring up the energy use on the instrument cluster or on the trip display look for the wh/mile, there is no "MPGe" in the car, only watt hours per mile, and thats an average over 30 miles.

In the app you can see what your "rated range" is by draggin the charge slider to 100% and see how many miles that equates to. Unless you charge to 100% and drive it to 0%, your "true range" wont really be known. On our 2018 75D with a "rated" range of 237 miles, we probably get around 150-180 miles usually before needing to charge (less than 5% remaining)

The rated range displayed is not representative of actual range you get because of different factors. It’s based on average Wh/mi (energy consumption). If you drive a on local with a lot of stop and go traffic, going uphill, heavy acceleration etc. your Wh/mi will be much higher than if you were to drive on freeway from 1 supercharger to the next, where you will get close to the rated range as long as you stay below certain speed.

Active spoiler only appeared on original P90D/early 90D. No more since then and it’s hard to see one nowadays.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I definitely would have not accepted it with those potentially major issues. (128 miles no excuse for it!) & With that back door gap/misalighment looks really serious....If i recall did we not see this particular MX build refused by a prior customer,who posted it a while back? I recall blue with high mileage but i don't remember rear door issue..

With 128 miles are you sure it isn't because the original assignee found a major issue with it and returned it for a refund?

The two captain's chairs do not fold down flat.

Oh geez. I hadn't even realized that. So it's WAY less cargo space. In the 5 seater, you can fold the rear seats down(which are the middle seats in the 7 seater) to get lay flat cargo space all the way up to the front seats......which I do ALL the time when hauling stuff back from Lowes or Home Depot.

Do the captains chairs by any chance come out?

Really REALLY hoping that by the time October rolls around that they are making 5 seaters after all.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
Oh geez. I hadn't even realized that. So it's WAY less cargo space. In the 5 seater, you can fold the rear seats down(which are the middle seats in the 7 seater) to get lay flat cargo space all the way up to the front seats......which I do ALL the time when hauling stuff back from Lowes or Home Depot.

Do the captains chairs by any chance come out?

Really REALLY hoping that by the time October rolls around that they are making 5 seaters after all.
The captain chairs are not removable, at least not user-removable. They don’t fold flat, so if you need the cargo space to haul large items wider than the asile between the 2 captains, you can’t. If you just need to haul up to 10 ft long wood etc. then it’s still doable. When you put 5 people in the 6 seaters, you lose about half your trunk space. When you have 3 kids and get a 6 seater, good luck convincing one of them to sit in the back.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
GUYS I’M A VINNER DON’T BE MAD

My terrible experiment worked and now I have a VIN for a very wonderful but more expensive car than originally planned

Attachments

• 01E8718B-75B1-47D3-BB0E-32BFB0476BB1.jpeg
    01E8718B-75B1-47D3-BB0E-32BFB0476BB1.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 274
Does anyone know if the 2 captains chairs and 3 seat split bench can be swapped? If they stick me with a 6 seater, I'm hoping that there will be someone with an LR that wants the 6 seater instead of 7 and just didn't order the 6 seater because it's more expensive than the 7 seater....and will be willing to swap.