Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think they ordered a plaid 6 seater as the new reservation. Since tesla seems to be currently making plaids it worked out well but involves paying a lot more for a vehicle with less range.
True, but I just checked... current plaid price w/ same options is only ~$20K more than my (1/27/21) LR order. It also says October 22 delivery... maybe I should ping my SA and see if a plaid upgrade would get it sooner. I didn't really want/need the plaid, but my wife is due with #2 in May and I absolutely do need a bigger car by then 🤣

True, but I just checked... current plaid price w/ same options is only ~$20K more than my (1/27/21) LR order. It also says October 22 delivery... maybe I should ping my SA and see if a plaid upgrade would get it sooner. I didn't really want/need the plaid, but my wife is due with #2 in May and I absolutely do need a bigger car by then 🤣
Yes and this allowed me to get the color I wanted ( red vs black) that my husband had initially talked me out of, as well as the 6 seats that the forum made logical for my situation. True expensive (which is my only major gripe) but the range difference is not super significant in my situation as I’m sitting in a huge network of Supercharges in the Bay Area.

Yea, seems to be fixed, but with so many anonymous entries, I am not sure if it can truly be fixed. Anyway, yea, seems like all 6-seaters so far.

View attachment 754814

(Shameless plug - this is from the dashboard I am maintaining based on the order tracker)
Are the low Red deliveries due to lower overall orders or further delays compared to the other colors. Goes against this forum's mantra that Tesla is delaying less profitable Xs.

Interestingly with my LR order I had a SA reach out to me within days. The Plaid order was crickets from SA (and still is technically). Just got the generic you have a VIN text.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft and Stro
Hyundai is making a lot of headlines but their distribution and dealer support for EV's outside of CARB states for their EV's is horrendous.

It's improving though. I think they might have a better handle on their dealer network being younger in the states and not having had to live through all the deeply ingrained goodolboyism that grew up from the 50's

Our next purchase will probably be in 2024-6. There's going to be a lot of cool stuff to choose from in the family vehicle EV space by then.

Hyundai is making a lot of headlines but their distribution and dealer support for EV's outside of CARB states for their EV's is horrendous.

It's improving though. I think they might have a better handle on their dealer network being younger in the states and not having had to live through all the deeply ingrained goodolboyism that grew up from the 50's

Our next purchase will probably be in 2024-6. There's going to be a lot of cool stuff to choose from in the family vehicle EV space by then.
CARB state here (WA) - We don't get the RAV4 Prime, the ioniq5 isn't here, etc.

it will be many many years until FSD has an active user base anywhere close to wayz...
Maybe so, but every single Tesla on the road can monitor road conditions. In fact I think Tesla AI could eventually track animal species and bird migration.

With a continual camera sweep of the whole road system everywhere, Tesla AI could even be used to more accurately your local predict weather (cloud movement, rain locations).

It could track road and non-road construction projects. It could let you know if the mail and garbage have likely come. Let alone traffic and speed traps.