Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ve missed you! Welcome back!
Glad to be back. I think that I'm a little depressed about the call which promised my "upgrade in order to get November/December delivery." So watching so many people get VINs just reminds me that I'm a few weeks away from my 1 year orderversary - I don't want to have hope because I don't want to be let down again.

I'm checking in once or twice a week now. I love this community, but I'm a little tired.

Hell yea, brother! That’s what I love to hear. Honestly, a degree is nothing more than a piece of paper. It opens doors for you, but not necessary if you know how to kick them wide open.
Let's not add politics yet to this equation., but I'm not sure why lately there is a popular opinion to devalue education. I see why we might do this when empowering someone personally that didn't have the same opportunities as many for an education. That has true and genuine value. But if two guys walk in the door for an interview, and all other things being equal, you may probably pick the guy with the degree, since if anything, they've shown a proven ability to stay on task even when the going is a bit tough. And chances are they communicate easier since they'd been intensely practicing that 4 years longer.

I was a devoted follower of Waze for years. About a month ago I tried Apple Maps again after not using it for a few years. What an improvement. Waze was the best at one time, but others have caught up and passed Waze. I'm looking forward to what Tesla navigation provides. I hope I can switch over to that. Unless I am "having fun", then Waze is still the best at knowing where speed traps are.
I agree apple has improved but they don’t show the cops

This is relatively good news. It appears the later the builds are the less miles they are being delivered with.

It is still unclear to me why the M3/MY roll straight off the production line straight to the delivery lot, where the MXs head to the test track and endlessly loop around the track until they are eventually delivered with 60 to 100 miles on them.

My thought on this, if they are being delivered with less miles they could be narrowing down on the extra testing required, otherwise allowing a higher throughput of MX to be produced.
Mine was delivered and then has an error that has kept me from picking it up for almost a week. You would think all that driving they would have discovered it before they shipped it accross the country.

Hey 5 Seater Brethren, So I called the 510-964-6050 and spoke to a very nice woman from the delivery team.
I explained I need to have surgery on my shoulder and did not want to risk missing my delivery window. She looked up my RN and thanked me for my patience. She said I should be good to get the surgery at the end of the month with the expected 4-6 week recover time. While she does not know when the 5 seat configuration will begin production, as the production team keeps those details very close to the vest, she had heard the issue with the 5 seater was parts related to complete the build.

I shared the frustrations of us here on this thread, even the 6 seaters where 2020 orders are unfulfilled while orders only a few months old are being delivered. I said I which management would communicate better. she simply said... "Your preaching to the choir"

I thanked her for her time and ended the call.

So my take, we won't see our 5 seaters till Q2 or they will convert us all to 6 seaters. Who knows...