Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Brussels called me yesterday advising to think of a MY now and trade in for the MX when it finally comes. citing the wait for our MX might go longer than the 6 months promised and that MY used prices are close to new prices now with the demand/supply… convincing with MY ETA promised as Feb/Mar but not sure if that is true. Also a fact to consider is that if Giga Berlin MYs do start selling and have a lower tax/price than current import MYs; will that not hit used MY prices here in Europe? I give up- lot to process on the weekend!

Reactions: Zygote1975
One of the main reasons I selected the 5-seater was to be able to sleep in it overnight if needed. I work at a remote but amazingly beautiful site occasionally and it would sure beat a random hotel/motel. I have the Plaid so the 5-seater is no longer an option. Is overnight sleeping in the 6 seater even an option?? I’m seriously considering downgrading the to LR but I know that would add a looong time to my EDD. Thanks!
Fair enough haha. Fortunately there are restrooms at the site. But your comment leads me to ask any 5-seaters out there- How ‘nice’ is it to sleep in a 5 seater? Keep in mind I only am planning on a one night sleep at a time.

I know a lot of full paid 6-seaters are annoyed at the free upgrade for others, and rightfully so, but there are without a doubt people like me who are really unhappy with being forced into a seat config change. For me, the 5 seat was perfect for multiple reasons.
Adding my two cents.. I bought a DreamCase for my 5-seater MX and absolutely loved it! I had a cheap foam mattress from Amazon but it didn't fit right and was a little too thin. If you want to feel like you're camping in luxury in a premium car this is your way to go. I spent a little over $700 for it.. but we all bought a $100,000 car so why cheap out on the mattress ;) It pays for itself after 3 nights otherwise in a hotel.

I used to take the MX out to a campsite on the weekends and drive 3-4hrs away from home. It was a great excuse to explore the east coast and do it for free! 10/10 recommend for the MX refresh.

It folds into a zipable container that fits the width perfectly, has a bed mode and a couch mode.
1642255882983.png

1642255900803.png

1642255915571.png

Last edited:
Is there any documentation on the seat height difference between S and X? I mean, getting in and out of the car as well as sitting up. Not so much for visibility, but more for comfort of entering, exiting and sitting in the car with back issues.
@usctrojan98, The model X is significantly easier to get in and out of. I have owned both. In fact, I had a model S Plaid for about two weeks. I sold it specifically because of the difficulty getting in and out of it. It just felt like eventually it was going to bother my back, and I don’t have a very significant history of “back problems“.

The model X is a dream to get in and out of. If you use the auto present feature, you literally walk up to the car, the door opens and you stop easily into it. You then hit the brake and the door closes. It’s crazy.

Last edited:
Sleeping in the back of the six seat config isn’t really possible. The “idea” of camping in a car — especially a Tesla that’ll pamper you wrt air comfort, entertainment, etc. — seems practical / fun, but I can’t imagine it’d be a comfortable endeavor. I have seen the mattresses, and other kit, but give me a hotel room any day; if anything, to ensure access to a clean bathroom and shower. But, to each his own 👍🏼
I agree, but if you really want to camp out in your car, go look at a Rivian. They sell some attachments for the car to literally let you camp inside of it and there is a kitchen you can buy that is incorporated into the car.

@usctrojan98, The model X is significantly easier to get in and out of. I have owned both. In fact, I had a model S Plaid for about two weeks. I sold it specifically because of the difficulty getting in and out of it. it just felt like eventually it was going to bother my back, and I don’t have a very significant history of “back problems“.

The model X is a dream to get in and out of. If you use the auto present feature, you literally walk up to the car, the door opens and you stop easily into it. You then hit the break and the door closes. It’s crazy.
Thanks! That helps a lot.

Reactions: jbrowdy
here we go... another 192 pages of "same, changed to march"

BTW...on the app, just below the "view" button there's a video of 'prepare for your first drive'...I wonder if Tesla know that I am prepared, very very prepared...I promise!
Yes😂
And then theres always that one guy who didnt read the previous pages and in 2 days will say something along the lines of "breaking news: it's March now! Does anyone else see this!?"

I kinda wish they would be aggressive and say something like "Hey Folks, we know you're frustrated but it's not like we just sit here with our thumbs up our B$%^s. We are waiting for (insert part name, I think it's airbags) and we just cannot get enough of those. Because we are getting so few of (again, insert part name here), we are prioritizing our deliveries. Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is this pesky pandemic going on and we don't create, ship, unload, or transport the (insert part name)."

If I got this, I would completely understand. But...

Lemme guess - the issue with the octovalve with the Model Y may be happening with the Model X so they're trying to resolve that now.

I mean, of course it's nothing but speculation, but I'm giving Tesla yet another excuse to use when they get called as to why deliveries aren't happening. I seriously hope Musk has something to say in 9 days.

Whoever speculated 1500 pages until delivery might be the winner today.

Reactions: Inflighttodd