Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also now a March 2022 EDD moved from Feb. June 2021 order White/Black/LR/20s/5seat. I have such little faith and hope that I'm moving forward with a new Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve 5 seat Hemi V8 that I can take delivery of in a few weeks. If and when the MX ever arrives, I'll give the Jeep to the wife and drive the MX.

Just called the Tesla delivery line again for my weekly dose of emotional damage.

To paraphrase, she told me: "Everything is great! There are no more parts shortages. All backordered MX will be delivered by the end of March 2022. The MX is so fast you're going to love it!"
I suppose it's 5 o'clock somewhere but okay 🍺 I admire her spirit.
Apparently drug tests aren’t mandatory at Tesla…

Wasn't me.. but most like to live in a delusional fantastical state. How dare you speak of reality! 😅
I also jokingly said page 1500 for 5/7 seat deliveries which might have been too conservative at the rate we are going :/.

Based on the model X subreddit someone was having issues with a single part they needed for their refreshed X and it was an airbag part which does make me wonder if they’re building all those X in the field without airbags and that is what is holding us all up.

They had that recall and had to replace a bunch so I bet the new brand or fixed model of airbag they need is in short supply.

Just called the Tesla delivery line again for my weekly dose of emotional damage.

To paraphrase, she told me: "Everything is great! There are no more parts shortages. All backordered MX will be delivered by the end of March 2022. The MX is so fast you're going to love it!"
I suppose it's 5 o'clock somewhere but okay 🍺 I admire her spirit.
When I called them this week, the lovely Ben told me to expect March, so I’m not surprised, but he did share at least the same sentiment that cars are moving out quickly.
But seems like we’ve had no new VINners in awhile? I’ve unfortunately been slammed with work and haven’t stayed as current here, did I miss any major new waves?

Reactions: studioloft
March here as well. There was talks about headlights possibly changing what’s the word on that?

I’m wondering if I changed my order to plaid, would I get it sooner? Haha
I was thinking the same thing. Also thinking about buying a used or a new SLR and trading it in when the X arrives. Worried about the resale value dropping but that does not seem to be a problem now.

Also rolled over to March 2022. But my service advisor said I had a delivery estimate of February 2022 and should expect a phone call in the next couple of weeks to prepare for delivery…🤣
Same with me here in Canada, kind of.....

The advisor reached out to me last week with an email word salad full of optimism and false statements.

One humorous sentence he wrote was, "as we prepare for this exciting time, we are here to answer any of your questions"

My question in response.... "What exciting time are you referring to? There has not been a single 5 seat configuration delivered in the United States, and not a single Model X delivery in Canada yet"

No reply.

I'm so unbelievably pissed off with the lack of information, Tesla is VERY lucky they have no competition.

Um what now…
When charging with the Tesla Wall Connector or at the Sueprchargers, the car displays the voltage, amps, and mph as in miles “added to the battery” per hour. Motor efficiency is not used in this context.

The Refresh X has the higher energy density Panasonic 18650 batteries (compared to older S and X) and the upgraded battery management system allows more power into (and out of) the battery pack (again compared to older S/X).
So the increased 34 “mph” compared to 30 “mph” when using the Tesla Wall Connector is a nice find!
Not caught up, so someone else may have already said this. Efficiency does matter in this context. The "mph range per hour" charge rate that is displayed is a function of the charge power. Basically (voltage*amps)/(rated Wh/mile). The key being that the rated Wh/mile is based on the efficiency of the vehicle. The on-board AC charger is limited to the same peak power on all Teslas since ~2019, and it is FAR below the peak power accepted by any of the batteries. So improvements in batteries is not going to improve the AC charge rates in terms of watts. If you are trying to compare charge speeds of the batteries in different vehicles you can't go by mph/hour, you need to go by kWh/hour ie. watts. The refresh X isn't different than the previous X in that regard. Much older Xs are built with two on-board AC chargers, so they do have double the AC charge rate than the newer Xs (including refresh).

Supercharging (ie. DC charging) is different in that it bypasses the on-board AC charger and supplies power directly to the battery. This allows it to hit the max charge rate of the battery itself, and can vary depending on the battery in the vehicle.