Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s Jan 17. What happen to this? It’s still showing 10k on website. Maybe it’s 2023, right?View attachment 756833
I’m assuming new price will go live tonight. They’re probably racking up new orders with fsd and existing owners upgrading over the holiday weekend. Pure profit there.

This doesn’t seem to be a popular opinion here, but for those who can afford fsd (presumably everyone in this thread) and on the fence, I recommend it (except maybe those leasing). It is expensive but a great way to maintain or even increase resale value (subscription won’t ever do that). I’ve had beta since 10.5 on my M3 and the progress is impressive despite some glaring deficiencies remaining. Just my 2 cents.

Well, today is my 1 year anniversary order date! :(:mad:

The upside is that we picked up our new LR Y yesterday. I am very impressed with fit and finish. Compared to my 2017 X, I can see significant movement in engineering and manufacturing (I took out the frunk tub and looked in there today - wow, far superior in assembly than the 2017 X.)

At the Irvine center, saw an Plaid X ready for delivery - 6 seater - dashboard layout looks great!.

If we were looking at LRs, this logic wouldn't hold. Many, including myself, have been skipped with our exact configurations for others that ordered many months after after us in the same location. It's... The Tesla Way.
I suspect VINs are originally assigned by some algorithm at Tesla HQ and that is soooomewhat following order date, or at least includes order date as a variable. My guess is when the original VINner refuses the car or can't buy it, then the local Tesla store\SA can sell it to whoever they want. Probably whoever they can sell it to the quickest\easiest.

It is expensive but a great way to maintain or even increase resale value (subscription won’t ever do that).
Great way to increase value on something that is attached to an asset with limited lifespan and therefore will depreciate over time? It would probably be better to invest the 10k on TSLA stock instead. If you want\need FSD that is totally cool, buy it for FSD, but not for an investment.

I paid 3k for FSD in 2018, and even though buying it new now is 10k (soon 12k), I doubt it adds even my original price to the value of the car.

Reactions: jbrowdy
I'm sure there's a very reasonable explanation for this. Here's 1 possibility:

Old order in same area couldn't take delivery after the car already arrived at the delivery center, so they found a new matching price-increased order to take delivery.

I think this theory can hold as it's not like the late 2020 and early 2021 orders have been skipped, they were the first to take deliveries.
They said it wasn’t the colors they originally ordered but were called about it and said they would take it.
MSM and cream with 22”

You’d think that would match someone’s exact config in socal before they shopped it around. But I could be wrong.

Just got the call on my second model X order that is a plaid and they offered me to switch to six seat configuration for no extra charge
Hi Johnny Mac! Do you mind messaging me your RN number as my SA is saying NO plaid orders are receiving the “free” upgrade to 6 seat that we paid for back in October and if I can sent him some RN numbers for reference he can look into crediting us the upgrade we were charged to get delivery by the end of 2021 (I just got a vin today). Thank you so very much - Candace

I’m assuming new price will go live tonight. They’re probably racking up new orders with fsd and existing owners upgrading over the holiday weekend. Pure profit there.

This doesn’t seem to be a popular opinion here, but for those who can afford fsd (presumably everyone in this thread) and on the fence, I recommend it (except maybe those leasing). It is expensive but a great way to maintain or even increase resale value (subscription won’t ever do that). I’ve had beta since 10.5 on my M3 and the progress is impressive despite some glaring deficiencies remaining. Just my 2 cents.
I kindly disagree, I don't think it adds to resale value unless its a really picky buyer who's willing to pay full price vs monthly. personally I never had a car for more than 4 years (usually 2-3) and it takes 50 months to get to the full price.
as a buyer right now if I have the option to pay 10k or monthly I'd much rather go with the monthly since I'll use it only at long trips...I think its gonna take years before it is reliable and convenient enough to use on city streets...its way to cautious in my option, 1 example is how it slows down before each traffic light even if it just turned green.

Reactions: studioloft
I paid 3k for FSD in 2018, and even though buying it new now is 10k (soon 12k), I doubt it adds even my original price to the value of the car.
My 2018 Model 3 with fsd and 25k miles is basically worth what I paid for it (not including sales tax)- that’s insane. Inflated used prices are a big factor but increase in fsd over the years is surely a factor too.

Reactions: flippingrich
I kindly disagree, I don't think it adds to resale value unless its a really picky buyer who's willing to pay full price vs monthly. personally I never had a car for more than 4 years (usually 2-3) and it takes 50 months to get to the full price.
as a buyer right now if I have the option to pay 10k or monthly I'd much rather go with the monthly since I'll use it only at long trips...I think its gonna take years before it is reliable and convenient enough to use on city streets...its way to cautious in my option, 1 example is how it slows down before each traffic light even if it just turned green.
I’m in the Bay Area- it works pretty well with light to moderate traffic. It’s clearly going to improve and gain value given enough time- hard to predict how much.

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Moderator note #1: Due to their nature, "waiting rooms" threads are pretty chatty, so it's expected that these threads will wander around a bit. But the sub-discussion about life in different parts of the US, while great for community-building, is pretty far away from ordering the Palladium Model X. This and other chit-chat makes it harder for people to actually follow the topic of this fast-paced thread. I'm not specifically asking y'all to stop, but please consider before hitting "Post reply" whether your post really belongs in this thread or not.

Moderator note #2: A lot of thread traffic is also generated when EDDs change. There's probably a level of diminishing returns of having lots of people report that their EDD just slipped a month, or changed to TBD, or changed from TBD, particularly when the EDDs are generally considered to be placeholders. Again, not asking anyone to do anything other than think a moment before hitting "Post reply".

Moderator note #3: I know someone's going to invoke me by name, so let me point out that I'm not the only moderator in this thread (I'm don't even read it every day, but the main reason I'm here is that I'm also waiting for an X).

Thanks...hoping we're all VINners soon!

Bruce.

PS. As an example of "fast paced", literally 6 posts came in while I was writing this.

1642476047245.jpeg

😝

That's another one I don't entirely understand! Not entirely but I kind of get it.

I get ppf for the front bumper and maybe the hood. but the whole car? And some people do ppf on the top windows too.

I have had tiny little pin sized chips of paint on the front bumper of my car, maybe 2-3 of them after 40,000 miles. I bought the $50 paint kit off of shop.tesla and was good to go. But I kind of see that as general wear and tear on a car. My late aunt had a plastic cover over the leather seats in her car.. 🙄

Again, someone convince me and I'll do it :)
If you want factory paint but matte, do full body Xpel Stealth (or similar).

Well, today is my 1 year anniversary order date! :(:mad:

The upside is that we picked up our new LR Y yesterday. I am very impressed with fit and finish. Compared to my 2017 X, I can see significant movement in engineering and manufacturing (I took out the frunk tub and looked in there today - wow, far superior in assembly than the 2017 X.)

At the Irvine center, saw an Plaid X ready for delivery - 6 seater - dashboard layout looks great!.
Congrats on the Y John in LB. I did the same a couple months ago. At least we have something nice to drive while we wait. My 1 year anniversary is Monday. As soon as my X arrives, I sell the Y.

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
HELP PLEASE!
My SA is saying that no plaid orders have received the 6 seat change from their 5 or 7 seat orders for FREE.

Can someone please send me their RN number (more the better) of those that got the FREE change for their plaid? I paid $6,500 and he’s saying anyone that changed to 6 seat PLAID had to pay, Tesla isn’t offering the change for free. UGH!

Then are they still offering you your 5 or 7 seat order? I think rather than proactively trying to get the 6 seat option for free, you just need to wait for them to call you to offer to change it for free.