Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 345F8CE7-1B76-4069-9E54-516114CFA8F0.png
    345F8CE7-1B76-4069-9E54-516114CFA8F0.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 92
I finally got a VIN!! I called to check about service on my current X and the service guy asked which vehicle I was calling about. I told him I only had one, so didn't know what he was referring to, and he asked for my VIN. When he mentioned that, I quickly pulled up my app and saw that I finally had a VIN assigned. Still haven't gotten any notifications or anything from Tesla or my SA.

When I ordered the vehicle, my SA said to put that I'd be paying cash, since the approval would likely run out before the car was delivered, and that I could change to lease later (if only I knew then how many times it would have expired before the car would finally come...). However, I don't see any way to change to lease now. Anyone know how to do it?

I finally got a VIN!! I called to check about service on my current X and the service guy asked which vehicle I was calling about. I told him I only had one, so didn't know what he was referring to, and he asked for my VIN. When he mentioned that, I quickly pulled up my app and saw that I finally had a VIN assigned. Still haven't gotten any notifications or anything from Tesla or my SA.

When I ordered the vehicle, my SA said to put that I'd be paying cash, since the approval would likely run out before the car was delivered, and that I could change to lease later (if only I knew then how many times it would have expired before the car would finally come...). However, I don't see any way to change to lease now. Anyone know how to do it?
you'll need to contact your SA to add the option to your account..."I finally got a VIN"...BooHoo lets brag shall we! ;)

When did you order?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I think that is pretty much 100% due to the fact that a new one requires waiting almost a year to take delivery. Once there is less backlog I suspect Tesla used prices will fall pretty quickly (although still better than average depreciation).
new M3 LR are delivering march ‘22 according to website. I agree that used car prices won’t stay inflated indefinitely but for now, resale on Teslas is crazy and fsd is a factor, but not easy to quantify. To assume it’s worth nothing at resale is wrong, but I’m also not saying it’s worth $10k or $12k on a used car. Maybe ~$5k or around there. I think value will increase with new capability and increased purchase price over time. Time will tell.

I’m in the same boat with 7 seat plaid order. I tried retroactively reaching out to switch to 6 seat without charge but apparently it’s not possible. I think we have to wait for someone to reach out and offer the free seat upgrade.

Presumably they have a long list to get through. My order was placed in August of ‘21. I assume they are calling customers chronologically. Has anyone who ordered after August received the free seat upgrade call?
I will update if contacted. I will try and contact someone at Tesla.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
Just went TBD!! Seems surreal!! Hoping all of us start to see some movement!!
I want to say congrats but so far it hasn’t helped me to be TBD. I was Feb and then TBD for 2 weeks. Then went back to Feb and have been back to TBD for 1-2 weeks. It is nice seeing some movement though. I like TBD better than March, that’s for sure.