Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 Model 3 with fsd and 25k miles is basically worth what I paid for it (not including sales tax)- that’s insane. Inflated used prices are a big factor but increase in fsd over the years is surely a factor too.
I think that is pretty much 100% due to the fact that a new one requires waiting almost a year to take delivery. Once there is less backlog I suspect Tesla used prices will fall pretty quickly (although still better than average depreciation).

Reactions: T3slafan2500
6 seater config is $3000 MORE than 7, so it's going to be an upgrade either way (in terms of value anyway).

Except that I'd pay extra just to keep my 5 seat config. Heck I'd pay extra to get 7 seats even though it isn't quite as optimal as 5 but still close. 6 a non starter. My order is ETA October. I'll need some sort of solution to this problem or I'll end up either selling my reservation or just cancelling. I'm really hoping in the end that it is possible to swap LR 5/7 with 6(i.e. the middle row) or that somehow Tesla ends up offering the 5/7 config again after another 9 months and then hope they offer to "downgrade" me for free.

Then are they still offering you your 5 or 7 seat order? I think rather than proactively trying to get the 6 seat option for free, you just need to wait for them to call you to offer to change it for free.
I think she got a call last year to upgrade to 6 seats to take delivery before the end of the year, and she is trying to get a refund because they didn't actually delivery by the end of the year, and if she had just waited she could have got it for free and had the exact same delivery timeframe.

Then are they still offering you your 5 or 7 seat order? I think rather than proactively trying to get the 6 seat option for free, you just need to wait for them to call you to offer to change it for free.
He already changed to 6 seater for a fee last year and a promise of priority delivery - which he is getting. He wants to get the additional discount which is now being offered to remaining plaid early reservation holders due to the fact that Tesla has decided not to make 5/7 seat plaids.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
Congrats on the Y John in LB. I did the same a couple months ago. At least we have something nice to drive while we wait. My 1 year anniversary is Monday. As soon as my X arrives, I sell the Y.
I’m on the verge of doing this while I wait. I wish I had done so a year ago lol. The Y is no X, but it’s a good car & you can get seven seats & some of my kids are small enough that the back seats are perfect for them.

I don't think FWD can be adjusted easily without creating a host of other issues. Mostly the issue seems to be joining the A pillar front to the B and C pillar sections. It's basically 3 different cars joined and they don't join them well. There's often a bump at the top of the B and/or C pillar indicating it's structurally shifted, not just panel misalignment. They might be able to shift some small amount but it could affect other areas.

Hopefully they've gotten good practice over the years and that creates better fixes.

This problem was the main reason we opted for an S instead of an X 5.5 years ago and it's sad that they haven't addressed it.
Falcon wing doors are a super easy remote fix. My 2017 use to do it automatically. No issues with 2022 X.

Well, today is my 1 year anniversary order date! :(:mad:

The upside is that we picked up our new LR Y yesterday. I am very impressed with fit and finish. Compared to my 2017 X, I can see significant movement in engineering and manufacturing (I took out the frunk tub and looked in there today - wow, far superior in assembly than the 2017 X.)

At the Irvine center, saw an Plaid X ready for delivery - 6 seater - dashboard layout looks great!.
That plaid is probably AfBruin’s lol, and yes, I too recently picked up a Y (12/30) and find the f&f better than my ‘18 M3 but sadly, things like homelink, console trays, 14-50 adapter are no longer included and the included floor mats seemed flimsier than the ‘18 M3.

They stopped including these for quite a while now I read. I have an appointment next week to have homelink installed. I mean, who goes in a Tesla and whips out a garage opener! Lol. Even my base model 2015 Acura had push button homelink.
I installed a Tailwind and now could care less about HomeLink. Easy to install and has advanced features like auto close and door status.