Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since my MX is most likely never gonna come as I’ve seen as late as June orders post an EDD today, I decided to go get me a new Scottish Terrier pup. Always wanted a wheaten one so managed to snag one that was local. It’s nice to have a dog again after losing ours a month ago. I’m sure she’ll love the MX when it arrives in 2024.

32D4A460-0F29-415D-A212-4201B414CF29.jpeg

So while Elite Auto Films was putting on PPF and ceramic coating they noticed that the Model X Refresh's rear passenger door trim colors don't match, you can see that one side is black while the other side is white. I'm Worried other things I can't see, maybe more safety related were not inspected thoroughly

On a $100k+ car. What. The. Fuuuuuuu

I was just as surprised. I had a few thoughts..
- This multi-billion dollar company didn't care enough to worry about $4,800
- Their legal team was dealing with bigger issues
- My case was too solid for them to deny (I argued the SC knowingly returned an unsafe vehicle to me after 5 separate visits, further confirmed by the EMMC recall, SC still denied repair)

Tesla, Inc
Attn: Legal,
45500 Fremont Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94538

My point being.. if anyone has in writing that Tesla guaranteed delivery of their MX refresh by EOY'21 by paying the extra $6,500 they have a solid case. Further solidified by their unwillingness to compensate.
Small-Claims Court is the way to go. No attorney would ever take the case to win their portion of $6,500. Also for those talking about a class-action I don't know if you could find enough people.
Thanks

The Arbitration clause eliminates any class actions against Tesla. Class is too small as few opt out. So I was told.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
First real review of the Plaid.

Please go to the video and add your opinion about the 5/7 seat config delete. The reviewer says the 6 seat option is the best so it's the only one needed.
This reviewer infers that you can opt for carbon fiber with the white interior!

I didn’t have that option (I ordered on my phone… 😳🧐) and I checked just now and still don’t see that option if I ordered right now!

Am I missing something?

Edit: OMG. Ok this is finally a reason to switch to Plaid. But nah I’ll get an aftermarket kit

I was just as surprised. I had a few thoughts..
- This multi-billion dollar company didn't care enough to worry about $4,800
- Their legal team was dealing with bigger issues
- My case was too solid for them to deny (I argued the SC knowingly returned an unsafe vehicle to me after 5 separate visits, further confirmed by the EMMC recall, SC still denied repair)

Tesla, Inc
Attn: Legal,
45500 Fremont Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94538

My point being.. if anyone has in writing that Tesla guaranteed delivery of their MX refresh by EOY'21 by paying the extra $6,500 they have a solid case. Further solidified by their unwillingness to compensate.
Small-Claims Court is the way to go. No attorney would ever take the case to win their portion of $6,500. Also for those talking about a class-action I don't know if you could find enough people.
Wish I was a smart as you. When I hassled them about my MCU, they refused to deal with me. I decided to sell my model X and got in line for the refresh, thinking it was around the corner! The rest is history…

Since my MX is most likely never gonna come as I’ve seen as late as June orders post an EDD today, I decided to go get me a new Scottish Terrier pup. Always wanted a wheaten one so managed to snag one that was local. It’s nice to have a dog again after losing ours a month ago. I’m sure she’ll love the MX when it arrives in 2024.

View attachment 757711
That’s awesome. What’s his name?

This reviewer infers that you can opt for carbon fiber with the white interior!

I didn’t have that option (I ordered on my phone… 😳🧐) and I checked just now and still don’t see that option if I ordered right now!

Am I missing something?

Edit: OMG. Ok this is finally a reason to switch to Plaid. But nah I’ll get an aftermarket kit

Maybe we can trade trim? I'd much rather have wood trim over carbon fiber.

That’s awesome. What’s his name?
It’s a lady and the twins have landed on Nessie for the name. I’ll take the Loch Ness Monster any day compared to the first name they wanted: Chocolate Pumpkin.

I’m seriously bummed to see so many get EDD ranges that are so far behind my order date. But I remind myself that it’s The Tesla Way. Happy you got one though.

View attachment 757711
That little guy gal is adorable

• Love
Reactions: Stro
Hey guys I’m sure this topic has been addressed before — I currently have FSD on my model X LR order. When I try to reconfigure my car to remove FSD, it’s giving me the new increased price of the car ($104,500, when I reserved for $99,500). Is there any way to remove FSD without having to pay the new higher price of the car ?

So while Elite Auto Films was putting on PPF and ceramic coating they noticed that the Model X Refresh's rear passenger door trim colors don't match, you can see that one side is black while the other side is white. I'm Worried other things I can't see, maybe more safety related were not inspected thoroughly
didn't you pay extra for the black and white combo?
I don't see anywhere they claim that both sides are the same, as long as they are black and white 😂

Hey guys I’m sure this topic has been addressed before — I currently have FSD on my model X LR order. When I try to reconfigure my car to remove FSD, it’s giving me the new increased price of the car ($104,500, when I reserved for $99,500). Is there any way to remove FSD without having to pay the new higher price of the car ?
the price didn't change. it still sits at 98,940 for LR so maybe you have the 22" wheels and then it shows 104,440
regardless that not the actually price since they are "kind" enough to show what you save on gas

• Funny
Reactions: Stro and KidsEyeDr
I respect tesla for hiring all people no matter color, religion or gender but you can't put the blind on the assembly line man come onnnnnnnn 🤷‍♂️

Last edited: