Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@abel2003 I had to dig around to find this "old" post. Is it possible to look into the current shipping picture? Maybe help all of make sense of what we are seeing?
I just gave an update on a private dm and tbh things arnt looking very good like I expected they would be by now, here’s the screen shots of what I said
AB0D50CB-79C1-4D18-AA36-74EC0233ADDA.png

Attachments

• A3C1F6E4-DCCC-443C-A8AE-92A53FB93AAE.png
    A3C1F6E4-DCCC-443C-A8AE-92A53FB93AAE.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 63
This is my belief, which could be completely wrong and most likely is, but figured I'd tell it to see what others believe:

Tesla has had their system 'predict' when you'd get your new vehicle by giving you a range. A lot of you are seeing it now. they've been doing this for a long time. As a matter of fact, they still do for all models except the X, until yesterday that is. My company works with manufacturers doing data science such as Scheduling AI, Robotics, Forecasting, etc. If you try to do ANY kind of forecasting during this pandemic, it's super hard. Most of the time, you'll be lucky to be even remotely close as the data is trash due to supply chain issues. So my guess is that due to the supply chain issues hitting the X immensely plus QA issues, they turned off the predictive EDD by overriding it in the code. You can clearly see this if you look at the source code if you still have March. This is why we kept seeing a +1 month every month for the past X months.

Here is my crazy guess. Someone f'ed up and pushed a new update to the code to undo the override for a lot of folks. This is why so many can see an EDD range without a VIN. The system sees a lot of vehicles marked as complete and it's trying to let some peeps know that one is coming. Now, I hope I'm wrong and a lot of you get your vehicles, but that's the only logical explanation running through my head that doesn't throw Tesla under the bus. They can't seriously f this up THAT bad, can they?

If someone here is a graphics designer, I'd love to see a beautiful meme that says, The Tesla Way, created. I want this to be part of my signature.
@Stro, I really hope we are getting these rigs soon. There are tons of unfortunate anecdotes on this forum detailing how so many people have been wronged in so many ways. As I type, I am on hold with USAA to try to finalize a loan (hadn't applied yet for obvious reasons). I really don't want to add a credit-pull-in-vain to the long list of those anecdotes!

Reactions: Stro
I just gave an update on a private dm and tbh things arnt looking very good like I expected they would be by now, here’s the screen shots of what I said View attachment 757940
The only real good thing that’s been happening is lots of people are getting more specific EDD from late January- March, but since it’s tesla we can’t really prove it really means anything at all until these people actually start getting their cars, I’m still hoping that February and March will be a very good month for those who ordered a long time ago doe

Tesla gave me a Model S last week as a loaner for a few days while my new refresh Model X was in the shop to resolve fit and finish issues. The Model S was hard to get out of I found. It's a great car but for that I would pass on the S.
When we first were looking at an X, the guy at the showroom said it is really a choice between the X and S was one of the seating positions. I tried climbing around the S for 10 minutes and my back started to feel sore. Switched over to an X and the pain was gone. Bought the X.

Tesla gave me a Model S last week as a loaner for a few days while my new refresh Model X was in the shop to resolve fit and finish issues. The Model S was hard to get out of I found. It's a great car but for that I would pass on the S.
This is a matter of taste and personal preference. We recently moved from an S to an X, and I found the S to be slightly more comfortable. But we needed the towing capacity.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
This is a matter of taste and personal preference. We recently moved from an S to an X, and I found the S to be slightly more comfortable. But we needed the towing capacity.
Seriously. Some will find one better than the other and there is no right/wrong answer. Get what makes YOU feel comfortable, not the consensus, not the majority, but YOU. I find the fixed full carbon fiber Senna seats in my McLaren 600LT super comfy, more so than my X, does that mean it’s more comfortable for everyone else?

Oh no. I'm planning on switching partly because I assumed it would be more comfortable to get in and out. I actually don't have a big issue with the S. My wife and I are both 6 feet tall and find the S spacious enough but our kids are rapidly shooting up in height and the S is not fun to load babies into (luckily past that stage but it took it's toll).

Anyways, my knee currently hits the MCU and I was hoping the X and the horizontal screen would solve that.

The auto doors and windshield are mostly what keeps me excited. I hated how a loaner X drove when compared to my S. S was so much more fun to drive and easier to control.

This is my belief, which could be completely wrong and most likely is, but figured I'd tell it to see what others believe:

Tesla has had their system 'predict' when you'd get your new vehicle by giving you a range. A lot of you are seeing it now. they've been doing this for a long time. As a matter of fact, they still do for all models except the X, until yesterday that is. My company works with manufacturers doing data science such as Scheduling AI, Robotics, Forecasting, etc. If you try to do ANY kind of forecasting during this pandemic, it's super hard. Most of the time, you'll be lucky to be even remotely close as the data is trash due to supply chain issues. So my guess is that due to the supply chain issues hitting the X immensely plus QA issues, they turned off the predictive EDD by overriding it in the code. You can clearly see this if you look at the source code if you still have March. This is why we kept seeing a +1 month every month for the past X months.

Here is my crazy guess. Someone f'ed up and pushed a new update to the code to undo the override for a lot of folks. This is why so many can see an EDD range without a VIN. The system sees a lot of vehicles marked as complete and it's trying to let some peeps know that one is coming. Now, I hope I'm wrong and a lot of you get your vehicles, but that's the only logical explanation running through my head that doesn't throw Tesla under the bus. They can't seriously f this up THAT bad, can they?

If someone here is a graphics designer, I'd love to see a beautiful meme that says, The Tesla Way, created. I want this to be part of my signature.

I think you nailed it @Stro

Perhaps someone should take the full RN or VIN, call Tesla and ask WTF is going on? I can't imagine this is just a higher profit margin issue. Surely there must be another order in Cleveland with the same config and price, but ordered more than 3 days ago? Worst case scenario richincle would have their VIN pulled, which sounds like it would be their preference anyway?
Likely I will be calling in short order and politely ask how and why. I'll report back here for sure with any info I receive. I do think I am going to end up waiting.

Hello folks//
I'm in the Seattle area (Bainbridge actually). Ordered an X LR 6 seat in late January '21. Still getting the monthly slippage slow roll - it's now March 2022. Believe it when i see it. Happy with my 2018 X but would like my new machine.
Couple of questions -
o Has anyone in the Puget Sound area received a new X LR refresh? Or, are we just sort of out in BFN as far as Fremont is concerned?
o Also - currently are offering my old 2018 X as a trade-in. Has anyone used CARMAX or others and compared the offered price with the trade in offer?

regards,
Bob
I used Carmax but wasn't super happy with the quote. KBB.com has an instant offer program that I like. I planned on trading in my model 3 and wasn't happy with the trade in offer from Tesla. I got an offer for 4,500.00 more from KBB. I'm taking the car to a dealer tomorrow for a closer look to see if I can get more for it. The tax laws vary by state. Where I'm at In KY you save 6% sales tax when buying a vehicle because you only pay sales tax on the portion of the car after the trade in. That makes my trade in that Tesla offered, worth $2,400 more. Still trying to figure it all out. I've found the KBB instant cash offers from local dealers are pretty nice because they're making those offers without seeing your car. If you have a really nice ride that's well taken care of, they will likely give you more. That's what I hope anyway.

Reactions: Zygote1975
Are lack of truckers keeping us from getting a VIN?
It’s one big piece of the puzzle for sure.

As a country, we have a shortage of 80,000 truck drivers. I work in supply chain, and it’s absolutely brutal out there. Rates are 2-10x pre-pandemic numbers, waiting times to get freight hauled can be days if not weeks. It’s bad everywhere, but the west coast is getting absolutely killed with these delays. You can either wait, or pay a massive premium to jump to the head of the line (sound familiar?)

For sure, there aren’t enough drivers to haul parts from the suppliers / seaports / airports to Fremont. Once the cars are built, Tesla surely cannot secure nearly enough drivers to haul an auto transporter to the east coast. I know Tesla also uses rail in some markets, but this isn’t a feasible solution either, especially in winter when our terrible freight infrastructure is stressed well beyond capacity. A rail move from CA to NY should take a week, but it’s more like a month right now - assuming you can even get space from the carriers.

Through all of this, I’ve tried to communicate with my own clients and vendors and partners constantly — long delays and high freight rates are the norm right now but picking up a phone and explaining it can smooth over a lot. Still shocked at the unprofessional silence from Tesla, but I‘m sure the fanboys have an excuse for this terrible service.

Perhaps the Tesla Supply Chain interns can help improve the miserable customer service experience? 🙃

I used Carmax but wasn't super happy with the quote. KBB.com has an instant offer program that I like. I planned on trading in my model 3 and wasn't happy with the trade in offer from Tesla. I got an offer for 4,500.00 more from KBB. I'm taking the car to a dealer tomorrow for a closer look to see if I can get more for it. The tax laws vary by state. Where I'm at In KY you save 6% sales tax when buying a vehicle because you only pay sales tax on the portion of the car after the trade in. That makes my trade in that Tesla offered, worth $2,400 more. Still trying to figure it all out. I've found the KBB instant cash offers from local dealers are pretty nice because they're making those offers without seeing your car. If you have a really nice ride that's well taken care of, they will likely give you more. That's what I hope anyway.
Hope you like spending time in the dealer showroom. Selling my 2014 S was an ordeal that is still ongoing. I'm not looking forward to the next time.

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino
Hope you like spending time in the dealer showroom. Selling my 2014 S was an ordeal that is still ongoing. I'm not looking forward to the next time.
Oh wow, that doesn't sound good. What problems did you have? I like the extra $$ but maybe not worth the hassle? It works out to 2000 more in my pocket, but I have the hassle of getting a ride to Cincy for pick up. Also have to find something else to drive until the car is ready. They're gonna have to make it worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino