Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For most, the yoke will be a non issue. For people that do not like it, I imagine the aftermarket will offer many options.

Many reports from people worrying they would not like it, begin to like it once they drive a bit with it.

Change is hard for many people, but it seems that most of the people using it for a while learn it's advantages.

See more negativity about the horn button, but I guess current production will come with a horn button in the center mounted airbag as well.
What advantages would these be again? I've read several of the threads and have not seen a single advantage. I will give a half point for visibility but I just went and sat in my Model S. The wheel perfectly arcs across the top of the IC binnacle. It literally blocks NOTHING. It does not block the screen and it does not block the windshield/outside. Tesla got this part amazingly right. Only Elon would fix something that isn't broken and make it worse. Ok, well plenty of companies do that....

As someone else posted, if you want to let your inner 11-year-old fly, then make the yoke an option.

I finally got "the call" today to change my 6-seat Plaid order to a 5-seat. Ended up going with a 5-seat LR. I use my cargo area in my Y (with seats folded) way too much to consider the 6-seat.
that doesn't make sense what so ever.
You meant they tried converting your plaid 5 seat order to a plaid 6 seat or LR 5 seat and you selected LR 5 seat

Hopefully someone with one could post a picture of theirs. There's clearly a gap, whether it's an intentional passthrough or not.
There is a gap, air pass through. Looks jagged due likely to rough cement background.
Screenshot_20220127-193511_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220127-192555_YouTube.jpg

Pix not mine, by Vehicle Virgin guy.

What advantages would these be again? I've read several of the threads and have not seen a single advantage. I will give a half point for visibility but I just went and sat in my Model S. The wheel perfectly arcs across the top of the IC binnacle. It literally blocks NOTHING. It does not block the screen and it does not block the windshield/outside. Tesla got this part amazingly right. Only Elon would fix something that isn't broken and make it worse. Ok, well plenty of companies do that....

As someone else posted, if you want to let your inner 11-year-old fly, then make the yoke an option.
Are you asking about the advantage of a yoke or are you asking about the advantage of complaining about something that isn't going to change?

Do the refresh X come with usb thumbdrive for Sentry-mode? My model Y came with it, but the model 3 did not. Just wanted to have one ready in case they're not included when I pickup.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found this on the Tesla store, which states that it's included with all new vehicle deliveries;
1643343011590.png

Last edited:
331B768C-9245-47CE-BBF5-9D5757BCD0A7.jpeg
61DE6484-CD69-4570-BB3C-DB33740C0A52.jpeg
D3FD3592-38B7-4E2C-BFE6-25D3E336FFA5.jpeg
EAEF286C-2964-4E5D-81C4-2B9F30C69361.jpeg

Dropped off the baby as soon as I could to this shop. Got matte white wrap with ceramic coating, window tint, and painted calipers + Tesla emblems. It turned out amazing! Waited 1.5 years for this bad boy and now it’s clean! I’d highly recommend getting any wraps/tint done here if you’re in OC or LA. The shop is called Elevance and located in Hawaiian Gardens/Cerritos area.

That’s awesome. Congratulations. Sounds like Tesla didn’t want you to get it but it’s great to see a prerefresh getting their car. Here’s hoping delivery is smooth and the car is flawless.
Thanks it was a smooth delivery. Apparently their was a firmware update that they had to do on all their cars so it took them an extra 20 min to get the car ready but when it was done it was easy. We did a thorough walk through and the driver side FWD is off a hair when it closes. No rubbing just not seating all the way. Seems like everything Is in the car that’s supposed to be there. Pulling for you to get yours too.

View attachment 761203View attachment 761204View attachment 761205View attachment 761206
Dropped off the baby as soon as I could to this shop. Got matte white wrap with ceramic coating, window tint, and painted calipers + Tesla emblems. It turned out amazing! Waited 1.5 years for this bad boy and now it’s clean! I’d highly recommend getting any wraps/tint done here if you’re in OC or LA. The shop is called Elevance and located in Hawaiian Gardens/Cerritos area.
I love the calipers

Reactions: 1pinhigh and MrJM
View attachment 761203View attachment 761204View attachment 761205View attachment 761206
That is one gorgeous car! Mind sharing how much the whole thing cost?