Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After all of this wait, if mine comes with any crazy ass defects, I'm gonna blow up.

I reached out yet again to my SA yesterday. Got a message back claiming that I'd get my car in March latest according to his system and for sure in Q1. I explained to him that the March EDD is hard coded and doesn't carry any weight. And if he doesn't believe me, to call me on February 15th when it will change to April. I also asked him to please reach out if anyone ends up rejecting their vehicle due to funding issues or simply availability, but not for defects. I'd gladly take it.
I'm assuming mine will be pristine after a meditation. I've adjusted my mind set. 🙏

• Funny
Reactions: ironwill96
So I have done what a few others in this forum have done, which is order a second in a 6-seat Plaid variant to see how it is processed compared to original LR5 order.

The outcome is very surprising, although the date I have may very well, and probably will, disappear in a day or two.

I originally ordered an MXLR Black/Cream 22" 5 seater NoFSD on 8/28/21. Original EDD was and still is April 2022. This obviously is not going to happen.

On New Years Day 2022 I ordered an MXP Black/White 22" 6 seater NoFSD. Original EDD was October 2022. Today it changed to February 16 - March 09.

They are obviously prioritizing more profitable orders.

Again, all of the above may very well change by tomorrow. I will keep everyone informed as this progresses.
That's awesome, cause I ordered a MXP over six months before yours and yours appears to be on track to deliver before mine.

Reactions: MxTaycan
I wish one of the illustrious members of this group could help with my delivery day inspection 😋 not sure I trust my significant other helping me with the task! Afraid I’m going to miss something! I printed out the checklist
Don't worry, even if you miss something Tesla will fix it post delivery. Most things can be fixed by the mobile service too.

So I have done what a few others in this forum have done, which is order a second in a 6-seat Plaid variant to see how it is processed compared to original LR5 order.

The outcome is very surprising, although the date I have may very well, and probably will, disappear in a day or two.

I originally ordered an MXLR Black/Cream 22" 5 seater NoFSD on 8/28/21. Original EDD was and still is April 2022. This obviously is not going to happen.

On New Years Day 2022 I ordered an MXP Black/White 22" 6 seater NoFSD. Original EDD was October 2022. Today it changed to February 16 - March 09.

Again, all of the above may very well change by tomorrow. I will keep everyone informed as this progresses.
I genuinely wish they would just be honest about it. If my LR gets here by May no big deal (March currently like most others), if not I'm kinda stuck. So, it wouldn't be my first choice to buy a Plaid because I really don't need one... but if I knew for a fact I'd get it on time I'd rather do that then buy a not-Tesla and figure it out from there.

Could use some urgent help please.

My MX LR arrived earlier than anticipated so I'm going to go pick it up in an hour.

Is there a delivery checklist of common issues to look for?

Reactions: studioloft
Could use some urgent help please.

My MX LR arrived earlier than anticipated so I'm going to go pick it up in an hour.

Is there a delivery checklist of common issues to look for?

Congrats!

Check out the Model X Refresh Issues Google Doc. There is a list of known issues as well as a delivery checklist at the bottom of the page.

1643391021829.png

Just to keep everyone here in the loop:

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
3Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
5Key fobs unresponsive to carResolution - Initial pairing performed by user per manual
4Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
4Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Paint issues - mismatched color on exterior piecesOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Seat issues - various - see Detail columnOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds while driving on uneven surfaces. Outstanding - no resolution identified
6Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution - Performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
2DentResolution - Performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Noise from second row seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
15Off alignment - FWDResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution - Performed by Service Center
4Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
1Frunk liner looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
13rd row seat wiring exposed to trunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Whining sound while driving or acceloratingOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Chip or crack in glassOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing Key FobsOutstanding - no resolution identified
4Driver door latching issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing pieces of interior trimOutstanding - no resolution identified
1MCU lost connectivityOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Distortion in windshield glassResolution - Replaced windshield glass
1Headlights level is misalignedOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Camera - Left Repeater housing is looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
1MCU Reboots UnexpedlyOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Mismatched interior trim colorsOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Windshield off alignmentOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Center console missing USB portsOutstanding - no resolution identified

Once you receive your car make sure to report issues in the MX Refresh Issues thread and not here :)

Reactions: shamberann

I originally ordered an MXLR Black/Cream 22" 5 seater NoFSD on 8/28/21. Original EDD was and still is April 2022. This obviously is not going to happen.he sa

I am in the same situation. Original MXLR order on 3/8, current EDD is March. Ordered a new 6 seat Plaid on Jan 12, EDD was October, then Feb 5-24, now as of yesterday, back to October? 🤬

Thanks to everyone that sent me to the Delivery Checklist. Fingers crossed it's nothing too bad.

There's a pinned thread in this forum that has a delivery checklist and Model X issues thread.

I'm also in Austin - when did you order and what was your configuration?

I'm actually not taking delivery in Austin, I'm taking delivery in PA. I split the year between both places. I just like to associate myself with Austin more so I can feel like I'm not as old as I am.

June 2021 order, MX LR 6/Blue/Cream/FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
My opinion on delivery refusal:

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic lately. There certainly is the school of thought that if a car has many issues at delivery that it will have issues in the future. This is true to many extents.

However -
I personally would not refuse delivery for cosmetic and/or fit & finish issues as others have in the past. These issues are the product of one weak link in the assembly line chain and do not necessarily reflect the overall build of the car but rather the technician responsible for that piece of assembly. These types of issues can typically be easily addressed by the Service Center or even a mobile service visit.

No doubt it is a bummer getting a new toy that came broken, but my two cents is to really think about the issue on a case by case basis and consider if it can be easily addressed or if you believe it is reflective of the entire build as a whole. Keep in mind once delivery is refused there is no guarantee if they will fix the car assigned to you or put you in the back of the queue.

For clarification, I am referring to delivery refusal for minor issues. Any major mechanical issues are a huge red flag and obvious justification for delivery refusal. 🚩

After all of this wait, if mine comes with any crazy ass defects, I'm gonna blow up.

I reached out yet again to my SA yesterday. Got a message back claiming that I'd get my car in March latest according to his system and for sure in Q1. I explained to him that the March EDD is hard coded and doesn't carry any weight. And if he doesn't believe me, to call me on February 15th when it will change to April. I also asked him to please reach out if anyone ends up rejecting their vehicle due to funding issues or simply availability, but not for defects. I'd gladly take it.
March is the end of Q1. so....

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Thanks to everyone that sent me to the Delivery Checklist. Fingers crossed it's nothing too bad.

I'm actually not taking delivery in Austin, I'm taking delivery in PA. I split the year between both places. I just like to associate myself with Austin more so I can feel like I'm not as old as I am.

June 2021 order, MX LR 6/Blue/Cream/FSD.
Got it - thanks for clarifying! Congratulations - share some pics!

Reactions: lexus26
I finally got "the call" today to change my 6-seat Plaid order to a 5-seat. Ended up going with a 5-seat LR. I use my cargo area in my Y (with seats folded) way too much to consider the 6-seat.
When you switched to 5 seat LR, what pricing did you get? (Did they force you to take the latest LR price, or the price at time of your Plaid original order?)

Also, did he mention an EDD for the LR?