Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I know is that they are continentals. I'm pretty sure they're the summer tires. I do have a set of 20
slipstreams from my old X I just traded and those have dedicated snow tires on them.

Here is the pic of a wheel and tire i snapped at delivery.
View attachment 762766
Can you take a pic of the model of the tire please? I'm pretty sure the tires are summers. On the right side it says "contact".

I have a set of Extreme Contacts DW Summers for my other car and the tread pattern looks similar to mine.

alright, so the advantage living in the bay area.

I have heard rumors that Elon musk's model x plaid had some issues, Elon was upset about it and the X Plaid ended up getting fixed. Apparently, there were some issues with the model X plaid that they couldn't pass the inspection, which also explains why some people got 2011 Vin in 2022 and also the reason we see a lot of them sitting in the parking lot back in Dec. That's also the reason we saw the long-range gets delivered before the plaid version came out. If the X cannot pass tesla's own inspection, it must have been pretty bad.

I guess it's ok to wait for a bit, let them sort out all the issues.

Last edited:
Just got a call from Tesla. They confirmed that they will not be making 5-seats or 7-seats in the MX Plaid, ever. They are canceling all 5/7 orders and moving people to 6, and waiving the +$6500 cost to upgrade from 5 to 6 as part of it. Effective immediately.

The "waived" price is odd. Basically Tesla is eating the $7500 EV credit (which I thought was gone?) and applying that towards the $6500 upgrade price for 5 to 6, so that the actual price due at delivery is unchanged. But your account will continue to show the increased price.
They told me the credit would show on the sales agreement closer to delivery date.

I’m sorry, you guys that called earlier to switch for a dec delivery should really get your refunds since promise not met. It’s absurd how tesla cannot get around some of these harsh unfair policies without consideration of their unfulfilled and false reassurances.

My willingness to switch to 6-seater is partly since these are actually real and being delivered. But my wife also independently feels now that the 6-seater option may have been a better choice for us, esp if we travel with friends or parents. Of course I’m not spending 15000 extra + being in back of line at this point for this. I’m still 50/50 on having that max cargo space, which would be amazing, just would help to feel good about the original order of deliveries

My MXP 6 seater with 22s, no FSD.

Ordered 8/21, delivery to Irvine, CA

Has been March EDD for probably all of January...today on 2/1 updated EDD

Estimated Delivery: February 03 - February 23

No VIN

On a separate note, I had a model 3 LR that I have been delaying taking delivery. THey kept threatening to cancel that order if I didnt take it. They finally removed it from my account

• Informative
Reactions: Stro