Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When they gave a quote back in Feb. when I ordered the LR their price was about $37k. I still have it, but it's sold to buyer who agreed to wait until I get my new one. Also, 85k miles. Would a price in the 50's be a good deal for waiting?
I’ve been offered 52-55 from local dealers that I’ve stopped at for my X so you charging someone 50 is more than fair.. they are getting a deal

Sure wish they would refund me the $6,500 I paid reluctantly after getting the "call" last fall to change from a 5 to 6 seat plaid for end of the year 2021 delivery.

I'm scheduled to pick up the car on 2/4 and was told "no refund for you". (said in the voice of the soup nazi from Sienfield)
For $6500, I would take them to small claims court. I feel confident that I would not need a lawyer but your case, your decision. They would spend more than that on their lawyer fees, maybe forcing them to give in.
If you do it, I would love to come and watch, being local.

• Disagree
Reactions: mr-dmitry
Strange. Tesla has them listed as 265/45/20 on the fronts as well.

That is strange. I tried to post the door sticker from my MXP where it specifies 255’s for the front. I’m sure 265’s are ok. The total diameter of the wheel and tire is only 0.35 inches more for the 265’s vs 255’s. This is well within the 3% range quoted as acceptable (3% would be 0.87 inches). The 20” front wheel with 265’s is less than 1/10th of an inch larger than the 22’s with 265’s. The LR has 265’s up front.

A coworker of mine didn't get FSD with the same reasoning as many others in the past 10 pages. It is not full autonomy.

Tesla named the product incorrectly.

He ended up getting FSD after driving my car. I assume many others here will be in the same boat as soon as we stop looking at FSD as "full self driving" and start to look at it as an upgrade allowing autopilot to interact with traffic signals, change lanes automatically, summon, autopark, etc.

If someone thinks FSD means full autonomy they will be disappointed.

Personally, I believe the above features were worth the cost. FSD costs less than 10% of the base MX price. FSD is only about double the cost of the 22" which lower range too. In my opinion when getting the premium feature-rich car the above FSD features just are part of the purchase.

A coworker of mine didn't get FSD with the same reasoning as many others in the past 10 pages. It is not full autonomy.

Tesla named the product incorrectly.

He ended up getting FSD after driving my car. I assume many others here will be in the same boat as soon as we stop looking at FSD as "full self driving" and start to look at it as an upgrade allowing autopilot to interact with traffic signals, change lanes automatically, summon, autopark, etc.

Personally, I believe the above features were worth the cost. FSD costs less than 10% of the base MX price. FSD is only about double the cost of the 22" which lower range too. In my opinion when getting the premium feature-rich car the above FSD features just are part of the purchase.
Agree with you 100%....Alot more perks than FSD ! And will & can only get better......

Last edited:

If anyone thinks FSD should be done and perfect, I'd love for them to point to the car make that has it. Oh yeah, right...

For $6500, I would take them to small claims court. I feel confident that I would not need a lawyer but your case, your decision. They would spend more than that on their lawyer fees, maybe forcing them to give in.
If you do it, I would love to come and watch, being local.
I’m no lawyer, but how would he have a case if all he’s given Tesla is $100…. Would the judge just allow you to cancel your order and remand Tesla to return your deposit? What more could they do?

Reactions: Kaos_X
2BD3CBD9-CC12-4DD7-802C-F0937F87C79E.jpeg

Wellll, I’m in love. It’s probably because this is my first Tesla, but I haven’t been able to find any issues with it….yet.

I put it in drag strip mode and launched it twice. It’s spooky fast. I love it.

Thank you everyone for the mental support over the past year. This group has been such a great help.

I think people who say the FSD package is overpriced don't seem to recall the days of $5000 navigation packages and "tech packages" for $3500 that had sonar and rear view cameras. But by all means, choose for yourself how you spend your money.
I spent 4500 on active cruise control way back on my old MB S550 so ya it might be worth it but for now monthly looks like a better deal unless they raise the monthly to $300-$350

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Plaid - MSM - black interior - 6 seater - 20 inch - No FSD - AZ

OD - 11/12/21
Original EDD - August 2022
Updated EDD (changed 1/26/22) - 1/28/22-2/15/22
Tesla phone call on 1/28 asking about a trade in and that “VIN will be matched soon”

Accepted trade on 2018 M3LR on 1/30/2022

Logged in today and EDD back to August 2022
Sorry but this is BS. My AZ plaid order is 10 months before yours and I got nothing.