Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s interesting. So guys like myself who actually rather go to a plaid can make the call and not lose my place. In regards to the pricing, it didn’t change or it didn’t change in my situation because I would have gotten 6 seaters anyways. Is that correct? I ordered my LR in March 2021
It's what two of us have been told today. Not sure if we talked to the same guy though. May want to call and ask yourself before making that change.

So my experiment seems to be yielding positive results. My Plaid order that I placed 3 days ago on 1/29/22 has updated EDD from October 2022 to February 18 - March 8. Still no love for my LR.

Original order:
October 19, 2020/LR/Blue/White/6/20/FSD
EDD March

New order:
January 29, 2022/Plaid/Blue/White/6/22/No FSD
EDD February 18 - March 8

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery

Mine did that without doing anything and was like that for about 5 days and then moved back to October.

I'm not holding out much hope that the March 2022 EDD will last much after Feb. 15th. It's not necessarily a bad thing if it means missing the quarter-end rush with suspect build quality. Of course, if it's one of these vehicles that have been sitting on the Fremont lot for months - is it really "new" any more? As much as I'm resigned to seeing it drag on yet again, I don't think I'll be able to recommend Tesla again - especially watching the number of orders being fulfilled that are far, far down the line from us. Seeing June and later orders getting filled...I frankly don't give a damn if someone else passes their order up, but after this long it shouldn't necessarily go to the next person that's randomly picked from the hat because they're "nearby". We have been waiting patiently for the most part - let them wait their turn.

14 days to go...again...
All my teslas have been end of quarter builds except my new Y and let me tell you the difference is amazing! I definitely don’t want a March delivery now.

My wife can't tell them apart! I quiz my wife when we see one and she's getting better but still confuses the Y and X sometimes. She's getting an X plaid but has no clue about the acceleration 😄
This just proves my point! All the guys that are on here are ordering Plaids and then telling everyone "it's for the Wife... "

Wife thinks she is getting a nice SUV, all of the husbands are thinking that they are getting their dream rocketship that they have been wanting since High School....

This is outrageous! What's next? ... Wife realizes that husband snuck something pass her when she finally drives the rocketship (the baby in the back seat gets whiplash.... ) , goes out and picks up a pair of Diamond Earrings as retribution????

😁😁😁

Just got my trade in offer for my 2016 model X 90d 6 seat white on white with 86,000 miles on it. Would really appreciate some of your guys input on if you think it’s a fair offer.

Offer 56,900 through Tesla
And factor in that I’ll get 6% more value than that since it will negate some of my tax on the plaid which puts it close to 60k

Thanks y’all
Used car market is hot. Tesla offered me $31K for my 2018 M3 LR. I’m selling to a dealer for $39.4K, easily covering the 6% “extra” sales tax. You should at least just post a quick ad on autotrader ($50) and see who responds. You can tell dealers/private people since they typically announce themselves as such and have genuine questions with a good back and forth. A lot of spammers though will send you messages so only use the autotrader chat (and don’t initiate outside autotrader with text/numbers anyone gives you or pay for any “VIN checks” in any links haha).

Reactions: gglockner
They have a lower price. It makes sense not to deliver them ever.
Hmmmm... so, rushing to order early is the wrong strategy - I am learning from this experience... I am not ordering my Cybertruck till 2 weeks before I need it... I won't have to waste 1000+ pages on this forum, or drive around with just 1 car for months on end... It's really quite simple!!!

The dude clearly didn't know much. Told me I was next in line and no one had skipped me. He also said he was pretty sure I'd get mine in March because 'the system said so'. I explained to him that it's a hard-coded EDD. He didn't believe me. So yeah... no info. Either these SAs clearly don't know anything or if they do, they need to train our military how to handle interrogations.
That is the standard answer "the system said so". I tried reaching a contact in the TESLA dealership and it seems he also has the same information. I think they have been given a printout to stick to their desk with the same words. Like an automated response.😞😳

They are super friendly only when you book a new car. once you do, they are gone. 😂🤣

Reactions: Stro
So my experiment seems to be yielding positive results. My Plaid order that I placed 3 days ago on 1/29/22 has updated EDD from October 2022 to February 18 - March 8. Still no love for my LR.

Original order:
October 19, 2020/LR/Blue/White/6/20/FSD
EDD March

New order:
January 29, 2022/Plaid/Blue/White/6/22/No FSD
EDD February 18 - March 8

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery

You guys do realize that the more Plaids are ordered, the longer it will take for Tesla to switch to LR orders? Right?

So, eventually, everyone, except stupid me, is going to switch to Plaid. Then when production finally switches to LR... surprise, surprise, I will be the only one accepting the order... All of the other orders are going to vanish.... Pfffffftttt...

We need a new thread for 5/7 seaters.
We will call it "Waiters of the Lost Arch" 😁😁😁

The only thing wrong with it, is that everyone will just post once and that's it... I ordered on 1/17........ No one will be providing any pictures or reporting any VINS.... There might be a few postings around the 15th of each month... Look, my EDD changed to....

Over time, the postings will wither and the posters will vanish... as they eventually all ordered 6 Seaters and left the thread....

Last edited: