Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if 5 and 7 seat deliveries were anywhere in sight..i don't think Tesla would've given free 'upgrades' to Plaid orders. Meaning its probably months and months away...dont think they would let cars missing 5 and 7 seaters sit for monthsI
I truly hope not. "If months and months away" is true (I know no one really knows), its really poor on Tesla's part to continue to offer 5/7 seaters with the same est delivery for current and new orders as those who have the 6 and with no option to have any of the earlier orders (esp from 2020, early 2021) convert without penalty to a 6 if car is needed earlier. I dont know how this makes any sense.

I truly hope not. "If months and months away" is true (I know no one really knows), its really poor on Tesla's part to continue to offer 5/7 seaters with the same est delivery for current and new orders as those who have the 6 and with no option to have any of the earlier orders (esp from 2020, early 2021) convert without penalty to a 6 if car is needed earlier. I dont know how this makes any sense.
Remember...this is Tesla we're talking about

Hey guys I got my model X and I’m looking to sell… wasn’t the plan but if anyone is interested hit me up. Wife hates the yoke :/
Replace it. That's what I am going to do. There are a few options:
After this and other stories, I don’t plan on giving them any money or financing until the day before delivery.
I don't plan to give them money until I have had a chance to look the car over, inside and out. I can initiate a wire/ACH transfer or write them a check in the lobby. My checks to Tesla have been cashing since 2010.

Reactions: UCF3 and KidsEyeDr
Why a smoother ride? Is there a suspension difference or are you assuming 22" vs 20"? I ordered my Plaid w/ 20". I want stupidly fast AND a smooth ride!

Depends on the distance. Out here in flyover country, our Model S came from Kansas City and was on a small truck (though it was an enclosed trailer).

4680s for S/X are YEARS away. They are doing 4680s for Y now, then CT, Semi, Roadster, etc. Tesla will want to get the maximum usage out of the existing battery lines in Nevada. Those cells get cheaper every day - Tesla will not switch the S/X until time for its next overall model refresh.

Now I am wondering about these rumored improved headlights and taillights. That may be worth waiting a few months for (and would be introduced mid-production since I would bet it's a drop-in replacement) but I don't have any more info. Are they Europe only?
Speaking of taillights, and condensation.....Does anyone know why Tesla uses taillights with a clear outer cover?

And for today's flight report: little if any change.

[Edit: a few more cars in and around the test track, a few more out in the logistics, and a few less out on Kato. I can only tell the white Model Xs in the logistics lot - figuring about a half dozen there, I think.]
Sawyer Merritt: “over 2000 Xs spotted! I counted each one! Production is in full speed! Incredible!”

@elonmusk
95A4FC2F-DC60-4705-BAB5-4E43E479A40B.jpeg

EDD got moved back two weeks today.. was 2/2 - 2/23 now 2/16 - 3/9...
Was hopeful I would get car/VIN prior to my one year order anniversary date of 2/10/21
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WELCOME TO THE PrIoRiTy QuEuE!

Thank god I have my MSLR to soothe this terrible waiting games pains..
Same happened to me… this is kind of a joke!! EDD really means nothing. I agree it is just a computer algorithm…

Reactions: flippingrich
View attachment 764504

I can’t help myself. Sawyer Merritt is tabloid trash.
Every tech company seems to have a Sawyer Merritt (or multiple). Like Apple has Mark Gurman and John Gruber, though to the latter's credit he does take Apple to task for boneheaded decisions. Mark Gurman has the added annoyance of being one of those sports fans whose favorite teams include the Lakers, Cowboys, and Yankees.

I say we all make a pact, with @Stro in mind, if you get a VIN you take it. Even if there's a sad story about a November 1988 order, F Them Kids. That's your X. Even if you ordered yesterday and you can take delivery, do it. Don't think about me, don't think about @niogyn or @flippingrich don't think about any of us. Post lots of pics, and videos, update the spreadsheet, answer some questions and then go destroy every dork in a Tuner who wants to test you, just like the Good Lord intended.