Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Microsoft? Yeah...that'll be a no. Experienced their "UI" in a Ford Explorer where, yes it was updatable, but you had to figure out whether the update actually applied to your vehicle, had to validate it through a secondary program before initiating, had to have it on a USB in the right file format and it usually took 30 minutes with the car running to complete. The only thing worse was that in order to do a reset of the car you had to pull the fuse. Good luck with that! You needed to be a contortionist. The fuse box was placed directly under the steering wheel but far underneath on the top side, with a small access panel that needed to be unscrewed first, the fuse panel itself buried too deeply to reach the friggin fuse. Usually needed to do the reset about monthly because of glitches. Absolutely hated that vehicle by the time I got rid of it.
They’re pretty good in the video game department. Halo rocks…it is definitely not Windows or some Microsoft-based car UI.

Reactions: darhall993
FWIW - I ordered in June, Plaid/White/White/20"/FSD/6-seat. Was just assigned a VIN and a Feb 17-21 delivery window this morning. It's on its way to the DC area, but I am enjoying my Model S Plaid so much I'm actually debating whether to accept delivery or put it on hold and decide later whether I really want the X.
I should order plaid 6 not LR 7. I also ordered June. Still waiting for LR 7.

Hey I posted a couple of days ago that i got a call from a sales advisor to upgrade to a 6-seat configuration (Model X Plaid). I agreed to do that.

Now today when I checked my delivery, I have an actual date range (feb 20 - mar 13).

But I already know Tesla is a huge tease so I’m not gonna get my hopes up for those dates.
Where are you located?

I had a date range that disappeared. It seems like they are hitting FL, East Coast and Texas. Not Midwest, but I could be wrong. Just my observation.

Reactions: X-Stream
Add me to the list of people that really like the yoke. I have a u-turn on my daily route out of my neighborhood and I have already forgotten about the yoke after just a few days of use.

In addition to turns being fine (and fun when you are hitting a corner hard) a enjoy the yoke much more than a wheel for straight driving. The positioning is just a lot more natural to me.
To be clear I'm a fan of the yoke design in general, too. I just wish it came with variable ratio steering.

That and I wish they moved at least some of the functions to physical buttons or paddles. At a minimum the turn signal should be L/R paddles (similar to shifters on an F1 car). Capacitive buttons for critical functions is pretty silly.

i’ve been driving the S plaid since Sept. and i have had no problems with u-turns or any other maneuver at all. i’m not saying it’s perfect but once you get over the phantom grabs, which was a few days for me, i see no downside other than those stupid blinkers. try turn on your blinker when you have to make a quick left->right turn. not happening. and horn is stupid as well.
At least they're fixing the horn soon. I hope those that have the existing yoke will be offered retrofits.

But like I said, a yoke shape is *screaming* for some sort of paddles on the back of it for stuff like blinkers and/or PNDR.

Reactions: BamaATL
Somebodybin Raleigh NC selling their X for a crazy amount. This is where I’m supposed to take delivery 😂😡
C45DB774-91FC-4FDC-9D04-76B28E1DF30A.png

Once you have a VIN in your account, don’t read too much into it.

Once you have a VIN plus an EDD, don’t read too much into it.

Once you have a VIN plus an EDD and it’s on the lot, don’t read too much into it.

Once you are driving it, you have definitely paid for it, and you own it, BUT you may not keep it... (see below...)
Once you schedule the service appoint, You immediately have to drive it to the service shop for adjusting everything so that it actually works! It will be in the service shop for an unknown length of time! 😁

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
So you think that prioritizing customers who spent more and provide higher margins even if they just ordered a month ago, versus someone who has been waiting close to a year is normal practice? I get that they've been doing it for a long time, but that still doesn't make it right. It's not illegal but it's definitely shady and will come back to bite them once competition catches up and people get tired of their little schtick.
I do indeed. That is what they do. I don't LIKE it, but It is what they said they were going to do. If you want one quick(er), you need to cancel and order a six passenger plaid and pay the new higher price. If you do not want to play their games, you should just cancel and go on with your life. This is my fourth Tesla. Nothing has changed. You kinda get used to it.

It is a very high demand product and right now it is a sellers market, especially for the S and X since production was stopped for nearly a year. You can complain, whine and gnash your teeth. But that will not speed up your delivery. Every month that flips over is another chance to goose my trade-in value (again). If I took delivery of anything now, it probably would be a 2021 that has been parked outside for six months. My five passenger will be a year newer by the time I get it. As far as anyone can tell, none have been produced yet. Once they get the Model Y moved to Austin, that should free up capacity to make more X and S, at least that is what my feeble mind is suggesting.

FWIW - I ordered in June, Plaid/White/White/20"/FSD/6-seat. Was just assigned a VIN and a Feb 17-21 delivery window this morning. It's on its way to the DC area, but I am enjoying my Model S Plaid so much I'm actually debating whether to accept delivery or put it on hold and decide later whether I really want the X.
Same exact spec. Placed order in early Jan ‘21.

Crickets so far…

Yes and no. Might free up some personnel but IIRC 3/Y are on a manufacturing line in Fremont than S/X.
That was my point. If they move the the lions share of Model Y to Austin, theoretically there will be space available for more X. In the quarterly conference call, Elon said domestic Model Y would coming out of Austin in the next month or two. Again, I am mostly making this stuff up, but I expect there will always be Y and 3 production in Fremont. They have International markets to fill. Fremont is closer to International shipping, beats me. I am sure they have very smart folks in logistics.