Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O, forgive me Father @Stro as I have Vinned!

Finally a vin appeared! No change in the etd as of yet! Vin: 7SAXCBE6XNF3324xx

Plaid; white/white; 20”; FSD. Central IL. Ordered in Jan ‘21.

Delivery window is still 2/9-2/27

Let the real waiting begin!

Holy cow, my Midwest brother! Hopefully that means they are coming my way soon!

I have a Plaid X being delivered 2/16. I received a text three weeks ago asking me to switch from the 5 seat version to the 6 seat in exchange for a $6500 credit. My MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) does not reflect that credit. I texted the rep and she said the MVPA will not change and reflects any credits due me. I've read on here that the credit does not appear until 3 days prior to delivery. Is it possible my rep is mistaken or doesn't know how Tesla is handling these credits?

Just make sure you have it in writing.

Just got a delivery window today on the app only for Feb 21 - March 14, 2022.

Ordered Feb 08, 2021 as an LR 5 seat changed to 6 seat Nov 1 Red/Cream 20” FSS

Now trying to figure out if I should trade, keep or sell my flawless 2018 Red/Cream Model X 5 seat 20” FSS with 17,500 miles on it I got from Tesla as a temporary car. I like it very much and it is so similar to the new one and way less $$! It carries all my freight, passengers and my double bass so well.

While I love all the improvements on the new X I am not sure the non folding 6 seat setup will work, especially for the 80” long bass. No demo units to check out to be sure, so might have to bring it to the delivery event and see if I can accept the new one! A lot will depend on what Tesla offers for my trade and the sales tax credit.

First world problem. What would you guys do?

Now trying to figure out if I should trade, keep or sell my flawless 2018 Red/Cream Model X 5 seat 20” FSS with 17,500 miles on it I got from Tesla as a temporary car. I like it very much and it is so similar to the new one and way less $$! It carries all my freight, passengers and my double bass so well.

You answered your own question. Keep what you got 😉

Outside of the anomalies (which there are many), I feel like we are still in the late-Jan/Feb order date deliveries of LR. For those of us in May, it seems like the delivery is FAR away. We just don’t know the production or delivery rate to get any kind of estimate besides “not anytime soon”.

I know I am not saying anything new but just venting.

It is a great Morning ! Finallly FInally a delivery window time frame. I know this changes but this is a positive sign.
South Florida finally!
ORDERED JULY 10TH LR BLACK/CREAM - ORG 5 - CHANGED TO 6 SEAT OCT 18TH- 2OIN FSD
1644063458218.png

While I love all the improvements on the new X I am not sure the non folding 6 seat setup will work, especially for the 80” long bass. No demo units to check out to be sure, so might have to bring it to the delivery event and see if I can accept the new one! A lot will depend on what Tesla offers for my trade and the sales tax credit.

Talk to @gglockner he’s in a very similar situation

Outside of the anomalies (which there are many), I feel like we are still in the late-Jan/Feb order date deliveries of LR. For those of us in May, it seems like the delivery is FAR away. We just don’t know the production or delivery rate to get any kind of estimate besides “not anytime soon”.

I know I am not saying anything new but just venting.
Well if you are 5/7 we are still faaaaaaaar away because even 2020 orders are still queued for those :(.

It’s frustrating because tesla (and others in the blogosphere and even here) act like the 6 seat is the superior more premium model. Same with the Plaid.. a bunch of us here that ordered 5/7 seat can easily afford the 6 or even the plaid, but it’s not what we want or what we need.

I want maximum range, I want maximum storage. I want to tow stuff and carry stuff every week.

Last edited:
Vin arrived!!! White , black 6 seater and 20” rims. Problem is I just got my 22 MS too. Will probably sell this if someone is interested. Being delivered in NY in 2 weeks
Hopefully this means my April order in NJ will get a vin soon too…. Although I’m not holding my breath….. if you had the white interior I would be interested, but I can’t do the black.

I would not overcomplicate it.
Tell them ahead of time your rationale for ordering the 5 seat.
Bring the double bass with you. When you put it in the X you will know immediately if it works and how easily if it does. Better yet, if anyone with any year 6 seater lives nearby you could try it that way.

Reactions: UCF3 and gglockner
Well if you are 5/7 we are still faaaaaaaar away because even 2020 orders are still queued for those :(.

It’s frustrating because tesla (and others in the blogosphere and even here) act like the 6 seat is the superior more premium model. Same with the Plaid.. a bunch of us here that ordered 5/7 seat can easily afford the 6 or even the plaid, but it’s not what we want or what we need.

I want maximum range, I want maximum storage. I want to tow stuff and carry stuff every week.
I have not read every post in this thread but easily 90%.
The pattern seems to be partially when you ordered but mostly whether it was a 6 Seater.
Have there been any 5 or 7 seaters delivered anywhere?

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Have there been any 5 or 7 seaters delivered anywhere?
We haven't seen any delivered but we have confirmed the existence of both. Others have spotted 5 and 7 seaters in showrooms.

In other words we know that Tesla can produce them, they are just choosing not to.

My guess - as long as they continue to call 5/7 seat Plaid orders and offer free "upgrades" to 6, they wont even consider shipping the 5/7 seat LR.