Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those waiting - it’ll be worth it.

FE825066-38DA-4C91-8957-81C6F9502ECA.jpeg
A7FF78E9-E5C9-4882-92AD-48A1B3F802D6.jpeg

Well, ladies and gentlemen,

After many chats with various Tesla employees today, they’ve promise me it’s officially my car. They could not remove FSD without increasing my price to current pricing but that’s ok. Payment has been made. Insurance re-issued (as I had this VIN before it was taken back), and trade-in removed (taking it to carmax myself).

I just have to wait for a message to schedule my pickup. Based on others experience here, this could take some time. I’ve verified my car is in San Antonio still and I’m in Houston. I’ll happily fly to San Antonio to pick it up on the way back from VA next week. But I won’t truly believe it’s mine until I’m sitting in it and I’ve driven off the SC parking lot (no Tesla dealers allowed in Texas).
Stro, first let me say how happy I am that you’re finally getting your car. I hope the final steps go smoothly and the car is in mint condition and you never see the service center for years to come.

Now that, that is out of the way I feel furious for you, that they will not remove FSD without increasing your pricing. I know you don’t wanna have this fight with them, and you’re going to keep FSD. But I think it’s Tesla bullshit. That is simply a management call. One just needs the right person with the right authorization to override that condition. These jokers who make it sound as if the computer system is the Hal 9000 and can never be overridden don’t know how corporate computer systems work. All rules can be changed by those at the right level of authority.
When I was having my Tesla solar panels installed National Grid came in at the last minute and stated a new transformer needed to be installed on the pole outside from my home, and National Grid told me that I had to pay for it. It was an additional $7,000 which I did not have to give them. I escalated this up the chain of command at Tesla power until finally I got a Director who could sign off that they were paying the $7000 not me. My video goes into detail about how this happened, and how it was resolved. Again I know you don’t want to fight this fight and I don’t blame you. But others should know that they can and should fight this kind of nonsense when it arises. I find this whole you can’t change your configuration without having your price increased and losing your place in line to be complete bullshit, when those who were called in October and agreed to change to a six seat configuration also were able to make other modifications they had wanted to make without getting the increased price or losing their place in line, as if there was a place in line. They did have to pay the increase cost for their modification, such as more expensive paint, more expensive wheels. So if those changes could be made by the person on the phone handling the configuration change Tesla wants from five seat or seven seat to six seat than obviously modifications can be made. Tesla just has to want to make them.

Again Stro, I wish you all the best and I hope everything works out!

Some good news(perhaps) for EU VINners-in-waiting!!
The Model S thread has pictures of a refresh MX being tested Norway and there is even an updated CCS port on the model. An SA even spoke of June MS deliveries starting in Norway apparently. Speculation, misinformation?? At this point any glimmer is good news for us 😬!!
Happy weekend All!

I only know where it is because they told me last time they VIN'ned me. They had scheduled for a person in San Antonio to get it. Since that failed, it's still sitting there.
I'm stopping by the SA SC (less than a mile from where I live) this weekend to check out my car as I await delivery next week. More than happy to take some pics of your X if it 's on the main lot. Let me know!

• Informative
Reactions: Stro
Still out of the country but just as a promised update, a friend was able to take delivery of my plaid X which arrived with three days notice. I caved and used Tesla financing to expedite these very complicated proceedings from afar. Went against all advice and transferred funds for the down payment before I left, really had no choice other than to let it go….Not a happy X buyer….Delivery was actually on time and I was able to find Wi-Fi in Egypt long enough to log into the app after several tries and unlock my new X’ doors remotely which was the key delivery step. Key cards inside and a pair of unmatched remotes. Seriously. The doors looked aligned but there were some trim scratches and scuffs that need replacing and buffing. I instructed my friend to leave the car for them to do the necessary repairs which caused a good deal of laughter at my stupid customer service expectations. Basically, forget that , make a service appointment on the app like everyone else and goodbye until we say you can bring it back for service. So I made a service appointment like I was told and my friend took the car home.. Apparently the thought of them taking care of delivery issues by leaving the car with them was hilarious.. I personally didn’t find it very amusing…. So got on the app and set up my appointment as I was told and made arrangements to have the car taken in while I was gone . 3 days later I received an “update” from my Tesla service Team moving my appointment by a week for absolutely no stated reason. Take it or leave it.. So I did as I was told and arranged for the car to be taken in on the new day by another friend.. Today I received another “update” from my friends on my Tesla Service Team moving my appointment to February 23 for my convenience….. no one to call or complain to, just do what they say and be happy they lower themselves to dealing with me at all. So I am anxiously awaiting my next update and or screwing by Tesla for my loyalty and 135K contribution to their success. It just keeps getting better and better. At least Stroh is getting his car….

Well, ladies and gentlemen,

After many chats with various Tesla employees today, they’ve promise me it’s officially my car. They could not remove FSD without increasing my price to current pricing but that’s ok. Payment has been made. Insurance re-issued (as I had this VIN before it was taken back), and trade-in removed (taking it to carmax myself).

I just have to wait for a message to schedule my pickup. Based on others experience here, this could take some time. I’ve verified my car is in San Antonio still and I’m in Houston. I’ll happily fly to San Antonio to pick it up on the way back from VA next week. But I won’t truly believe it’s mine until I’m sitting in it and I’ve driven off the SC parking lot (no Tesla dealers allowed in Texas).
Congratulations Stroh. A fellow Texan and forum anchor finally getting his X . Mine has been a complete fiasco, but better than no car!

First off, Congrats! Again!

Second, we have the same dealership limitation here in Oklahoma. When I ordered my car I had to select Kansas City as my pickup location. I'm guessing I could do home delivery but am nervous about doing that if I have to reject the car. How do you have it sent to an SC? We have one in Tulsa.
That’s how deliveries work here in Texas. And if you live within a specific distance from your delivery SC, they can even do a home delivery.

Reactions: retco
Congratulations Stroh. A fellow Texan and forum anchor finally getting his X . Mine has been a complete fiasco, but better than no car!
Congratulations. First time poster. Can I get some advise on when to send payment? I have VIN. Delivery window of Feb 20-24, but no delivery appointment yet. I have everything completed but payment and Tesla is suggesting I send payment. Is now the time to send payment or do I wait until I have specific delivery appointment? Don’t want to cause delay by not paying but also don’t want to be loose with $145k by just sending it over with no car to pick up yet. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
2022 black/black plaid, 22, FSD.

Congratulations. First time poster. Can I get some advise on when to send payment? I have VIN. Delivery window of Feb 20-24, but no delivery appointment yet. I have everything completed but payment and Tesla is suggesting I send payment. Is now the time to send payment or do I wait until I have specific delivery appointment? Don’t want to cause delay by not paying but also don’t want to be loose with $145k by just sending it over with no car to pick up yet. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
2022 black/black plaid, 22, FSD.
Where in Texas are you at? And as far as sending payment, I believe us Texans have no choice but to send payment before they can schedule transportation unless something has changed in the last four years. Other states have different rules but in Texas we are somewhat behind times when it comes to dealership laws.

Long time lurker..
Received our Blue MX LR dropped off at our house yesterday. Haven't decided to reject or not but leaning towards it.
Here's some pictures for anyone who wants reference.
Do you agree to reject?
It all looks fixable to me. But up to you. I’d probably just note everything wrong and schedule an appointment to get it all fixed

Where in Texas are you at? And as far as sending payment, I believe us Texans have no choice but to send payment before they can schedule transportation unless something has changed in the last four years. Other states have different rules but in Texas we are somewhat behind times when it comes to dealership laws.
I live between Houston/Austin. Houston will be my pick up.

Reactions: Stro