Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called this number. My app says 02/28 - on the call center they said they show July lol and don't pay attention to app. Huh ?
Thanks for that number. I was able to reach someone who told me that the only information he has is July. No excuse, no reason, and really couldn’t have cared less. He couldn’t explain how my car that showed it was to be delivered as early as tomorrow suddenly went to July. I’ve read every post, and I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but for the largest purchase I’ve made outside of my home, it would be nice to be treated with a little more respect. I asked him if there’s any more information, and he said “you’re not the only one.” So thanks for making me feel even less special.

The real question is why did I even call?! Just a glutton for punishment.

I should cancel my order. That would be rational.

lets say you take delivery of this and document the gap. They try to fix later and can't and say it is within spec. Does the buyer have any recourse?

With one of my X they were never able to fully align a gap...they just said it was within spec. They said if they had to do more they would have to send to a body shop. I just relented and kept it as is and didn't really bother me. It was more from a resale perspective I wanted it fixed.

But, if I really wanted them to fix it and they couldn't...wouldn't I be kind of stuck? I can't lemon it for door alignment issues.
To add to this, I dropped mine off for alignment issues and air suspension warnings a week after receiving it. Got it back a week later during very heavy rain. When I got home and parked, I found a nice two inch dent on the rear trunk right on the upper crease edge. Definitely happened in service but since I didn’t see it when picking up they refused to cover it. Now I think very carefully about getting them to fix things like a slight 2mm alignment problem.

My understanding is that the MX has adaptive already — what was recently required to be approved (which I think is still pending DOT sign off) are matrix headlights. Perhaps someone can confirm?
I’m not sure of the terminology but that sounds about right. I don’t believe the matrix is active yet in the US but even still you can see the improvement and difference on and dark road.

That’s a good price. I would gladly drop that much for that result.
Looks really great & priced right...... Is the body color change wrap just cosmetic? Or is it a PPF protection film? It makes a huge difference, both in pricing & what it accomplishes. I'm strictly into PPF because of the lasting power of protection it offers & puting Ceramic coating over it has made my 2018 looking new & fresh...

Last edited:
Thanks for that number. I was able to reach someone who told me that the only information he has is July. No excuse, no reason, and really couldn’t have cared less. He couldn’t explain how my car that showed it was to be delivered as early as tomorrow suddenly went to July. I’ve read every post, and I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but for the largest purchase I’ve made outside of my home, it would be nice to be treated with a little more respect. I asked him if there’s any more information, and he said “you’re not the only one.” So thanks for making me feel even less special.

The real question is why did I even call?! Just a glutton for punishment.

I should cancel my order. That would be rational.

Perhaps the SC that got it found so many pre-inspection issues that they knew nobody would accept it as is.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I also feel $20k+ for a plaid, esp compared to the pre price-hike LR price, if not using that performance regularly is hard to justify. Besides range, carbon fiber is also not something that appeals to me. I’m a fan of the use of the wood trim in this new X which helps gives it a more upscale touch and feel.

Since still no word on X 7 seater production, I’ve ordered a model 3 for my wife and I, and I’ll drive it till nov this year when her current ICE lease is up. That gives me another 8 or 9 months to get my X…w reasonably strong hope, and she will take over the 3 at that time. I have to admit, I’m a little nervous though to go from 2 ice cars to 2 ev’s only by the end of the year. Can’t wait to never get gas again though, esp w prices here in so cal for gas.

Very good point about labor. I run the tech side of a software company. It has been difficult not simply to replace employees, but to manage the knowledge/experience that walks out the door when an employee leaves. You don’t get that experience back when immediately replacing employees. It has a significant impact on quality. This I’m sure is not unique to the software space.
Inflation