Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sure hope so! +1 on this question.
Looking at our order sheet, it looks like for LRX 6 seaters at least, they are slowly approaching the point where order date to delivery dates are <1 year, and might hit that by end of quarter (aside from seemingly random unlucky people with older orders). However, once they start shipping 5/7 seaters that might slow down. The good thing is that the number of Jan\Feb '21 orders is really huge, so once they work through that backlog I think the time between order and delivery will start dropping substantially. The real question at that point is what is the production rate relative to new order rate. I would guess anyone ordering in the US now will have a pretty good chance of having the car before the end of the year, unless they REALLY delay on the 5/7 seaters.

My theory, based on nothing: My RN is designated for post retooling of the assembly line to get me the new headlights. Either that, or Tesla has no love for the Midwest. I have some serious FOMO, seeing all these July EDD's getting VIN's, as my EDD won't budge. So, maybe they are clearing out the dirt field and delivering everting they have already made before they start making the "refreshed refresh". Maybe I'm in the latter group.

On the other hand, I have no idea what the hoopla about the new headlights is all about and don't really think I care, do I?

My theory, based on nothing: My RN is designated for post retooling of the assembly line to get me the new headlights. Either that, or Tesla has no love for the Midwest. I have some serious FOMO, seeing all these July EDD's getting VIN's, as my EDD won't budge. So, maybe they are clearing out the dirt field and delivering everting they have already made before they start making the "refreshed refresh". Maybe I'm in the latter group.

On the other hand, I have no idea what the hoopla about the new headlights is all about and don't really think I care, do I?
I’m Midwest too!!

In my opinion the new LED matrix headlights are worth caring about.
Here is a sub 3 minute video that gives an overview of what they do (these are not the Tesla version).

In my opinion the new LED matrix headlights are worth caring about.
Here is a sub 3 minute video that gives an overview of what they do (these are not the Tesla version).

Ok well that’s pretty cool! I didn’t have a full understanding of how these things worked and now I have something else to wish I had but don’t. 😁 Slowly learning that we can all make ourselves crazy with this stuff though. Trying to remember how lucky I felt to be getting the refresh X at a much lower price than most!

Ok well that’s pretty cool! I didn’t have a full understanding of how these things worked and now I have something else to wish I had but don’t. 😁 Slowly learning that we can all make ourselves crazy with this stuff though. Trying to remember how lucky I felt to be getting the refresh X at a much lower price than most!
That's one of the things that keeps me going... I am paying 15K less for this.... It's like having instant equity on a depreciating asset which is unheard of.

Greetings from the multi-thousand-page Model S waiting room thread to this multi-thousand-page one! My buddy is picking up an X Plaid tomorrow and I'm going to be there with him. As much as I'd love to read up on the past pages here to get the full scoop, I just don't have the time - is there anyone who can summarize the top few things specific to the refresh X to watch out for upon delivery? I don't need an exhaustive list, nor will I be busting out a micrometer to measure gap widths, just 2-5 big things to look out for. Thanks!

Reactions: dhuff
Greetings from the multi-thousand-page Model S waiting room thread to this multi-thousand-page one! My buddy is picking up an X Plaid tomorrow and I'm going to be there with him. As much as I'd love to read up on the past pages here to get the full scoop, I just don't have the time - is there anyone who can summarize the top few things specific to the refresh X to watch out for upon delivery? I don't need an exhaustive list, nor will I be busting out a micrometer to measure gap widths, just 2-5 big things to look out for. Thanks!

1. FWD alignment. Look for rubbing against paint or plastic.

2. Paint - we've seen deep scratches, over spray, drips and orange peel.

3. Cracked glass and shipping damage.

4. Missing parts (22 inch wheel covers), tow parts, floor mats.

5. Trunk alignment.

Looking at our order sheet, it looks like for LRX 6 seaters at least, they are slowly approaching the point where order date to delivery dates are <1 year, and might hit that by end of quarter (aside from seemingly random unlucky people with older orders). However, once they start shipping 5/7 seaters that might slow down. The good thing is that the number of Jan\Feb '21 orders is really huge, so once they work through that backlog I think the time between order and delivery will start dropping substantially. The real question at that point is what is the production rate relative to new order rate. I would guess anyone ordering in the US now will have a pretty good chance of having the car before the end of the year, unless they REALLY delay on the 5/7 seaters.
I ordered 3/1 OG 6seat LR... July 😭

Reactions: 1pinhigh
View attachment 772309

Just got it ceramic coated. Tint and painting the calipers later this week.
Looks really nice! Did you get the front windshield tinted? If so what percentage. I'm considering tinting the front windshield along with the rest when I get my ride. Anyone else have any comments on the positives or negatives of tinting the front windshield. - other that the obvious "it blocks the sunlight" :) I'm curious if it shows less smudges on the interior glass.

Looks really nice! Did you get the front windshield tinted? If so what percentage. I'm considering tinting the front windshield along with the rest when I get my ride. Anyone else have any comments on the positives or negatives of tinting the front windshield. - other that the obvious "it blocks the sunlight" :) I'm curious if it shows less smudges on the interior glass.
It does look great! Which ceramic coating did you go with and how much was it? ty