Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Me again with the unpopular opinions :)

I hope the X does not get the new tail lights...
I believe the black bar spanning left to right adds appeal and personality. Removing the black bar makes it look a little more... average.
Also the less defined spoiler makes it look like an M3

View attachment 772298MX Refresh tail design
View attachment 772300MS Refresh with old tail design
View attachment 772297 New tail design
I keep on going back to these pictures and wonder why they got rid of the signature black bar. Looks terrible. One thing I would like (but know it wouldn't happen) is if they opened the passenger side to a CCS charger while retaining the Tesla outlet on the driver's side - it would eliminate needing to carry around a bunch of adaptors as well as make it safer to charge if parallel parked on a street.

Same here. Tried pen fen and other credit union prior for cheaper rates. I am 1099, they asked for 2 year's tax return, and the rates wasn't as promised - at least for me
They can fly a kite
- Tesla asked for 0 docs
Never apply for credit under self employed. Always say work for your company. Less risk in a loaners eyes.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Never apply for credit under self employed. Always say work for your company. Less risk in a loaners eyes.
Yup, I learned this the hard way

I never thought I can finagle a credit application stating I am employed instead of self-employed, I keep thinking they are like mortgages who do extensive amount of digging, first time buying didnt really know the protocol

If anyone here has decided to buy some other Tesla while I wait for the model X, please raise your hand. I am looking at some inventory model Y options. I have no idea if their pricing is good or if it even makes sense.
I did this. Bought an inventory MY in August 2021. Wife and I were already down to one car and it just wasn’t working. So I pulled the trigger on a MY and don’t regret it. Prices have gone up on that since I bought it and don’t mind the ride. Already know I can trade it in for maybe a little more than I paid for it. Lord knows when my MX will arrive.

Edit: I think it really depends on how bad you need a car now. We needed one and an ICE car was not in the cards. It was Tesla or nothing. I think M3 is too small and the MY is perfect until the MX arrives.

Is the home charger worth it ? Or use the NEMA 1450 And call it a day?

Depends on …
- Do you already have an outlet installed
- How many amps is the outlet you have or how many amps you can support if you need to run a new line
- Do you plan to ever charge non-Tesla vehicles.

For me, I already had a 30amp 14-30 installed in garage. 14-30 Adapter and mounted mobile charger was best for me. Wall charger didn’t buy me anything.

If I had a 60 amp circuit I would have gotten the wall charger.

Reactions: 1pinhigh and ShadX