Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the home charger worth it ? Or use the NEMA 1450 And call it a day?
When i got my M3 i installed a 14-50 because i could do it myself for $100, and didn't seem worth the extra money for a Wall Connector. That worked perfectly fine for years, but now I will have a second car for my wife, and I don't have room in the panel for a separate circuit, so I decided to swap out the 14-50 with a load center and two branch circuits to Wall Connectors, and use their power sharing features. The only wrinkle in the plan is that Tesla sent me a defective Wall Connector. It has now been over 2 months since i requested a replacement and have heard nothing back from them. I eventually requested a chargeback from my CC, so I have the money back, but now I'm hesitant to order another one and have to deal with their crap if it is defective again. Does anyone know if you can buy them in person from a SC?

Day one reservation holder. I had a LR 5 seater that had a EDD of july. Could not wait that long. 3 days ago switched to 6 seater and now picking the car up next week. I'm in central NJ
You placed brand new order or you called and had them switch your original order to 6 seater?? I have my 7 seater order and placed a new 6 seater order, both LR, to see which comes first. July for 7 and January 2023 for the 6 seater thus far

When i got my M3 i installed a 14-50 because i could do it myself for $100, and didn't seem worth the extra money for a Wall Connector. That worked perfectly fine for years, but now I will have a second car for my wife, and I don't have room in the panel for a separate circuit, so I decided to swap out the 14-50 with a load center and two branch circuits to Wall Connectors, and use their power sharing features. The only wrinkle in the plan is that Tesla sent me a defective Wall Connector. It has now been over 2 months since i requested a replacement and have heard nothing back from them. I eventually requested a chargeback from my CC, so I have the money back, but now I'm hesitant to order another one and have to deal with their crap if it is defective again. Does anyone know if you can buy them in person from a SC?
dont think you can anymore. Back in 2017 when i got my first one they had everything on the website like T-shirts and mugs and the WC in the showrooms. Now i dont think they sell anything

Is the home charger worth it ? Or use the NEMA 1450 And call it a day?
I actually ended up doing both.

First I had a nema 14-50 outlet installed and picked up a used 1st gen mobile connector so I can get the full 40amp and to have an additional charger at home and keep the one in the car.

Then my uncle sold his Tesla and gave me his gen 3 wall connector. I didn’t feel like re-wiring and changing the breaker to 60 so I just converted the wall charger to Nema 14-50 connection which was surprisingly easy and took me all of 30 minutes

So now I just have the wall charger plugged in to a Nema 14-50 outlet… but no car to test it with lol…. You should stop by my house and plug in when you get your car this week so I can test the charger 🤪

01DF5BF6-EB2B-4914-B7C8-5AF740361F5F.jpeg

I bought a wall charger a few months back from the SC in Schaumburg, IL

Hello, new to the group. Purchased MX Feb 21/2021 LR, Blue, 22”, Black interior 6 seater. In the last 16 days, my EDD has changed 4 times.
April>July>Feb 23-Mar19>July.
I received a text from Tesla a few days ago asking about trading in, which I declined.
Anyone else get this lovely surprise? Just about ready to get off this rollercoaster of emotions.

Reactions: MusingLee
Well, here’s a little dagger to the heart. I’m pushing about 14 months since my initial order. For those that care, I ordered my model X before the refresh announcement. I was working with a sales advisor with whom I got frustrated. He took my frustration to mean that I wanted to cancel my order and went ahead and canceled it without my authorization. I lost almost 6 months in the waiting line because of it. Had to re-order in May of last year.

Meanwhile, I came out to the St. Louis Tesla service Center to look at a model Y. I’ve never been in one. I pulled up and saw multiple Plaid Model X’s sitting in the parking lot. Un*f’ing believable. These cars are not having any trouble making their way to the Midwest. I just got hosed by my last sales advisor who is no longer with Tesla.

Really bummed out about this.

Very well said. Maybe add another point:

Tesla proactively made their own forum read only early last year, anticipating the backlash they knew they would cause with all the aforementioned tactics (ie, they knew their timelines were false, yet they fed them to customers anyhow to keep them captive and to prevent cancellations).
Great observation.

Hmm, so you're saying that Tesla "responded" to your Wall Connector just like they are responding to MX orders? I'm shocked...

• Funny
Reactions: Stro