Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the way back from dropping off the kids this morning, I noticed what looked like a snake bite on my windshield. I got out of the car to inspect it and they were tiny little chips next to each other. I immediately took my car to Safelite (windshield glass fixing place) and asked for them to fix it. They took a look and said it was too small and to shallow to be fixed. I only see it when the sun hits them right. But still... now I'm worried that they'll spread and I'll have to fork over 2400 bucks to fix it.
Lots of PPF installers put clear pex on windshields (basically a PPF for the windshield) I will be looking into it

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
Not sure if anyone has posted these yet but I just ordered these all weather mats from Tesmanian. Best looking/best covering ones I've seen online for the refresh. Only negative is it doesn't look like they will be in until May

Tesla Model X AccessoriesView attachment 775322

These look awesome! too bad they aren't available until May right when the weather is nice and they aren't needed as much.... I am still going to order them though, I agree they are the best looking I have seen.

Well newer ones come with the newer tail lights/charge ports, but not headlights.
If the headlights change soon, might be worth holding off.
20220228_121535.jpg
20220228_121524.jpg

I feel the opposite... I only come on this forum for this thread so I appreciate those who stick around and keep us posted on what's going on with their car and what they are discovering or encountering as they go. Not only is it really helpful for me to keep in mind for when I get mine... It's also a welcome distraction to the torture of waiting. So for those of you who have stuck with us poor saps here despite having your cars, a hearty Thank you!

P.S. if it wasn't for those posts you would just have a bunch of posts about dates getting moved and pushed, with a few deliveries sprinkled in but few and far between.
I’ll have to agree

I’ve learned numerous things on this tread that would‘ve taken me months to experience otherwise. For that I’m gratefu.

btw - delivery is scheduled for tomorrow 🤞

After 1+ year of wait we took delivery today of our MX Plaid. Only issue is the missing wheel inserts which Tesla already set a mobile appointment for. Wife is happy which means for now all is good.

I've driven my fair share of fast cars and this for a street legal car is on a different level when it comes to acceleration. Interior build quality is good and car IMHO justifies the price tag and Tesla waiting issues.

Happy to answer any questions etc.

Hoping everyone gets their VINS soon and delivery is flawless!

Attachments

• TS1.jpg
    TS1.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 101
  • TS2.jpg
    TS2.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 98
  • TS3.jpg
    TS3.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 98
  • TS4.jpg
    TS4.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 103
After 1+ year of wait we took delivery today of our MX Plaid. Only issue is the missing wheel inserts which Tesla already set a mobile appointment for. Wife is happy which means for now all is good.

I've driven my fair share of fast cars and this for a street legal car is on a different level when it comes to acceleration. Interior build quality is good and car IMHO justifies the price tag and Tesla waiting issues.

Best color combo for an X.

No new charge port?

Reactions: NashvilleX

build date?

With my sister and plan to take some pictures of them together. But mine is missing the covers on wheel and hers isn’t. Here is the picture of them up close. Undecided on which I like more. Thoughts?
View attachment 775282View attachment 775283

There have been numerous people that said they didn't get the wheel inserts, but ended up finding them in a box in the frunk. SC are supposed to install, but sometimes don't. I personally like it without the inserts.

If you have a 6 seater on order hang in there a little longer... They are probably going to make a big push by the end of March... It looks like they are starting with East coast and mid west folks first because it takes longer to ship cars out there.... but I'm sure there will be a flurry of deliveries in Cali towards the end of March..... now if you have a 5/7 seater then disregard all of that lol. Proceed with your plans.
This. 1.16.21 order. Fremont delivery. Got a date range of 3/9-3/31 last night, my second time before going back to July. I believe it this time after watching others out East getting them.

Funny bc I’m in the middle of a burnout retreat outside San Diego and, for the first time, I felt no emotion checking the app and seeing any EDD. It’ll come sometime. Retreat must be working.

I fill up to 80% (252 miles at 80% and 314 miles at 100%). The average temperature here for the past week has been in the high 40s when I’m driving. My car is stored in a garage. For a 11-mile commute to the school it sucks up 12. So, it’s not bad. Last night I went out to meet friends for dinner and it was about a 52-mile drive. It consumed 54. Vast majority of that 52-mile drive was on Navigate on Autopilot, if that tells you anything.

Why only 314 miles at 100%? Even with 22" wheels it should be 332.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
What is the superiority of the new matrix headlights vs the old reflector headlights, this was probably discussed in-depth some 100 pages back that I missed. I have a 2022 MY which was manufactured in late December 2021 that I missed the boat on with the new headlights. If we’re talking only brightness, I have a 5 minute drive into my neighborhood that is quite dark and I find the non matrix headlights on my Y hella bright, and gets even more bright when the auto high beams switch on periodically. So I find myself in a bit of a head scratcher moment when folks are waiting for the new headlight when all this time I thought the current headlights are the best things ever! Lol

Reactions: SomeJoe7777
Well newer ones come with the newer tail lights/charge ports, but not headlights.
If the headlights change soon, might be worth holding off. View attachment 775333View attachment 775334
Is it just me or those taillights really don’t look that different! The X still has the bar across the back into the lights. I would say the new vs old taillights are almost impossible to discern… What does everyone else think?