Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welll, it’s day 4 of being back on July lol.

Admittedly maybe I jumped the gun. But when they moved me to a March 18-31 window I thought “it’s time!”. I sold my trade vehicle (because a local dealership offered 6k more, and I moved money around to make the cash payment.
Now I’m back to July, and was hopeful that it was just a glitch before a vin was assigned, but after 4 days I’m losing hope that’s the case.
Although, we’re nowhere near that original date range yet anyway. So I suppose it could still happen.
The issue isn’t the wait, The issue is the date was moved and I thought it was going to be solid. While others were having constant date changes daily mine stayed the same for over a week.

In other news, I found a 2022 model X for rent on Turo in Charlotte. Definitely thinking about going and giving myself a test drive before mine comes in.
I’m in the same boat, so frustrating. Tesla dangles that date range in front of us then rips it out 🤬.

July seems to be a placeholder.. Isn’t it odd that almost everyone that doesn’t have a date range says July ? No one’s EDD is April or may or June ? It’s implying they wouldn’t deliver cars for 3 months. No way that’s right.

Reactions: retco
Tesla dangles that date range in front of us then rips it out 🤬.
sopranos.png

• Funny
Reactions: Stro

Thank god. Another priority list I'm on. Anxiously awaiting for them to push me from July to August as a result.

I don't get the goo-goo & ga-ga over the matrix headlights. I can virtually guarantee that those are going to be a disappointment. Here's how that's going to go:
  • At some point matrix headlights will be present in new builds, but there will be no software support for them. They will operate low-beam/high-beam just like regular headlights. It'll be this way for 6 months. And, since the matrix headlights are not designed to really operate in a "low-beam" mode, their light output will be inferior to the older standard headlights when in low-beam.
  • Software will then be released that enables matrix mode as a "beta" feature, the operation of which will be several grades worse than useless. The current Auto High Beam feature with the regular headlights doesn't work well enough to actually use and never has, and having the software properly control a simple high/low setting for the headlights is a prerequisite for making the matrix headlights work. Since Tesla can't make the Auto High Beam work, it's logical fallacy to assume they can make matrix headlights work.
  • 2 Years after release, they'll have software that maybe works acceptably in a limited set of conditions. At this point they will stop software development. Meanwhile, other manufacturers will have perfectly working matrix headlights that they've been shipping for 2 years.
This is the same thing as FSD. Navigate on Autopilot still doesn't work in any way that's useful (3 years after it's initial release), and making it work is a prerequisite for making FSD work. At least FSD is an option and you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. For the matrix headlights, you'll just be stuck with them.

I'm picking up my X on the 14th, and I'm actually dreading the appointment. There is no excitement, no anticipation, and no happiness -- just fear. I can tell right now it's going to have flaws, Tesla is going to give me a hard time about fixing them, and this is after they've ruined the entire purchase experience already. I still have no SA that has ever contacted me, I've been talked down to by more than one employee, and I was told on the phone that I wasn't allowed to pick up the vehicle at the service center, that I was required to use home delivery. I forced them to reverse that, and the delivery is now at the service center, where I'm sure I will get chastised some more for whatever reason. They gave me a ridiculously low offer for my M3P ($36,000), and I had no choice but to take it because there's now not enough time to do anything else.

Worst company to deal with in the entire world, and that's on a list that includes Comcast and AT&T.
You should cancel and buy you a BMW. You’ll probably be a much happier person.

I just received a text message from Tesla for my model x 5 seats:

Hello,

Your estimated delivery time is below.

March 11 - March 31

When a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment.

Thank you,
Tesla Delivery

Attachments

• 65DDDCD5-0C3D-4BC4-88DE-91F6904FF90E.png
    65DDDCD5-0C3D-4BC4-88DE-91F6904FF90E.png
    430 KB · Views: 164
  • 9071D273-580D-420C-B3C3-6916CEB394FB.png
    9071D273-580D-420C-B3C3-6916CEB394FB.png
    488.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Not presently. We’ll pick up in Cincinnati. That said the store is presently under construction. It’s going into the old Harley

If you try to remove it now it will reset to new pricing so I hope that you really do want it.
Just to be clear - If I already removed the FSD that I paid 10K for and now select the add FSD button, it gives it back to you for 10K not 12K???

I had bought mats from company below. I do not recommend them. They do not fit to my liking. FYI

Here are some pictures with the floor mats installed. I still don’t recommend but you can decide for yourself looking at pictures.

Attachments

• 0F667D45-162C-4574-8DD8-ED1549BB1D4B.jpeg
    0F667D45-162C-4574-8DD8-ED1549BB1D4B.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 466A31EB-22CC-46B2-AB69-3C0564D6D338.jpeg
    466A31EB-22CC-46B2-AB69-3C0564D6D338.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 3FB6876E-E6BB-4E05-9519-1FA34BA0C379.jpeg
    3FB6876E-E6BB-4E05-9519-1FA34BA0C379.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 49CE9F54-6B26-4E8F-B2AF-87FB1B6C9183.jpeg
    49CE9F54-6B26-4E8F-B2AF-87FB1B6C9183.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 589E1B9C-4068-4584-8CED-B46B3FD8F9E0.jpeg
    589E1B9C-4068-4584-8CED-B46B3FD8F9E0.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 72
  • F6F743B4-7B8C-4A6E-8464-1F6E7A559336.jpeg
    F6F743B4-7B8C-4A6E-8464-1F6E7A559336.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 75
I have that as well. I don't wanna loose that for sure. Thought about adding back in FSD for 10K if it would let me to speed up delivery of the car.

If you've removed it once before, you might run into issues. As @Stro said, it will warn you about the irrevocability of your decision before you can proceed with the changed config. Be careful because I think you can only remove it once.

Reactions: Stro
Picking up MX (hopefully) on Sunday.

Got a call this morning from Tesla asking me if I was willing to trade-in existing MYP. It's a little odd because I went down that road a few months ago with them and they only offered me $56k. Carmax offered $63k. I explained this to the rep and she wanted to do another evaluation/quote on the car. Said they were running "specials", whatever that means.

We'll see what they come back with this time.

It really seems odd that Tesla is that interested in taking trade-ins.
Tesla called me asking the same and also said their offers have increased quite. I told Ive heard too many horror stories about MXs arriving with issues so I will keep my truck until this car proves its not a lemon. He responded with “that‘s totally understandable.”

• Informative
Reactions: neo1738