Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just walk away at this point. You won’t be happy. Your car is probably worth more than that. Go find something else. Might take some time but not Tesla time.
Well… just got a message from Tesla that my service appointment set for Monday (14 March) has been moved to the 24th of March due to shortage of parts. Let this be a warning to those not rejecting some MXs thinking it’ll be a quick fix. This could take months.
I drove to my service center the day after I set my appointment and spoke to the service manager and asked him indicate in my appointment that I want the appointment to occur regardless of parts availability since most of what needs to be done at this stage is diagnosis. You might try that....

• Informative
Reactions: Stro
Does anyone knows how can I get an update MVPA?
I need to send it to the bank for the finance approval, the MVPA on my account is does not reflect the trade-in value or the financed portion.
Called and email my SA but like any other attempt in the last year I'm not getting any response. Called Tesla and they sent an email to my SA...

Well....I guess I'm not buying Tesla for their client service :)

Does anyone knows how can I get an update MVPA?
I need to send it to the bank for the finance approval, the MVPA on my account is does not reflect the trade-in value or the financed portion.
Called and email my SA but like any other attempt in the last year I'm not getting any response. Called Tesla and they sent an email to my SA...

Well....I guess I'm not buying Tesla for their client service :)
I called the 800 number and asked the guy to help me and he was able to knock it out. I can honestly say my SA was worthless throughout the process.

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Woke up to VIN and juice!!!!

Received a text this morning saying VIN has arrived and to complete my tasks. However, i believe this may be a 2021 VIN👀!

5YJXCBE52MF3274xx
This looks to be a field X. Check it well.
I’ve gone from eager to get my Vin from order in 6/21 to wanting to sandbag until refresh with matrix headlights is released. Anyone else?
same. Ordered early but don’t want to push or hurry anything either. The brighter headlights will serve this aging dude well in the coming years.

This looks to be a field X. Check it well.

same. Ordered early but don’t want to push or hurry anything either. The brighter headlights will serve this aging dude well in the coming years.
My thoughts exactly. I'm also curious if this was a rejected VIN. I'll find out on delivery day. If it's not right, it's going to be twice rejected! Just like me on prom night.

I have been sweating bullets reading this thread for the last year sure I was going to get a basket case car but have a happy ending story to tell for all of you who are nervous:

X Plaid Black 22" FSD 6 seat from the beginning.
Ordered: 5/30/21
VIN: 2/17/22. NF332XXX
Build Date: 2/22/22
Schedule Delivery Text: 3/2/22
Delivered: 3/10/22. Salt Lake City

Smooth process. Confirmation it passed inspection and was ready to go 24 hours prior. Disclosure of a small issue in a 3rd seat by SA. I was able to inspect and then paid on app. Immediate access to car in the app. Build quality is excellent inside and out with only one little impression/depression in the 3rd seat leather probably from seats being down during shipping. Panel gaps very good. FWD aligned well. No other issues. Usual Tesla paint job but above average for them. This is my 4th Tesla since 2013 and first my first X. Just home after a 200 mile drive and all is well.

Old charge port, headlights, taillights and no plaid badge.

There is hope.

You should cancel and buy you a BMW. You’ll probably be a much happier person.

I have never owned and will never own a BMW. I don't like them and never have.

You're about the third person that says I should just cancel. Kind of surprising, I thought there might be a few more people who would offer counterpoints to my complaints.

Really, no one wants to defend Tesla? Am I wrong about FSD, Auto High Beams, Auto Wipers, Nav on AP? Do those things work for others and just not for me? Or do I just not understand them?

How about an explanation or defense for being talked down to by employees? For no contact with an SA since my original order? For being told that I could not take delivery at a service center (total lie)? Are these simply anomalies that have given me a skewed view of the company, while everyone else has had great service?

It sounds like some people want me to cancel so that I would stop posting unpleasant truths here, so they can instead indulge in happy idealism. But if I'm wrong on these points, then change my mind. Convince me that my view is unjustified.

I have been sweating bullets reading this thread for the last year sure I was going to get a basket case car but have a happy ending story to tell for all of you who are nervous:

X Plaid Black 22" FSD 6 seat from the beginning.
Ordered: 5/30/21
VIN: 2/17/22. NF332XXX
Build Date: 2/22/22
Schedule Delivery Text: 3/2/22
Delivered: 3/10/22. Salt Lake City

Smooth process. Confirmation it passed inspection and was ready to go 24 hours prior. Disclosure of a small issue in a 3rd seat by SA. I was able to inspect and then paid on app. Immediate access to car in the app. Build quality is excellent inside and out with only one little impression/depression in the 3rd seat leather probably from seats being down during shipping. Panel gaps very good. FWD aligned well. No other issues. Usual Tesla paint job but above average for them. This is my 4th Tesla since 2013 and first my first X. Just home after a 200 mile drive and all is well.

Old charge port, headlights, taillights and no plaid badge.

There is hope.

Do you remember when you got a more precise range on your delivery times? (e.g from February to March X to Y). How much time in between the start of that range to an actual VIN?

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Do you remember when you got a more precise range on your delivery times? (e.g from February to March X to Y). How much time in between the start of that range to an actual VIN?
It was all over the place. Would go from a date range of about 14 days in Feb to "April" and then back to another set of random February days. Nothing foretold the VIN assignment. It was like drunk monkeys were punching on a computer terminal every morning and one day they randomly hit the "assign VIN key".