Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, what the mile per hour charge , it posted like 10 mile per hour more using the wall charger!!
My model Y on a 14-50, 240v @ 32 amp (7.7 kwh) charges at ~33 mph (i only have standard range that maxes at 32amps). At 40 amps you should get close to 40ish. The wall charger will get you in the mid 40s but generally you should never really need that as the difference is minimal at that point.

My model Y on a 14-50, 240v @ 32 amp (7.7 kwh) charges at ~33 mph (i only have standard range that maxes at 32amps). At 40 amps you should get close to 40ish. The wall charger will get you in the mid 40s but generally you should never really need that as the difference is minimal at that point.
No it won’t get close to that. 30 mph max for X on Level 2.

Does that have to be a digit between 0 and 9? Mine is simply "X". Does that mean its a place holder for a digit? I am not sure we could change any character of VIN once its issued. Correct me if I am wrong.
Honestly I’d be lying if I gave you an answer. I found a VIN decoder that says it can be any digit between 1-9 or A, B, C, or D, but a few folks have said they have 0 as well, so my guess is the X is just another placeholder.

Reactions: Sadach
Per tesla, the Y is much faster charging, i got the 14-50 with my X 2018 was giving me 30 mile or more, , hoping for at least 25 with the refresh.

If all of the info from the article comes from the online delivery calculator, I don't think they would deny it's profit/margin priority setting. 100% is. I don't have a problem with it personally as long as they simply come out and admit it. They are a publicly traded company, profits/margins will be 1 of the top priorities.

They have been doing this for a while. It took me 3 weeks to get my MYP in Sept. MYLR were taking many months. You could argue the demand was lower for MYP or that it was on another production line, but it's clearly about profit in my mind. But again, I would do the same thing most likely.
then why are 5 seaters getting VINs and my Plaid says July?
The wait is finally over!
thanks so much for the wonderful pics! Can you give us thoughts on how you feel about the car?

I'm currently renting a house temporarily so have to use a 14-50 charger. Previously I was using a Gen 1 or 2 Tesla wall charger at 80A (discontinued) as my X had dual chargers.

The 14-50 is plenty fast for my needs right now as it charges overnight. The only issue with the 14-50 is that it overheats and reduces amperage to stay cool. Happens every now and then. I also like how the cable on the mobile charger is much easier to throw around and wrap around than the original wall charger, its better on the updated one

Thanks, what the mile per hour charge , it posted like 10 mile per hour more using the wall charger!!
The last post was not entirely correct.

The Gen2 Mobile Charger that comes with all new Tesla's since 2018, uses with the Nema 14-50 plug, even with a 50A, or 60A breaker will provide only 32 Amps. 8KW tops. Any reference to Nema 14-50 providing 40A is related to the original Gen1 Mobile Charger, which will not arrive with this vehicle. You may find them on ebay.

The Wall Charger gives 48A, vs 32A on current version Nema 14-50 Tesla Chargers. Effectively 50% faster charger.

Yes. I took delivery on Tuesday. I had been in Florida and came back to take delivery and then headed back to Florida (I had always planned to be away for the Month of March. I never expected to have to wait over a year and I spend most of March in Florida every year). I picked up the car on Tuesday of this week. The SA at the Lyndhurst store was super busy as he was the only guy in the showroom and I was left to my own devices to figure things out. I spent about an hour going over the car and setting up my Blue Tooth, my driving profiles and my phone key etc. I'm no high tech guru, but I was able to figure most of it out on my own, but every now and then I would scamper back into the showroom to get some help and advice from anyone I could find. I could only find one key FOB, but by the time I was ready to leave the dealership a nice young lady ran out and gave me another one (they found it!). The car was perfectly clean (I would hope so) on the inside. The car could have been detailed a bit better on the outside, but I wasn't worried about it (you will see why as I continue). The car had 20 miles on it. All of the doors and everything worked fine, no rubbing or any other issues that I've read about here gave me any causes for concern. The FWD will need a bit of adjustment as the door handles don't line up exactly perfect, but I was told to make a Service Appointment through the app and they will take care of the adjustment of the doors. After hanging out as long as I felt necessary, I drove about 8 miles to see my friend Marcus Copenhaver at Mr. Detail in Oakwood Village. He is doing an Xpel PPF wrap (clear matte) and tint job for me. So I've only driven the car 8 miles, but it was a dream to dive and I had no problems with the Yoke (I like it). The turn signals will take a bit of getting used to and I honked the horn once by mistake (lady at the light next to me thought I was trying to pick her up. I didn't have time to take any pics, but I will when I get back from Florida. I told Marcus to take his time (I think he is planning a promotional video showing the work on my MX). I plan on picking up the car on April 2nd when I get back from Florida. One thing that is kinda cool is that any time a door is left open on the car, I get a message on my phone. That way I know Marcus and his guys are working on my car. I also know that they are keeping it inside as I can check on temperature in the car. That's all I know right now, but the Lyndhurst Service Center could be better staffed.
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: dbchilly