Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
croman said:
I'm in Chicago and I have a March 22-25 window (and VIN). I have heard of others. Based on VINs, it seems to be around 650 cars per day.

Could the Midwest be getting a truckload? 2 in Chicago just got VIN’s and 2 Wisconsinite’s who have to pick up in Chicago (no sales in WI) just got an updated range, me being one of them. Changed from October to March 25-31.

I know, I know…don’t burst my bubble, means nothing until Vinned. I’ve been in this spot before but the Chicago VIN’s give me a glimmer of hope even though I haven’t served enough time in Tesla purgatory.😈

MX-P ordered early January 2022 Red/White, 6 seat, FSD, 20’s. (on the waiting list sheet RN1163167XX)
Yes let hope! And just to clarify I also live in Wisconsin and have highland park, IL pickup location. OD 3-1-21 LR FSD white/white 20’s

Question: Does anyone not have an EDD? Are blank EDDs still a thing? I see 53 entries showing as blank but none of them are recent.

My intent is to do some more speculative math.. if 21.3% (120 cars) are delivered, figure that 21.3% of the outdated EDDs (95) may also be delivered and the user may never return to the spreadsheet (currently 95 outdated EDD entries, or potentially as many as 20 additional unreported deliveries)

On a related note, I believe it is safe to say roughly 25% have been delivered. That's a pretty good milestone! :)

Sad that I have to be happy about 25% delivery a half year after production started but its something! At this rate we will all have cars by late 2023 :) lol

No. 14-50 outlets are a special case. They can take a PEAK load of 50A and have a 50A breaker. They are only rated 40A for continuous load applications (EV charging). That is why Tesla now limits it to 32A on the latest Gen2 Mobile connector in a 14-50 adapter (not to save money) but safety and to make Smokey the Bear happier.

This has been beaten to death in other threads. You are better off putting a 40A breaker as well since you are only charging at 32A no reason to put 50A and legal to do so.

You should chuck that Gen 1 mobile connector.

You are contradicting nothing I said. Reread my post. I never said anything about charging at 50 amps.

Hope this post doesn’t violate any rules — I just had my new MX ceramic coated by a place in King of Prussia PA, name of place is PHL Detailing. 3 young but experienced guys. Cost half of what the more established places were asking for a lifetime warranty ceramic coating. They did a great job and for anyone using the Devon SC, they are a great option to consider.

Hope this post doesn’t violate any rules — I just had my new MX ceramic coated by a place in King of Prussia PA, name of place is PHL Detailing. 3 young but experienced guys. Cost half of what the more established places were asking for a lifetime warranty ceramic coating. They did a great job and for anyone using the Devon SC, they are a great option to consider.
Only violates since I dont have my plaid yet and im jealous.

It's a 50 amp circuit with 32 amp charging. My gen 1 mobile charger still charges 40 amps.
The charger doesn't know what the wire size or breaker size is. It has no way to tell. It will attempt to pull what it was designed for, aside from temperature sensing and/or voltage drops. You have a Gen 1 version, so 40A is what it was designed for. Next time it charges use your App and look at the starting voltage and AMPs. About an hour later, assuming its not near fully charged, look again. If you see a noticeable drop in voltage and/or amps, then outlet and/or breaker and/or wires are heating up too much, thus creating resistance. Hopefully all is great.

Can anyone explain the new Headlight, taillight difference? So this plaid today at my local SS.

Attachments

• 20220312_140528.jpg
    20220312_140528.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 20220312_140454.jpg
    20220312_140454.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 79
On the way back from dropping off the kids this morning, I noticed what looked like a snake bite on my windshield. I got out of the car to inspect it and they were tiny little chips next to each other. I immediately took my car to Safelite (windshield glass fixing place) and asked for them to fix it. They took a look and said it was too small and to shallow to be fixed. I only see it when the sun hits them right. But still... now I'm worried that they'll spread and I'll have to fork over 2400 bucks to fix it.
I have had a lot of problems with rock chips and broken windshields. Lots of dump trucks on I-15 with uncovered loads. I have STEK Dynoflex windshield film on my MXP and MYP. So far, so good. $500 per car. A full sheet only covers the bottom 2/3 of the X windshield. There is a barely discernible line, above your field of view. You have to look up to see it. At that point, the windshield is sloping back so steeply, that I thought a rock chip in that area would be a low probability event.

Reactions: Stro
Aloha Everyone! Our Field of Dreams 2021 MXLR has made it home. We had a seamless delivery at the Ft Lauderdale Tesla Location. We inspected about every inch and found NOTHING wrong with it. The FWD are perfectly aligned, the door handles are aligned, the paint has no issues and just about nothing. Got both key fobs, both cards and all floormats. Delivery was smooth and drove home with no issues. The car had actually 15 miles and door has a date of 11/21.
This car is gorgeous and it was worth every wait. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. Ciao

Attachments

• stargazer 1.jpg
    stargazer 1.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 76