Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ummmm what is this??? I’ve never seen this before not even on my old 2020 X. Its at the top in the middle of the falcon wing glass on the outside View attachment 780903
Is that a pix of the top of your X? There is an ultrasonic sensor in the top roughly near the center, so the FWD will not crash into a low ceiling. Should be on every Model X, it is not anything new. Near the center, installed in the plastic spline appliqué between the doors.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Went to pick up my car today.
Car looked good.

Excess silicon from the top and bottom of the taillight. Couldn’t fully clean unless they took the taillight off. There was silicone in other areas spilling over as well (along door trim).

Went to open passenger FWD and the plastic cover on the door handle just fell off after pressing it.

Once that was open the seat looked pushed forward. I tried the side button to slide it back, but it didn’t work.

The headlights also seemed to have very high gaps on the top compared up to the frunk. Vs the bottom of the headlight sitting on the bumper without any gap (not sure if that’s normal)

They said they’d need some time to fix the seat so I didn’t take delivery.

So we wait again!

But definitely check for silicone.

SoCal - LR X blk/wht 22”

I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow to my house after noon, but Tesla just called to ask if they can deliver right now. They have been very proactive in contacting me via text and now calling my cell. Hoping to find no issues. 👍
I didn't find any problems so far, the car was almost perfect. A very small scratch that I might have them buff out, but you can barely see it. After spending time setting it up, tested it in the driveway, short drive, and now it is pouring in Texas. I guess I'll take pictures tomorrow. Love it so far and the grandkids want to sit in it to play games rather than use the console in the house.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Just an interesting finding noted on tesla.com.

If anyone wants a new 5 seat 2019 Model X, somehow there is inventory of 1 in the Philadelphia area…weird such an old demo vehicle with <50 miles on it. 🤷‍♂️…hey at least its a now-elusive 5 seater. Not sure if this link works, but very odd:

If anyone wants a new 5 seat 2019 Model X, somehow there is inventory of 1 in the Philadelphia area…weird such an old demo vehicle with <50 miles on it. 🤷‍♂️…hey at least its a now-elusive 5 seater. Not sure if this link works, but very odd:

$123 for a 3 year old car? Are they out of their minds?

Hello everyone! I've been following this thread recently, but have not posted previously. I'm on the generic July 2022 EDD.

I have a question for those who have traded in an older Tesla. Did you keep your Gen 1 mobile connector from the old car and let them have the Gen 2 mobile connector? If so, did they object in any way?
I have only used the mobile connector once in the 5+ years I've had my old Model X, But I don't see why I wouldn't keep my 40 amp mobile connector instead of the new 32 amp mobile connector (that doesn't even come with a 14-50 adapter).

This will give you a laugh: I purchased my 2016 Model X with the optional 72 amp onboard charger, but had a 100 amp circuit installed for the wall connector because I was sure future electric vehicles would have bigger chargers!

Hello everyone! I've been following this thread recently, but have not posted previously. I'm on the generic July 2022 EDD.

I have a question for those who have traded in an older Tesla. Did you keep your Gen 1 mobile connector from the old car and let them have the Gen 2 mobile connector? If so, did they object in any way?
I have only used the mobile connector once in the 5+ years I've had my old Model X, But I don't see why I wouldn't keep my 40 amp mobile connector instead of the new 32 amp mobile connector (that doesn't even come with a 14-50 adapter).

This will give you a laugh: I purchased my 2016 Model X with the optional 72 amp onboard charger, but had a 100 amp circuit installed for the wall connector because I was sure future electric vehicles would have bigger chargers!
I asked if I could keep mine when I traded mine in and the SA didn't object. I ended up not keeping it though as I totally forgot about it along with my 2TB Samsung hard drive. I failed at life that day.

I didn't find any problems so far, the car was almost perfect. A very small scratch that I might have them buff out, but you can barely see it. After spending time setting it up, tested it in the driveway, short drive, and now it is pouring in Texas. I guess I'll take pictures tomorrow. Love it so far and the grandkids want to sit in it to play games rather than use the console in the house.
Congrats! Please post pictures of the cream interior. Really hard to find pictures of the refreshed X with the cream interior.

Sure I wanna spend $123,690.00 for new old stock when my new 2022 is gonna cost me $87k. That car, at that price doesn’t even have FSD. 🤣