Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that the price increases aren't nice, but weren't the prices higher back around 2016-2017? I know that my 2016 S was significantly more expensive than my 2017 S. Just trying to add some levity to the situation. Also, didn't the refreshed S already go through a price increase later on in 2021?
I wanted to buy a Model X in 2017 - 19.
It was just way out of my price range. But in spring 2020 prices went below 80K and if I stretched my budget I could finally afford one. I put in my order. When I put in my order in 6/05/2020 the price was $79k base configuration. Tesla was still making a profit margin.
They wanted an extra $8K for the refresh. Now think of this. While they raised the price of the Model X Refresh $10K for all new orders, they took $2k off for us 2020 order holder.

So from Jan 2021 - now every buyer could get $2k back and it would not hurt the profit margin. So you add in all the price increases Tesla is making even more of a profit margin. What has not gone up for some VINers... quality of the build, reasonable accommodations for delivery timing and top of the list with a bullet is communication!

Would it be awesome if we could charge back all their screw ups?
Ok Mr. Musk... let's see here.
Original promised deliver date April 2021 missed -$2k
June 2021 EDD missed -$1k
September 2021 EDD missed -$1k
December 2021 EDD missed -$1k
Aril 2022 EDD missed -$1k
Poor communication penalty -$3k
Loss of use after delivery for Build errors -$5k

OK... Mr Musk your bill $115k minus $14K for Tesla related issues... My total due is now $101K

Hi everyone.

I made an order for a Long Range X last Friday (3/11/22). If I modify the order, (change wheels, exterior color or interior color), would I be subject to the new price increase?

Thanks
I changed my X order from a 7 seater to a 6 seater and, while the 3000 upcharge for the 6 seat configuration was added, I was not subject to the pricing increase from yesterday. You can check this by editing the design on the website and check the pricing there. You can always discard any changes and keep the config and pricing the same.

They claim price increases are due to inflation but it's clearly a profit grab. Material costs are increasing but not everything and 10k is insane.
Supply and Demand...they have way too many orders at the prices they promised already. Its not just about cost increases now. Orders they are taking now are for delivery 6+ months out. Who knows where commodity prices will be then. They can afford to bump prices as insurance to cover future cost increases as their order book is already through the roof.

If you tried to buy a new car in California from any other brand, there is going to be markups on top of MSRP some of which are 50-100k more than MSRP. We're lucky in that Tesla gives you the car at the price you locked in at deposit

Just logged into the spreadsheet to proudly change my status to Delivered after 411 days of waiting, but someone decided they needed to do take it upon themselves to do that for me. Kinda sucks. Changing it back to March 15th and typing in Delivered myself so you didn't completely take the moment from me.

On a positive note, those that have gone on to the promised land before us all have not exaggerated, this vehicle is amazing. I can't even imagine the acceleration of the Plaid because the LR is Insanely fast. Coming from an '18 Raptor and driving my wife's '20 Tahoe for the last few months because the Raptor doesn't fit in the parking garage at work, I was worried I wouldn't like it after the hype of 400+ days. I was wrong to think that. This thing is AMAZING.

The yoke is absolutely perfect for my driving style/hand placement. I haven't reached for the turn signals or the top of the wheel yet like the overexaggerated, infomercial like videos online. The seats are very comfortable and plush. The cabin is as quiet as I would have thought it would be without a gas engine covering up the road noise.

I have the wall charger on 60amp/48V and it's charging at 38+ miles an hour which is 8 up from the website specs.

My wife is blown away that YouTubeTV works and the kids got to watch WWE Raw on the way home from dinner haha. She also has started to change her tune and now sounds like she wants to get an S in a few months. Just wish I had placed the order after taking delivery yesterday since the prices went up another $5k+ on everything.

My 5 year old is obsessed with Back to the Future and is convinced it's a time machine because of the doors. He's not a big fan of the acceleration though haha.

There were only a few issues I saw at delivery but they fixed what they could, and I'm happy with it.
IMG_1141.jpg
D1BDAF77-075E-4E1C-896D-86917A05A0FE.JPG
IMG_8086.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg

Tesla - Due to increases in diesel fuel we will be increasing the cost of all the cars on this truck by $500.00

Customer - How much more are they charing for transportation ?

Tesla - $500.00

Customer - How many cars on the truck?

Tesla - 8 Cars

Customer - So that truck with 8 cars on it is costing an additional $500.00?

Tesla - Yes

Customer - Charging each car owner an additional $500.00 adds up to $4,000.00

Tesla - It's called profit margin... you won't understand...

Customer - 🤦‍♂️

Supply and Demand...they have way too many orders at the prices they promised already. Its not just about cost increases now. Orders they are taking now are for delivery 6+ months out. Who knows where commodity prices will be then. They can afford to bump prices as insurance to cover future cost increases as their order book is already through the roof.

If you tried to buy a new car in California from any other brand, there is going to be markups on top of MSRP some of which are 50-100k more than MSRP. We're lucky in that Tesla gives you the car at the price you locked in at deposit
I think that's also why Tesla has only been accepting pre-orders without prices outside of North America since December 2021.

Just logged into the spreadsheet to proudly change my status to Delivered after 411 days of waiting, but someone decided they needed to do take it upon themselves to do that for me. Kinda sucks. Changing it back to March 15th and typing in Delivered myself so you didn't completely take the moment from me.

On a positive note, those that have gone on to the promised land before us all have not exaggerated, this vehicle is amazing. I can't even imagine the acceleration of the Plaid because the LR is Insanely fast. Coming from an '18 Raptor and driving my wife's '20 Tahoe for the last few months because the Raptor doesn't fit in the parking garage at work, I was worried I wouldn't like it after the hype of 400+ days. I was wrong to think that. This thing is AMAZING.

The yoke is absolutely perfect for my driving style/hand placement. I haven't reached for the turn signals or the top of the wheel yet like the overexaggerated, infomercial like videos online. The seats are very comfortable and plush. The cabin is as quiet as I would have thought it would be without a gas engine covering up the road noise.

I have the wall charger on 60amp/48V and it's charging at 38+ miles an hour which is 8 up from the website specs.

My wife is blown away that YouTubeTV works and the kids got to watch WWE Raw on the way home from dinner haha. She also has started to change her tune and now sounds like she wants to get an S in a few months. Just wish I had placed the order after taking delivery yesterday since the prices went up another $5k+ on everything.

My 5 year old is obsessed with Back to the Future and is convinced it's a time machine because of the doors. He's not a big fan of the acceleration though haha.

There were only a few issues I saw at delivery but they fixed what they could, and I'm happy with it. View attachment 781268View attachment 781272View attachment 781273View attachment 781275
Is he dressed as Marty Mcfly?

Me and my wife picked up delivery twice and we don't really picky on details. Just look around as the same as we bought our gas cars before. We are still love and enjoy our MX and MY.
Totally agree on not being picky, nothing is perfect, none of my gas vehicles, nor my MSP was perfect, there should be consideration for some minor issues.
Cheers,

Can you share that? Not sure I have...

Hello [redacted],

We are contacting you regarding the timing of your Model X order. As we expand production capacity, the launch dates for markets outside of North America have been postponed. We will inform you of the delivery times through your Tesla account when production begins.

Your Model X is getting closer to delivery. We currently expect shipments outside of North America to begin in the second half of 2022.

In order to expedite the delivery of existing orders, including your Model X order, as much as possible, we are currently no longer accepting new orders for the Model S and Model X from markets outside North America.

The price of your Model X will continue to be the same as it was when you placed your order, unless your vehicle configuration has been changed. To apply your order fee to another model, or to receive a full refund, request a call to speak directly to a Tesla representative.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,

Your Tesla Team

Hey guys I know a few of you have sold or transferred your Reservation to someone else on an order that was no longer wanted/needed. I have my plaid coming Saturday but I have a second order that was placed before the price increase and wondering if I can transfer to someone else to save them money. Is that possible? Or have the take delivery of the car and then sell to someone ?

• Love
Reactions: Great White
I have a performance model Y and I disagree with every point you just made. I also had a 2018 Model 3 before that. The Y is amazing just like every other vehicle that Tesla makes. I like my Model Y more than my model 3 in every way.
To each their own but in my opinion the model Y feels cheap inside and handles poorly compared to every other version Tesla I’ve driven and owned. Not to mention it’s by far the ugliest of them all and has a “ very girly look to it kind of like the VW bug always did” in the words of my wife which I sadly 100% agree with. It does feel sportier than my 2016 90D X but I sure would hope so seeing how old that vehicle is and that it’s not a performance version.

Was your model 3 not a performance? Could explain why you like the Y better..

I haven't complained in awhile so here it goes...

Last week Tesla updated my March 2021 order EDD to March 13-31 (from it's previous value of "July"). I took that as good news since it's unlikely they would bump it up several months and give it specific range unless it was more solid. So I got financing arranged (takes 2 days), then I got trade in quotes for my car, all of that is good for 30 days.

This morning, they put the EDD at July again. Honestly so ****ing pissed. Their bullshit is really making me not want this car at all.