Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you can. At least from Burbank. You'd need to go to Lake Arrowhead to the new supercharger there for a 'run around charge', which may be about an hour one way, but it's a gorgeous drive. I usually stay in Arrowhead anyway. Or better yet, charge at the new Highland 250w charger at the base of the mountain, which is a better bet.
on my way up from the OC i charge at the highland charger. I can make it all the way up and all the way back to the OC without charging again. this is with about 1.5 hour going up from the highland charger and 4 hours getting back down in traffic. The way back down is all regen basically

GOD TESLA IS INFURIATING!

Seeing all the 5 seater's on the East Coast starting to receive VIN's and having gotten a EDD of March 26 - 31 I wanted to take the risk of getting my loan sorted out. It should be good for 60 days so fingers crossed all works out. But my Tesla App is locked into cash payment. So I needed to call Tesla.

I speak with a nice enough guy who warns me about the risk of getting financing prior to getting a VIN ect ect.. As I tell him I'm good with the risk and to open my app so I can set up financing... he stops and realizes... "WAIT! If I open your APP now, then our order will show as incomplete and could boot you out of the VIN assignment Que."

So with interest rates about to rise (according to most financial folks) I am stuck in limbo unable to act without possibly negatively impacting my delivery window. The SA on the phone said with a EDD of March 26-31 and a 2 weeks transport window to Norwell MA Delivery Center if i don't get VIN'ed soon I'll probably get an EDD push back.

I swear it's like I'm ending every communion with Tesla.... with a paper cut and lemon juice. WTF

Well hello all! Yesterday was my delivery day (MX LR, Blk/Blk, 6 seats, 20” wheels and 11th hour change to FSD @ the old $10,000 price tag). Went in to make it official on the spreadsheet and found that, like @NashvilleX, I was robbed of that satisfaction:eek:😁

My husband is familiar with all of TMC members goings on through my cocktail hour recaps of the daily postings. He was determined to outshine @Stro and become the Tesla customer that SAs talk about for years to come as he attempted to yank the middle seats out followed by trying to squeeze his 6’5”self under the car in search of damage. Ha! They left us alone to inspect it inside and out so his efforts were unappreciated except from the guy picking up a Model 3 next to us.

The car looked fantastic and my experience was stress-free and pleasant. Only a few things to note for any of your future deliveries:
  1. Scratches: There were 3 extremely small (less than 1/4”) scratches that occurred during transport. The SA pointed them out first thing. They had already consulted with the body shop they use and got an appointment and time estimate for the work. The scratches, though tiny, are deep will require two weeks to repaint 3 separate panels fully (eek!)
  2. Gooey residue: I recall seeing this mentioned before. Lots of spots on tail lights and headlamps and inside door frames. A gooey almost rubber cement like substance. Will easily come off. Just weird with how immaculately clean the car was that they didn’t get it all. SA said it was residue from the wrap they put on the cars for shipment.
  3. Loose trim: Around the driver’s side back triangular window in the hatch.
  4. Trunk/hatch: Ever so slightly off in alignment. As picky as I am I probably wouldn’t have said anything about this but figured what the heck, if they’re fixing other stuff I’d add to the list.
That’s it. Immaculate interior. Key fobs present. Mobile charging and J1772 adapter present. Tow hitch present. Wonderfully helpful SA.

Of note as several have asked:

— I received my $2000 discount 3 days before delivery.
— I did get my 1000 free supercharger miles (must use in 6 months). I never expected this to work out in my favor since they eliminated the referral system for supercharger miles.
— Yes to the yoke worm question. Although not as pronounced as some I have seen. Another thing that just doesn’t bother me even as picky as I am.

I was disappointed to find I have the new charge port. I thought I might have a chance for the old one since my build date is Feb 17th. It does look cheap or unfinished or something. I can’t quite put my finger on it. But I know I like the old one better.

I opted to take delivery. Trusting the reputable body shop (I checked) to do a good job on the paint, I left my new car at the SC rather than drive home and then back in 24 hours. The rest is easy stuff.

As a non-speed junkie and 1st time Tesla owner, I will give a newbie perspective review once I get my car back and can drive it.

Good luck to all new VINners!
Congrats! By the way, you were able to add back the FSD at the old price? I deleted mine previously, and it said no further changes can be made. I saw the add FSD button but didn't know if they added back at the old 10K price or the new 12K price.

Just an interesting finding noted on tesla.com.

If anyone wants a new 5 seat 2019 Model X, somehow there is inventory of 1 in the Philadelphia area…weird such an old demo vehicle with <50 miles on it. 🤷‍♂️…hey at least its a now-elusive 5 seater. Not sure if this link works, but very odd:

Know this is not exactly the right place but have a late 2019 5 Seater Dual Motor with 20K Miles that I am selling when I pick up my new one at the end of the month. Will miss the flexibility of the super trunk.

Seeing all the 5 seater's on the East Coast starting to receive VIN's and having gotten a EDD of March 26 - 31 I wanted to take the risk of getting my loan sorted out. It should be good for 60 days so fingers crossed all works out. But my Tesla App is locked into cash payment. So I needed to call Tesla.

I speak with a nice enough guy who warns me about the risk of getting financing prior to getting a VIN ect ect.. As I tell him I'm good with the risk and to open my app so I can set up financing... he stops and realizes... "WAIT! If I open your APP now, then our order will show as incomplete and could boot you out of the VIN assignment Que."

So with interest rates about to rise (according to most financial folks) I am stuck in limbo unable to act without possibly negatively impacting my delivery window. The SA on the phone said with a EDD of March 26-31 and a 2 weeks transport window to Norwell MA Delivery Center if i don't get VIN'ed soon I'll probably get an EDD push back.

I swear it's like I'm ending every communion with Tesla.... with a paper cut and lemon juice. WTF

How is this Tesla's fault??

That doesn't seem to make sense.... Is this just because you don't have the VIN yet? as soon as I got my VIN I had someone on the Tesla chat switch me from cash to financing and I was able to then go in and apply for the loan seamlessly. Maybe try again with a different rep?

Congrats! By the way, you were able to add back the FSD at the old price? I deleted mine previously, and it said no further changes can be made. I saw the add FSD button but didn't know if they added back at the old 10K price or the new 12K price.
My original order was for NO FSD. I had read on this forum that we could add it and be grandfathered in at the old price ($10K). After debating about it for 14 months, we decided sometime over the weekend before my Tuesday pick up to see if that would still be the case. And it was. To be clear, I never had FSD and removed it previously. This was my first time adding it.

My original order was for NO FSD. I had read on this forum that we could add it and be grandfathered in at the old price ($10K). After debating about it for 14 months, we decided sometime over the weekend before my Tuesday pick up to see if that would still be the case. And it was. To be clear, I never had FSD and removed it previously. This was my first time adding it.
This is correct. I did not purchase FSD at the time of my April 2021 order. I just checked the cost to add it and it shows $10K, the cost of FSD on my order date.

Sorry...just grumbling...

I just called Tesla about my 2-week-old VIN with no delivery date in sight. The answer I was given was "we're told that the Model X are taking longer to go through inspection so you basically just have to wait". This was not really useful. The only status I could find was the car is "in inspection". Well, did they find anything? "I can't see that information." :mad:

Anyone taken delivery of a Model X in Fremont in the past week or two? If so, what was the time between when you got the VIN and when they contacted you to schedule delivery?

Seriously wondering if they found something horribly wrong with the car and they're having to scurry around behind the scenes to (try to) fix it.

This is so much unlike buying my Model S it's hard to imagine this is the same company.

Bruce.

Sorry...just grumbling...

I just called Tesla about my 2-week-old VIN with no delivery date in sight. The answer I was given was "we're told that the Model X are taking longer to go through inspection so you basically just have to wait". This was not really useful. The only status I could find was the car is "in inspection". Well, did they find anything? "I can't see that information." :mad:

Anyone taken delivery of a Model X in Fremont in the past week or two? If so, what was the time between when you got the VIN and when they contacted you to schedule delivery?

Seriously wondering if they found something horribly wrong with the car and they're having to scurry around behind the scenes to (try to) fix it.

This is so much unlike buying my Model S it's hard to imagine this is the same company.

Bruce.

If true that could potentially explain why we are seeing more and more deliveries with good quality vehicles and less glaring issues. It does seem odd that your vehicle is taking so long being right at the factory... I don't blame you for being skeptical. But on the bright side if something is wrong then its getting fixed right at the place where it gets built.... Much better than finding an issue when its across the country at a random Tesla SC imo.

Yeah it seems that way. I wouldn’t do it with serious snow though. That can stall you for several hours up and down the mountain.

I offer free EV charging at my cabin rental if anyone wants to DM me for the listing.
Thanks for the offer! We typically stay at our friends' cabin up there, and it just so happens to have a NEMA 6-50 in the garage that the previous owner used to operate a welding machine

Misery likes company. A few months ago, I had a specific range in February. I’ve been on the Tesla roller coaster for many years and should’ve known better, but applied for financing. After I got the loan approved, my date went back to “July“. It just expired the other day and if I decide to finance, I will have to apply again, taking another credit hit.
If you want any chance of getting your new Tesla, don't delay on requalifying for financing since they will push you to the back of the line if your financing is pending approval. Happened to me twice.