Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is this Tesla's fault??
Since you've been here since only Dec 21 I'll explain.
Having been waiting since 2020 many of us have had EDD's get pushed out and pushed out multiple times. It's unique to have one pulled in then pushed back out but it happens. Tesla should not be shifting up the EDD until a VIN is assigned. How are we expected to plan when they seem to use an Ouija Board to figure out production planning. Read back about 1000 pages and you'll see what I and many others have been going though.

That doesn't seem to make sense.... Is this just because you don't have the VIN yet? as soon as I got my VIN I had someone on the Tesla chat switch me from cash to financing and I was able to then go in and apply for the loan seamlessly. Maybe try again with a different rep?
Right... as soon as I get my VIN I'll jump right on it.
The concern seems to be if they open my account before the VIN is assigned my account might get passed off as incomplete.

For pre-refresh model X orders. How did you guys get $2000 promised discount ? was it applied automatically to your order? or do you need to ask someone at Tesla ? when is it done ? if I pay my down payment before getting $2K applied on account ..would that $2K by applied to my loaned amount? Thanks in advance

For pre-refresh model X orders. How did you guys get $2000 promised discount ? was it applied automatically to your order? or do you need to ask someone at Tesla ? when is it done ? if I pay my down payment before getting $2K applied on account ..would that $2K by applied to my loaned amount? Thanks in advance
The $2k discount should show up on your paperwork shortly before delivery. If you overpay, then you'll probably have to wait weeks or months for a refund.

Quick question does auto pilot miles count towards safety score???
No. But if you have to suddenly hit the brake hard or jerk the wheel strongly to get outta NOA, that'll count. Which happened to me a lot. I found myself tweaking the speed incessantly (NOA stalk) to try to prevent having to 'jam out' of NOA suddenly. At least in the city of L.A., it's excruciatingly difficult keeping a high score. I had to proactively and defensively to save my score, focus way way ahead-- get way out in front of potential hard brakes or following too closely's. Like when you're seeing a car shade into your lane, back off your speed RIGHT NOW before he makes his move into your lane. Because once he's in front of you too close(very normal and necessary often in L.A. traffic) your score is dinged big. You can't be on NOA non-Beta city streets for long since it's hardly developed at all. Most peeps won't want to be so intense on a drive, but if you want to be one of the Beta soldiers, then you gotta. In the end, it weeds out the ones that won't won't to handle this amount of perseverance. You gotta want to be that soldier.

Last edited:
GOD TESLA IS INFURIATING!

Seeing all the 5 seater's on the East Coast starting to receive VIN's and having gotten a EDD of March 26 - 31 I wanted to take the risk of getting my loan sorted out. It should be good for 60 days so fingers crossed all works out. But my Tesla App is locked into cash payment. So I needed to call Tesla.

I speak with a nice enough guy who warns me about the risk of getting financing prior to getting a VIN ect ect.. As I tell him I'm good with the risk and to open my app so I can set up financing... he stops and realizes... "WAIT! If I open your APP now, then our order will show as incomplete and could boot you out of the VIN assignment Que."

So with interest rates about to rise (according to most financial folks) I am stuck in limbo unable to act without possibly negatively impacting my delivery window. The SA on the phone said with a EDD of March 26-31 and a 2 weeks transport window to Norwell MA Delivery Center if i don't get VIN'ed soon I'll probably get an EDD push back.

I swear it's like I'm ending every communion with Tesla.... with a paper cut and lemon juice. WTF
I wonder how accurate that is. We ordered 3/3/21 - weve had a trade in on there since day 1......well last week we got bumped to March 23-31 - when they bumped us our trade disappeared. We called Tesla and he added it back (and all the paperwork we had previously uploaded- title, registration, pics, etc showed up) but then about 3 days later we got kicked back to July - BUT so did a bunch of ppl. But now I am wondering if its because they opened our app :(

• Helpful
Reactions: IAMCCF
Since you've been here since only Dec 21 I'll explain.
Having been waiting since 2020 many of us have had EDD's get pushed out and pushed out multiple times. It's unique to have one pulled in then pushed back out but it happens. Tesla should not be shifting up the EDD until a VIN is assigned. How are we expected to plan when they seem to use an Ouija Board to figure out production planning. Read back about 1000 pages and you'll see what I and many others have been going though.
Having factory ordered over 10 cars in my lifetime, I can tell you Tesla is amateur hour. GM and Ford have this down to a science. My last Corvette a 2022 C8 ordered end of July 2021. Order was accepted 1 week later. They have codes you can check to give you exact update of your status. You will soon get a "TPW" target production week. A few weeks before that you get a VIN. There are sources you can find out exact daily production. I was able to determine the day - and +/- the hour my car was produced. Sadly right now Tesla has no real competition. Otherwise, they would have to hire someone smarter than a fifth grader to manage production.

Maybe it's the third row "Trim" that Elon was referring too. I also assumed I would not see my 5 seater for many months. Have a March 26-31 EDD but no VIN as of yet so I am cautiously optimistic. I have been burned before.
Many hundreds of pages back I speculated we could see 5 seats being built next since it’s the fewest parts of any of the X variants. If you’ve got parts shortages why not build the easiest version?

Also I’m biased since it is what I ordered :).

Last edited:
Having factory ordered over 10 cars in my lifetime, I can tell you Tesla is amateur hour. GM and Ford have this down to a science. My last Corvette a 2022 C8 ordered end of July 2021. Order was accepted 1 week later. They have codes you can check to give you exact update of your status. You will soon get a "TPW" target production week. A few weeks before that you get a VIN. There are sources you can find out exact daily production. I was able to determine the day - and +/- the hour my car was produced. Sadly right now Tesla has no real competition. Otherwise, they would have to hire someone smarter than a fifth grader to manage production.
Have you ever ordered a higher volume car with an incredible demand surge like this in the midst of a pandemic with a myriad of supply shortages?

No. But if you have to suddenly hit the brake hard or jerk the wheel strongly to get outta NOA, that'll count. Which happened to me a lot. I found myself tweaking the speed incessantly (NOA stalk) to try to prevent having to 'jam out' of NOA suddenly. At least in the city of L.A., it's excruciatingly difficult keeping a high score. I had to proactively and defensively to save my score, focus way way ahead-- get way out in front of potential hard brakes or following too closely's. Like when you're seeing a car shade into your lane, back off your speed RIGHT NOW before he makes his move into your lane. Because once he's in front of you too close(very normal and necessary often in L.A. traffic) your score is dinged big. You can't be on NOA non-Beta city streets for long since it's hardly developed at all. Most peeps won't want to be so intense on a drive, but if you want to be one of the Beta soldiers, then you gotta. In the end, it weeds out the ones that won't won't to handle this amount of perseverance. You gotta want to be that soldier.
I believe that driving conditions like you described is exactly why Tesla wants to restrict the latest Beta updates to people that have less stressful and challenging regional issues. They would much rather roll it out to someone in Oklahoma with wide open roads and less congestion might initially be more friendly to Autopilot.

Quick question to TBD EDD folks. Did it ever move and how many days after TBD? I saw a post that says it’s TBD on website but app has VIN. That is not the case with mine.

My understanding is all TBDs have been replaced with a month. I have asked here twice with no response and everyone on the spreadsheet that reported TBD last updated their "checkin" column date a few months ago.

Is Tesla prioritizing the order outside of California first? 🧐

This is typical of the end of the quarter push. They will prioritize deliveries further away knowing they can deliver local cars in less time before the last day of the month.

Reactions: Elixir
My understanding is all TBDs have been replaced with a month. I have asked here twice with no response and everyone on the spreadsheet that reported TBD last updated their "checkin" column date a few months ago.

This is typical of the end of the quarter push. They will prioritize deliveries further away knowing they can deliver local cars in less time before the last day of the month.
Probably next week the VINs will flood to CA customers only.

Get so excited seeing all those LR five seats getting vins! but still no vins from California (correct me if I am wrong).

Is Tesla prioritizing the order outside of California first? 🧐
Since you're new here, no, California usually gets the highest priority - first productions go there, last minute quarters in order to boost numbers, along with a regular flow throughout.

Settle in and don't sweat it because there's a number of us that have been waiting since the announcement (or earlier) without any sign of deliveries to date.