Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is all TBDs have been replaced with a month. I have asked here twice with no response and everyone on the spreadsheet that reported TBD last updated their "checkin" column date a few months ago.

This is typical of the end of the quarter push. They will prioritize deliveries further away knowing they can deliver local cars in less time before the last day of the month.
Hi, sorry I didn't reply to the TBD inquiry, but mine has been showing TBD for the last month or so. In my case as I mentioned quite a few pages ago, one SA changed my order from a grandfather priced 7 seater to a 6 without my authorization to try and get me the car "early". I was very upset seeing the change and the increase in price by almost 20k and spoke with another SA who took it up to a senior manager who apparently approved a return back to a 7 seater and to my original price. We confirmed this multiple times w/ multiple SAs and over txt w/ Tesla re: these changes. Since back to 7, it has been showing TBD. I am told that the next time my ETD was to change, then TBD would go away. All subsequent Calls to Tesla all mentioned the same thing to me after reviewing the notes in my account. Not sure if others have TBD here for other reasons though. Needless to say its been a disappointing journey waiting for this car, our first Tesla, like many of you here. These roller coaster events with unauthorized config and price changes did not help this experience at all either.

Last edited:
Taking delivery (again now)

One FWD won't open all the way. I know I read of others who had this issue on refresh.
Was it a simple sensor or another issue?

Thanks!
Well nevermind. The drivers side FWD is not aligned on the backside.
So if the car is parked on the smallest incline the door won't open all the way, or close.
This was my 2bd pick up attempt.

3rd times a charm?

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Hey everyone, I finally took delivery of my Model X Plaid this afternoon. Black/Black 6 seater 22' no FSD. I wanted to come back to this forum and post my impressions and some thoughts as I found it helpful when others did this. For reference, I upgraded from a 2018 Model S 75D with MCU2. My Plaid does have the plaid badge and new charging port.

I inspected the car thoroughly and it was pretty much flawless, all I could find was maybe a very very slightly misaligned frunk, Yoke worm (doesn't really bother me), and some creases in a couple of the seats. No significant panel gaps, paint defects, or other things I have read about here. Here are my thoughts:

• I echo others to say Wow, this car is next level spaceship. It's an upgrade in nearly every which way coming from my S. 100% worth the wait and unlike ANY car on the road!
  • The interior is stunning. It looks way better in person I feel that pictures don't do it justice whatsoever. Seats are super comfortable, and the cockpit view is incredible. Love the horizontal screen and its incredibly snappy and responsive.
  • Unquestionably a smoother and quieter ride than my 2018 Model S. Even with 22's.
  • Sound system is amazing, it matches or beats my wife's 2021 Escalade system which to me was the best I had heard previously. Significant upgrade from the older S.
  • For some reason I find the regenerative breaking to be heavier than my S? the car really slows hard when I let go of the pedal.
  • I'm shocked to say this but I absolutely love the Yoke. I find it really ergonomic and comfortable especially the way I drive. I was very worried about this when I first ordered the car last year with all the criticism of it initially in the media, but I have found it super easy to adjust to.
  • Love the turn signal buttons as well, need to get used to it but makes a lot of sense.
  • the car is UNREAL fast in plaid mode. I can feel the power and quiet rumble of the motors when this thing gets going, wow, it is a thrill like no other. Even in the "sport" mode, it is faster than my old S which did 0-60 in 4.2. I can't imagine what it feels like in the model S plaid.
  • The gear shifting works well and is super easy to use.
Overall the car is just amazing, it will be worth the wait when you get yours!

One thing I was wondering:

Is there a way to adjust the A/C fan setting on the scroll wheels? In my old S I could adjust it using the right scroll wheel but I can't figure it out on the X.

Attachments

• IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3420.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 65
I believe that driving conditions like you described is exactly why Tesla wants to restrict the latest Beta updates to people that have less stressful and challenging regional issues. They would much rather roll it out to someone in Oklahoma with wide open roads and less congestion might initially be more friendly to Autopilot.
Maybe initially, but FSD is not new. To me, it makes most sense for FSD to be tested in a variety of conditions, not just low traffic.

Hi, I just scheduled my in-home delivery (LR 6 seats) for March 26 at 2:00 PM. .
I am in Houston TX, can my fellow Texans that have already received their X tell me if we are in charge of doing the Title , Registration and license plates, or Tesla will do it?
I assume that since Tesla doen't use dealers, we need to do it.
Please help.

Thanks

This is typical of the end of the quarter push. They will prioritize deliveries further away knowing they can deliver local cars in less time before the last day of the month.
Thanks for the explanation!
Settle in and don't sweat it because there's a number of us that have been waiting since the announcement (or earlier) without any sign of deliveries to date.
Funny but our OD is the same! So same level of stress I guessed?
So many things could happen in 14 months, but not our tesla delivered😂

Hi, I just scheduled my in-home delivery (LR 6 seats) for March 26 at 2:00 PM. .
I am in Houston TX, can my fellow Texans that have already received their X tell me if we are in charge of doing the Title , Registration and license plates, or Tesla will do it?
I assume that since Tesla doen't use dealers, we need to do it.
Please help.

Thanks
I think for TX once they have your insurance info, they are able to make temporary tags for you that are good for 30 days, then they send you a registration packet in 2 weeks and you take care of the rest.

Reactions: SomeJoe7777