Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who got the text last night and responded seen any changes yet or gotten a response?

Just curious what prompted it, if they've got a batch of cars already made and they are sending them our way (and delivery could be any day) or they are prepping to make them (and we should expect late march, early april)
I suspect EoQ push is prompting this. They have good certainty on their inventory of build materials and factory labor between now and the end of the month, so they know how many units they can produce and where they will be able to deliver them before April 1.

I got a similar text for a Model 3 at the end of last year ("DECEMBER" instead of "MARCH", of course), and they delivered my Model 3 during the final week of the year. As an aside, I asked at delivery (before paying/accepting) whether the delivery folks had seen any indications that my MXP would be available sooner than the then-estimated April 2022 date, and they said it was highly unlikely to arrive soon since they had only seen 2-3 refresh MXLR deliveries and 1-2 MXP deliveries at that point. Of course, then they called me two days later to ask if I could take delivery of an MXP they had in my configuration before close of business. They offered to take the M3 off my hands for ~$15k less than what I had paid two days earlier (including tax/title/license/etc.). I declined, and they drug their feet on registering it until this month, so I've had a 2022 M3 sitting in my garage for almost three months since Carvana/Carmax/etc. won't tender an offer until registration is complete. They still haven't managed to complete registration for the MX somehow.

Anyway, short story is that I'd put a decent amount of faith in their ability to deliver by the end of the month if you received a text. That said, I wouldn't put 100% faith in anything they say, and I certainly wouldn't begin making moves on the assumption that they'll deliver if it means you'll get burned when they don't. Maybe 80% chance they deliver by 3/31.

I paid the day before but they are really nice at Devon and you can inspect the vehicle inside and outside before accepting delivery on your app. Is your SA Chris A.?
Thanks! I don't know who my SA is. The only correspondence I've had is with the mystery number from CA. When I try to call Devon, I'm always connected with someone in a different location. I know others have had great experiences there with delivery, so I should be in good shape. 🤞

Tesla is offering a trade-in value of $40,500 for my 2016 AP1 Signature Model X with 125k miles. To the 10k place, is that reasonable? It's on par with KBB but to get their cash offer they want eyes on. Caravan is much lower and admits they don't have database info. Carmax wants an eyes on also. Just trying to get a feel of whether it's worth it to pursue other options.

BTW, Tesla tells me my VIN was built on 3/14. Chance of matrix headlights?
X matrix headlights earliest delivery would be June, according to a Sawyer Merritt tweet. :(

Tesla is offering a trade-in value of $40,500 for my 2016 AP1 Signature Model X with 125k miles. To the 10k place, is that reasonable? It's on par with KBB but to get their cash offer they want eyes on. Caravan is much lower and admits they don't have database info. Carmax wants an eyes on also. Just trying to get a feel of whether it's worth it to pursue other options.

BTW, Tesla tells me my VIN was built on 3/14. Chance of matrix headlights?
Tesla offered $44500 for my 2016 P90D with 102K miles. I will be selling it to my brother in law. Hopefully a collectors car in a few more years. I believe first production (non-signature) Model X in Colorado.

Ok folks - I just got a change in my delivery date from July to the second half of March. This is a 5 seater LR (see my signature for details.) No VIN has been assigned.
As of yesterday: March 15-31 is still my EDD and has not changed. Received text asking me if I want to proceed in MARCH or DELAY - Replied MARCH (meaning to proceed with purchase). No VIN to date.

Previously, I was considering delay - wanting to delay till 4th quarter of 2022. Found out the most I can delay is a month or 2 - that does not help me; and with the price increases, I did not want to risk fouling up the transaction.

Reactions: Stro
The wait is over....:)
Picked up my model X and it's perfect. with all the horror stories I came ready to find very poor quality and was very surprised, the car is awesome, all seats are connected, no panel gaps, FWD are perfectly aligned, no paint issues.
The only minor issue is very small stretch on the plastic trim on the trunk. that's all.
The software version is very old 2021.43.202 hope to get an update in the next couple of days.

The delivery process was so smooth, got in, paid for it and got access to the car. once I completed the inspection I dropped off the signed documents and done.

pictures coming soon.

@JER85 - couldn't find your car in the delivery parking lot, there was one red X there.

I am about 15 pages behind, so I apologize if this has already been discussed: Has anyone in Chicago/St. Louis area gotten VIN's in the last week? I got a date range about a week ago, but no VIN yet. I know not to make much out of it, but this time I thought it may be legitimate given the end of quarter push. That's when I got my MSP in June - during the EOQ push.

I am about 15 pages behind, so I apologize if this has already been discussed: Has anyone in Chicago/St. Louis area gotten VIN's in the last week? I got a date range about a week ago, but no VIN yet. I know not to make much out of it, but this time I thought it may be legitimate given the end of quarter push. That's when I got my MSP in June - during the EOQ push.

Yes. I have a delivery scheduled 3/25 outside Chicago. Got my VIN last week.

Reactions: jbrowdy
No vin and date back to July

• Informative
Reactions: jbrowdy
I am also Blue - MX LR 5 seater, Blue, White, 22s, FSD, Ordered Feb 2021, delivery in CA.

EDD: March 15-31, received the MARCH text, no VIN yet
We are in a similar situation, same paint color, same order date, same location, but you have FSD and I don't. I wonder if the conspiracy theory is true... FSD moves you up in line? Is it a $12,000 fast pass?

Reactions: Vitaman
@studioloft - The Undelivered number does not add up
Total Orders580
Undelivered48483.4%
Delivered14124.3%
With VIN17930.9%

Fixed!
Total Orders584
Undelivered44175.5%
Delivered14224.3%
With VIN18131.0%

Where can I get a good checklist to make sure Tesla isn't giving me one of their problem cars?

Check out the delivery checklist in our order tracking spreadsheet
1647557190755.png

Also check out the Model X Issues spreadsheet for trending issues.