Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't get rid of radar with AP1. Those cars aren't disappearing. Single stack FSD only for HW2.5 and up.

Over 250k model S and X AP1 and AP2. Only a fraction have FSD and some have EAP which Tesla hasn't updated to Hw3 and new cameras despite advertising them as having all hardware for FSD.

They can't drop radar. Not possible. Features more likely will get frozen but that's fine.

AP1 still better in a lot of ways to Tesla vision on highways.

• Helpful
Reactions: DelPhonic1 and bmah
Looks like another kiddo on the way, so we’re going to try to change our 5 seat LR order(July 2021) to a 6 seat, if they’ll let us for only a $6500 bump. Messaged the SA, I’ll let y’all know what they say. If they say we have to take the $25k price adjustment as well then I guess we’re sticking with the 5 seat for now…

On a side note, it’s crazy to me how orders take so long to fulfill that you can now have major life changes (kids, jobs, marriages, etc) in between when you order a car and when you receive it

Any opinions or knowledge of whether or not they can build 5 seat and 6 seat configurations at the same time? I fear that Q2 will be 5 seater only and those 6 seaters that were not delivered prior to now will have to wait until Q3. Wonder if that’s where the “July“ placeholder comes from?
Assuming the 6-seat configuration is higher margin, so I'd be shocked if they stop producing the 6-seat configuration entirely. Or if they do, I assume not for the whole quarter. We'll see though!

Reactions: jbrowdy
Order Date: 3/3/21 California
LR | 5 seat | Blue | Cream Int. | 20" Wheels | FSD | no VIN yet | EDD changed this morning from July 22 to 3/22 - 4/12

Got Email from Tesla yesterday ....

Attachments

• IMG_7324.jpg
    IMG_7324.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 106
You can't get rid of radar with AP1. Those cars aren't disappearing. Single stack FSD only for HW2.5 and up.

Over 250k model S and X AP1 and AP2. Only a fraction have FSD and some have EAP which Tesla hasn't updated to Hw3 and new cameras despite advertising them as having all hardware for FSD.

They can't drop radar. Not possible. Features more likely will get frozen but that's fine.

AP1 still better in a lot of ways to Tesla vision on highways.
This makes sense, but several people on this thread are excited about getting brand new HW3-equipped Xs with radar thinking it’s going to benefit them. It may short-term, but not when they switch to single-stack. At that point it’s essentially an appendix.

Finally got a date! Changed from July 2022 to March 25 - April 15. Original order date is March 2021. White LR X, 5-seat, White/White.

Not saying this made a difference, but I added FSD two days ago and got a date today so...
Nice! So mine was March 12-March 31, then changed back to July, and now it's back to March 21-April 10. I ordered 01/10/2021. Midnight Silver LR, 5-seat, FSD from beginning.

...And what is the meaning of life, and the purpose of this World :D

Can you show if the 2nd row has an arm rest? If so does it have power And or storage? Does the 2nd row have heated seats? Does it have a recline setting? Does the 2nd row move fowa and back a few inches? What mechanism folds the send row ? Is there one from the back? Can you show pics of the second row?
I think the Silicon Valley culture overdriven by single dudes that basically live at work are like: Who cares about the back seats?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Jbell and croman
I think I heard somewhere that the CCS adapter was/is available outside of the US and was working fine with the older charger port…my info doesn’t seem correct, thoughts?
i dont think so, it requires hardware to do it. Even the 3s and Ys didnt get it until like late 2020?

On your about screen for your car, there is a line that shows if your car has the hardware to charge with CCS, specifically with the Tesla CCS adapter.

There are aftermarket adapters that are bigger that allows CCS charging at a slower rate. I'm guessing whatever makes those aftermarket CCS adapters big is extra hardware that is now built into newer teslas which then allows a smaller CCS adapter they sell at Tesla S. Korea