Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks! I picked up my blue/cream/6 seat/20"/no FSD MX yesterday evening from the Devon, PA SC. Process was super smooth and the car looked great. Only 2 issues: the fobs were missing and there was a crack in the windshield right at the base of the trim going from the rear view mirror back towards the roof of the car (photo below). You can't see the crack from the driver's side, but thankfully I brought my eagle-eyed wife along. Anyway, I have a service appointment scheduled to get the fobs and replace the windshield.

After pickup, I drove the car about 80 miles back home. The time flew by! What an awesome car!
View attachment 783153
Good luck with the windshield replacement. Mine was similarly delivered to my house that way, so I had them take it back to the service center. It has been there for close to 5 weeks now waiting for a windshield replacement. I get a text from the service guy once a week updating me that there are no Model X windshields available in North America, and no known date when there will be one. Seems odd that they can produce so many new X's with windshields, but not save one for these issues.

After 411 days I took delivery of my MX LR last Saturday March 12th. I picked it up in Lynnwood, WA SC.

The pick up went really well. The SC people were really good and the car had been looked over pretty well. My original delivery attempt on February 8th was delayed because the FWD doors needed alignment and then it was noticed that some oil was on one of the door panels so a new one needed to be ordered.

I have only driven it 150 miles.
So far it’s incredible and with the wait. I do like the yoke. I have no issues with the turn signals. THE adjustment did not take long at all.

I’m in the process of doing an XPEL stealth wrap. Never wrapped a car before. Taking it slow. But so far so good. I’ve done the trim above the driver side doors and the hood so far.

Sadly, I went to go take my daughter to school Friday and the key could not be detected. I tried all the things. Key fobs. Phone key. Key cards. Nothing would work. I could use the key fob and phones to unlock the car by walking up to it. So it knew they were close by, just not in the car. Reset the touch screen. Powered off. Waited. Still nothing. Called road side and their only solution was to have it towed to the SC. So now it sits there waiting for a tech to find out what happened. Their initial look said it’s working fine. The keycard I sent with it they said was detected. So not sure what’s up. I hope they find something. Last year I had an issue with my Mercedes where it would crank but never start. Got it towed and the shop tested it and it worked fine. Has been fine ever since.

The tow truck driver was familiar with Tesla’s, but he had never seen a refresh. He was amazed by the yoke. It was fun to see his reaction to the new interior.

Ordered Jan 26, 2021
VIN Dec 14, 2021
Delivered March 12, 2022
With all the talk of "2021 field cars", the QC issues being reported on this forum and new improvements coming soon, maybe it's better to be delayed until July...
Not to mention a whole raft of alternative electric vehicles beginning to appear later this year maybe … but none quite like this egg …

oh geez what issues do you have
Squeaks, rattling, creaking over every bump, slightly uneven road and turn. It’s actually embarrassing to give anyone a ride because everyone is aware how expensive they are. Small soft rubber sections on FWD hinge area constantly falls off. Driver door frequently jams in an open position about 3” from closing. It’s not been the best, I’m probably certifiable for waiting this long on the refresh after this experience and it sounding like it’s very likely going to happen again.

Back row does have heating capability. Both reclining and folding is managed by a manual lever on the door side. No arm rest, besides the doors. I'll have to check if the seats move back and forward, but I don't believe so.
1647749589545.png

Can yours bench seat move forward individually?

Hehe, I feel like I won the lottery!
I have been on the July 2022 EDD for weeks, but this morning Tesla in Lynnwood, WA called and said a car in my configuration had "become available" and would be delivered to their store for pickup next week.
I have VIN 7SAXCBE58NF335xxx and pickup scheduled for Friday 3/25/22!
Congratulations. What are your configurations?

Hehe, I feel like I won the lottery!
I have been on the July 2022 EDD for weeks, but this morning Tesla in Lynnwood, WA called and said a car in my configuration had "become available" and would be delivered to their store for pickup next week.
I have VIN 7SAXCBE58NF335xxx and pickup scheduled for Friday 3/25/22!
Why did your order not go through a normal process with the confirmation and payment in the app? Why did they assign a VIN manually? This looks suspicious.

Why did your order not go through a normal process with the confirmation and payment in the app? Why did they assign a VIN manually? This looks suspicious.
I suspect they had someone who couldn't or wouldn't take delivery on this X and were calling around for someone nearby with the same configuration who could take delivery before the end of the quarter. After the phone call, everything went through the app as usual, including an expedited update on my trade-in.

Today it's the 510th day of my wait. I live in 10 minutes from the factory in Freemont, and, likely, have the oldest order. Got calls and emails with promises and multiple text messages asking to confirm the month. But it's still showing July and will likely shift again as it did before a dozen times...
Looks like your order is one month before my order. Hoping for an early Q2 arrival.

Squeaks, rattling, creaking over every bump, slightly uneven road and turn. It’s actually embarrassing to give anyone a ride because everyone is aware how expensive they are. Small soft rubber sections on FWD hinge area constantly falls off. Driver door frequently jams in an open position about 3” from closing. It’s not been the best, I’m probably certifiable for waiting this long on the refresh after this experience and it sounding like it’s very likely going to happen again.
Oh geez. How soon before your service appt?

Yup guess it just aint me. I’m like wow the X’s quality still have not improved AND the captain chair still squeaks to death. Was the same in my 2020 X. Left it forwards and backwards it would squeak like crazy

Reactions: Gurl3x4me