Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if you decide you still want one, won't you be paying the recently adjusted higher price now that you've cancelled?

You do realize that the 6 seater they switched it to is now $3500 + $12500 more than it was when you ordered it, right?
I do. But when I ordered it I wanted to get the 7 seater since I switched my LR order to a 6 seater. So now, if I get it, it is pretty much the same car with the exception of being faster and for that I am paying approx 30k more.

Reactions: Beacher#8 and sorka
Yes.

Check out our order tracking spreadsheet. Based on your order date, you are close.

View attachment 783579
Tell me how this happens where the nearly cheapest possible configuration, no FSD, gets VIN and delivery with April order date while earlier orders, some with a promise of 2021 delivery get ignored???

Quite a roller coaster ride. October is even worse than July.
Just as a side note, I ordered a Model Y a couple months ago, as kind of a "Maybe I'll need it" maneuver. Originally slated for August, but changed to May a couple weeks ago (perhaps due to FSD included). Now I have a date range August 19 - October 14. 60 day range? I don't know what to think. My five seat X ordered July 2021, still says July.

Last edited:
Tell me how this happens where the nearly cheapest possible configuration, no FSD, gets VIN and delivery with April order date while earlier orders, some with a promise of 2021 delivery get ignored???
Could be based upon selected colors, location, etc. Hard to say.

It could also be that they queued the car up for production and coordinated delivery to that location, but then someone wasn't ready to accept.. so it went to the next available reservation matching that config in that area.

I agree.. totally unfair but what can we do 🤷‍♂️ There are orders that were placed in Feb 2022 that have accepted delivery :( Exact same configs have been waiting since 2020

Excited to see some 5 seaters being delivered! But anyone else disappointed with the the second row of 5/7 seaters? I was hoping for something similar or better than the S— wireless charging, fold down arm rest, and 40/20/40 seats (not 60/40)…. No basis for any of these hopes, so chalk it up to wishful thinking.

Part of me wonders if I should downgrade to the MY, which has 2 out of 3 of these things. Anyone have both and can provide a comparison?

Radar can't tell the difference between an overpass, a tractor trailer, or a car when it's 100 feet ahead. That's why it is being dropped. No way to clearly determine height. Since I received FSDbeta on my M3, hard phantom braking is gone. Still have it but it is more gradual. Say from 80 to 60 mph, not 80 to nearly hard stop.

And driving in a thick fog I was impressed at the vision s/w. It dropped my speed from 80 to 60 and kept up with a truck barely visible in front of me. My eyes were getting very tired and I decided to just trust the FSDbeta and it help the distance to the bare outline of the vehicle in the distance.
But I do not know what would have occurred if nothing was on the road in front of me.

You know that's complete rubbish right? Radar can of course do this. We use radar to track ballistic missiles and intercept them. It can clearly determine the exact height. Tesla stopping using radar because it requires a decision when they disagree. Rather than do proper sensor fusion they went pure vision to meet Elon's lies about the FSD timeline. Even that failed because pure vision is not the entire solution.

Tesla knows that radar works. They used to have good ambition for it to rival lidar

Just went and added back in FSD. I've been waffling back and forth - originally had it on my order. Deleted a couple months back. Now it's back for 10K as it was on my original configuration. I don't think it's really worth it yet. I'm buying it based on potential value. Yes, I'm familiar with it - have it on my M3. I have zero inside info but I could see the price go up to 15k after reverse summons comes out. Maybe a bad decision, not sure. I guess I'll see in the coming months. :p

You can't get rid of radar with AP1. Those cars aren't disappearing. Single stack FSD only for HW2.5 and up.

Over 250k model S and X AP1 and AP2. Only a fraction have FSD and some have EAP which Tesla hasn't updated to Hw3 and new cameras despite advertising them as having all hardware for FSD.

They can't drop radar. Not possible. Features more likely will get frozen but that's fine.

AP1 still better in a lot of ways to Tesla vision on highways.
Did Tesla ever claim AP1 would be FSD eventually?